What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Looks like a nice case. Thanks! Any idea where it can be purchased, other than from the Motorola site? The Case-Mate site says it's 'coming soon'.

I purchased it directly from the Case-Mate site. I had signed up to be notified when it was in stock and purchased it about 7-10 days ago. Maybe they ran out again. I just checked and they are letting you sign-up to be notified again.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
For those who like Seidio products - cases and holsters for the Moto X Pure Edition were released today. (Monday, Nov. 9)

Looks like the Seidio case has a nice kickstand. Love kickstands. Don't know why more phones integrate it into the back. My HTC Evo had one and it was great.

kandroidos

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Is there yet a high quality leather case available? Or a leather wallet case available? I previously had a Stilgut leather case on my previous phone and I loved it. I asked them via twitter and they said they have no plans for the Moto X Pure. The only few leather cases I saw on Amazon were questionable at best. Have I missed something?

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered a Seidio case with the belt holster. Of course, I just ordered my Moto X PE yesterday, so it may be about a week or ten days before I can comment on the case. I've had Seidio cases before and they fit well and were functional. My only complaint is the belt clip on the holster is not very strong and is prone to breaking at the hinge. Otterbox makes the strongest belt clip holsters. I would have bought the Ottergox Defender case but it doesn't have the kickstand (unless you use the belt clip) and it's $60 compared to $40 for the Seidio (both w/ belt clip holster). And the Defender case is pretty beefy. I guess I may end up getting both.

krlseidl

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got the SUPCase. Like it a lot. I also ordered the Seidio Spring Clip Belt Holder for the Iphone 6 Plus but had to return it Phone would not fit in it with the SupCase installed. I think I am just going to go with the SupCase and a screen protector and just use a coat pocket for now.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got the SUPCase. Like it a lot. I also ordered the Seidio Spring Clip Belt Holder for the Iphone 6 Plus but had to return it Phone would not fit in it with the SupCase installed. I think I am just going to go with the SupCase and a screen protector and just use a coat pocket for now.

I have the SUPcase with the Seidio clip for the Note 5, fits like a glove, perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Got my diztronic and Seidio surface cases today. Surface case is nice. It does wobble if you touch the screen while the kickstand is out. But otherwise feels stable and like a lot of protection. Buttons still have a click to them. Too large though for day to day use but I'll keep it on for my business trip this week to see if it grows on me. One nice thing about the seidio surface is the new 'inner layer' makes quite a nice thin case by itself if you like grey. The inner rubber case even has a nice textured back and the seidio logo on it.

The diztronic is, of course, awesome. Clicky buttons, tight fit, perfect cutouts. It'll be my day to day but I'll be keeping the seidio for outdoor trips. Diztronic is always my go-to case.

I also have the tudia TPU case and a Cimo TPU case. Both are just 'ok' when compared to the diztronic.

Last edited:

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The diztronic is, of course, awesome. Clicky buttons, tight fit, perfect cutouts. It'll be my day to day but I'll be keeping the seidio for outdoor trips. Diztronic is always my go-to case.

I also have the tudia TPU case and a Cimo TPU case. Both are just 'ok' when compared to the diztronic.

Thanks for the info, I just ordered the Diztronic, and cancelled an order for the Cimo Grip (matte back) after seeing this post. I think it looks better and I like the buttons as you described.

I have used Cimo S-Wave cases on my last two phones. They were awesome, especially with the grippy pattern on the sides, but I'm ready for a change!

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Got my casemate black and grey bumper today. Nice case, much better than the included bumper. My only problem with it is there's noticeable play in the sides. Not like the included bumper but I can definitely squeeze this casemate onto my phone if that makes sense. Not a gap I can see through or anything but its super snug to the phone like I had hoped it would be

Just got this case today and mine also seems to have a loose fit by the buttons. Feels a little too slippery as well. Anyone try anything better than this one?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got this case today and mine also seems to have a loose fit by the buttons. Feels a little too slippery as well. Anyone try anything better than this one?
Not good! I have high hopes for this bumper case.

I ordered the Diztronic, but planned to use the Casemate more often. I know from using the free bumper that some play/flex around the buttons will not make me happy!

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I just ordered the Diztronic, and cancelled an order for the Cimo Grip (matte back) after seeing this post. I think it looks better and I like the buttons as you described.

I have used Cimo S-Wave cases on my last two phones. They were awesome, especially with the grippy pattern on the sides, but I'm ready for a change!

Good choice...Cimo isn't good at all, back matte finish is nice, but doesn't fit well. Sides are way too loose and buttons are horrible.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been happy with the Cruzerlite Bug Droid case. I was waiting on the Diztronic and caved to buy this one. It fits nice and tight, buttons are exposed and cutouts are all clean and in the right spot.

jamisdiablo

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I've had the clear vskin for a couple days and I think the buttons are very responsive on mine. In fact, so much so that I only have to press about 1/2 as hard as usual for them to work, kinda nice.

The PROBLEM for me with the case is that they put their honking logo on the back right over top of where my personal engraving or whatever you want to call it resides on the phone so it is no longer legible/viewable. I realize it's not the end of the world, but for this phone and the customization that is part of what makes it so great, this is a very poor oversight on manufacturers part.

The case is slim, will def help with scratches and maybe small drops but is in no way something that I think will help much in a sizeable drop of any kind, which is OK by me.

I am hoping the CaseMate naked tough case clear comes back in stock soon.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams