What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

Cam G

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Using the Navy Diztronic right now. Not sure if I am a fan of the protection it provides but I don't want to make the phone bulky. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it Navy or transparent to stay consistent with my Deep Sea Blue back

Ron Perkins

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Moto X Pure, bamboo/white. Need a case but I still want to see my beautiful wood and metal...this is one slippery phone, so afraid I am going to drop it! Any one get the Moto X Pure Edition Case, i-Blason [Scratch Resistant] Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case from Amazon or Moto X Pure Edition - VENA [RETAIN] Slim-Fit Hybrid Case with ShockProof Cornerguard Bumper + Clear Hard [Scratch Resistant] Back Cover for Motorola Moto X Pure Edition / Moto X Style - Clear (?)

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am digging the Diztronic matte TPU. It feels good, after the powdery stuff wears off in a few days and the buttons work well.
I have the Case-Mate Hula bumper. It's of good quality and the buttons work well, but the abrupt fall off, on the back, feels weird and I don't like it.
I also have the Incipio Octane-Translucent Smoke and the DualPro. I have not used them much, but both are good quality, fit well and the buttons work well. They are virtually the same size, so if you want a bit more protection, go for the Dualpro and don't worry about it being larger than the Octane. I got the direct from Incipio web site at about half of what amazon wants, because I chose cases for the Style, which is the same phone, with the European modem.

ETA: I've been using the Dualpro, today. It feels good. The back is soft touch matte.
The Octane has a hard back that is frosted, has decent texture and is not slippery at all.

ETA 2: I've been using the Case Mate Hula bumper the last couple weeks. While I still don't care for the abrupt fall off on the back of the phone, I like using it. The low profile makes it easier for pocket carry, but still provides decent edge protection and grip.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Moto X Pure, bamboo/white. Need a case but I still want to see my beautiful wood and metal...this is one slippery phone, so afraid I am going to drop it! Any one get the Moto X Pure Edition Case, i-Blason [Scratch Resistant] Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case from Amazon or Moto X Pure Edition - VENA [RETAIN] Slim-Fit Hybrid Case with ShockProof Cornerguard Bumper + Clear Hard [Scratch Resistant] Back Cover for Motorola Moto X Pure Edition / Moto X Style - Clear (?)
I got the i-Blason and had to send it back. It was way too small and didn't fit my device.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Still using the stock bumper since I can't find a bumper that goes with my Moto Maker combo.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I have been using the clear bumper case that came with my MXPE. After seeing what cases are available, I decided to try the cruzerlite clear bugdroid case. I am very happy with it so far. I like the look and the feel. The clear does allow some of the color of the phone to come through, it's more like a frosted color though. I always preferred a minimal case, especially with bigger phones. The choices of cases are not extensive, and I have previously enjoyed the seidio cases, however the seidio case for the MXPE covers up the dimple. I would recommend this case.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X Pure

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Seido case on the ShopAndroid Sale. The kickstand on the HTC Thunderbolt is something I have missed on both the Droid Maxx and the MXPE

Posted from my XT1575

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found a case I'm 100% sold on yet, but I got the Mr. Shield screen protectors and love them. Install was easy and I really like the matte finish - finger smudges are much less of an issue than the glossier ones, and you get less glare too. I definitely recommend these.

I can't post links yet, so search Amazon for "Mr Shield For Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Anti Glare Screen Protector"

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Tektide case yesterday. Should arrive on Monday via Amazon Prime. Can't beat the price.

I received this one yesterday. It's nice and grippy and the buttons work ok but I am concerned that the front lip doesn't seem to be raised enough to act as an effective bumper.

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
With your responses I went ahead for the bendable tekrite case from Amazon. shoudl be here early next week. So far I don't mind running the phone naked though.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Sedio kickstand case earlier today. It is more slender than the Incipio Dual Pro. The kickstand is not strong enough to hold the phone up vertical, but works horizontally. The dimple is covered, but I wasn't using that much with the Incipio anyway. The exterior of the case feels similar to the Dual Pro.

Posted from my XT1575

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power