02-15-2017 06:05 PM
489 123 ...
tools
    If you're not rocking the new Moto X Pure Edition naked, then you're probably considering your options for the perfect case. There are some great skins and hard cases up for grabs from JOTO and OtterBox worth checking out if you're on the hunt. We're interested in hearing if you're going slim or bulky, and what cases and covers you've taken a liking to!

UPDATE: We've compiled our top 10 best cases for Moto X Pure Edition that's definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for some protection.
    tmorisol and granne2970 like this.
    09-03-2015 11:04 AM
    If I get a case I'm gonna wait a week or two after release to see what's available. Not much now
    09-03-2015 11:08 AM
    It comes with a bumper case. I've used a bumper on my Maxx for two years. Works fine and minimal size difference. Doesn't cover up the goodies.
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...017973001a.pdf
    09-03-2015 11:21 AM
    Incipio has 3 cases on the site for the Pure. The Feather, DualPro and Octane.

I have used the Feather in the past and liked it.

Sent from my Moto X (2013)
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-03-2015 11:28 AM
    I emailed diztronic. Will report back if they respond.
    philosopherisdog likes this.
    09-03-2015 11:38 AM
    If someone see good case and glass screen protector.. Please post and link to buy too..thanks.
    09-03-2015 11:42 AM
    I will see if the bumper case is protective enough to satisfy me but if not I hope Spigen or another manufacturer comes out with a really good completely clear TPU case like this one I got for my M8, it cushions very well - not a scratch from a few drops. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4659456
    09-03-2015 01:02 PM
    Personally always look for a case with kickstand. Watch movies and TV on phone under my work CPU all day. Hard to find right now. Keeping eyes peeled. Ordered one for like 7 bucks off amazon for now. Moko is the maker of it. Only one I could find with kick stand for now. Hope Seidio makes one in near future.
    09-03-2015 04:23 PM
    For those of you who have had a bumper case on a previous phone, do you think it provides enough protection?

What about screen protectors? If you've had a glass screen protector, did you like it, and did it interfere at all with the touchscreen response on your phone?

I've only ever had the plastic adhesive screen protectors before. Would appreciate your input.
    09-03-2015 09:17 PM
    Incipio has 3 cases on the site for the Pure. The Feather, DualPro and Octane.

I have used the Feather in the past and liked it.

Sent from my Moto X (2013)
    I have the same cover for my Note 4, and I LOVE IT!
    09-03-2015 09:29 PM
    For those of you who have had a bumper case on a previous phone, do you think it provides enough protection?

What about screen protectors? If you've had a glass screen protector, did you like it, and did it interfere at all with the touchscreen response on your phone?

I've only ever had the plastic adhesive screen protectors before. Would appreciate your input.
    I have the IQ Shield glass screen protector on my Note 4 and it's fantastic! It doesn't affect the touch screen at all, offers excellent protection, wipes clean, and installs easily. It comes with a lifetime warranty, too. On Amazon for $7.00.
    RikkiRay and socal like this.
    09-03-2015 09:33 PM
    I e-mail spigen last night and asked them about Moto X pure case and I just got email this morning.

Bert Koon
    Subject:*New offline message [LC #4183151.NUM5V9Q7V9]

SEP 04, 2015 *|* 08:29AM PDT*
    Charlie*replied:

Thank you so much for contacting us and we appreciate your patience.
    I’ll be more than happy to assist you with your question.

Currently, we do not have any plans for the MOTO X Pure.

This is so bummer..
    09-04-2015 10:40 AM
    Diztronic's response:

I am sorry we do not have a date yet- but we are definitely working on it.
    Ry and co.ag.2005 like this.
    09-04-2015 10:44 AM
    Yeah, that stinks. I was hoping since it will work on all carriers that there would be better support for it than a Verizon droid or something.
    09-04-2015 10:46 AM
    I e-mail spigen last night and asked them about Moto X pure case and I just got email this morning.

Bert Koon
    Subject:*New offline message [LC #4183151.NUM5V9Q7V9]

SEP 04, 2015 *|* 08:29AM PDT*
    Charlie*replied:

Thank you so much for contacting us and we appreciate your patience.
    I’ll be more than happy to assist you with your question.

Currently, we do not have any plans for the MOTO X Pure.

This is so bummer..
    Dang it. Spigen makes good cases
    09-04-2015 11:11 AM
    Diztronic's response:
    I have used Diztronic cases on a couple of my smarthpones, probably over the course of 4 years total - never once have I damaged a phone from dropping while using one of their cases.
    Titan206 likes this.
    09-04-2015 12:23 PM
    I've never had a Seidio case but I've heard good things about them. Maybe they will. I do have a Speck case that's good. Maybe they will carry cases for the Pure.
    droidman2177 likes this.
    09-04-2015 12:24 PM
    Following this thread.
    I shudder to think how bulky it will turn out with a case on such a large phone.
    09-04-2015 01:42 PM
    Hopefully can get away with just a bumper and screen protector.
    travaz likes this.
    09-04-2015 01:59 PM
    Hopefully can get away with just a bumper and screen protector.
    Yeah I'm likely going to just rock the Motorola bumper and screen protector. Don't want to hide my beautiful phone with a case!
    09-04-2015 05:52 PM
    Following this thread.
    I shudder to think how bulky it will turn out with a case on such a large phone.
    That's what I'm afraid of. My Galaxy S6 went from nice and small to a huge beast with a Lifeproof case. I'm sure I could have gone thinner, but... At least this Moto X should be safe in rain without a case when I run.
    09-04-2015 05:55 PM

The bumper case i've used on my Maxx had been great. Minimal in size and a ridge around the front if it falls flat. I do use a flexible screen protector on my Maxx but nay not on the Pure. Just took it off my Maxx and it really looks better without it. I will try the bumper that comes with the Pure before deciding on a better one.
    RikkiRay likes this.
    09-05-2015 07:49 AM
    Since comes with a bumper case I will probably just use that. I got the insurance and if dropped on a hard surface from three feet or more, a case is not helping much anyway. Not unless one of those huge cases that I will not use.
    09-05-2015 02:47 PM
    Since comes with a bumber case I will probably just use that. I got the insurance and if dropped on a hard surface from three feet or more, a case is not helping much anyway. Not unless one of those huge cases that I will not use.
    Agree ... I refuse to hoy on huge cases.

Its like when Apple Fan boys moan about Android phones not looking as nice as iPhone or being as premium and then they whack on dirty big disgusting plastic cases on their phones ... Bravo !

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    jephanie, TommyZ23 and AustinTech like this.
    09-05-2015 04:08 PM
    The bumper case i've used on my Maxx had been great. Minimal in size and a ridge around the front if it falls flat. I do use a flexible screen protector on my Maxx but nay not on the Pure. Just took it off my Maxx and it really looks better without it. I will try the bumper that comes with the Pure before deciding on a better one.
    The bumper for the Maxx has been good. I wish the included bumper for the Pure was rubber/tpu rather than plastic apparently but I guess I shouldn't complain about an included freebie. But I will be looking for a rubber bumper. Also, for more protection if Seidio would actually come out with a case/holster for the Pure that would be great. I came across this clip case http://www.amazon.com/Niteize-Clip-S...cUvbUpU4665864 The dimensions listed are not correct, that is for the Medium size I believe.

It's no looker but it's supposed to have a very strong clip and I really don't know that I want to carry this phone in my pocket. Anyway, we'll see once I get it.
    09-06-2015 08:08 AM
489 123 ...