09-25-2015 07:03 AM
45 12
tools
    You're referring to review models sent to half a dozen "big sites" that didn't include AC?
    Phil is using the Mate S (per podcast) so he isn't using one.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Yeah. No one I would be interested in reading an android review from received a review unit. I like the verge and Engadget but trust other sources a lot more (like ac for one).
    09-11-2015 09:11 PM
    From the Editor's Desk: Wither summer http://www.androidcentral.com/editor...-wither-summer

I'll finally have a Moto X Pure Edition this week. Only real question marks are camera and battery life. We already know how the software will look and feel. Looking forward to using it, though.
    jephanie and The Harrington like this.
    09-13-2015 12:39 PM
    I am really disappointed by the coverage and bad reviews ac has given this great phone. Latinpost has the review that should have been written for this great 400 dollar phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    droidman2177 likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:16 AM
    09-17-2015 09:30 AM
    Hasn't AC's feedback on the phone been largely positive so far?

Russell has been on the forum and written a few things and unless I'm going crazy (it's entirely possible) it's been very positive.
    09-17-2015 10:28 AM
    I am really disappointed by the coverage and bad reviews ac has given this great phone. Latinpost has the review that should have been written for this great 400 dollar phone.

Let them take there time to write a proper review. I'm pretty sure the AC staff was in line with the rest of us to get their phones.

09-17-2015 10:45 AM
    From what I have seen in the past they take their time in reviewing a product. They don't want to be like other places and get the first review out.

I can't find the article but they wrote one about this.
    Ry likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:22 PM
    AC is bitter since their device is still Being Built
    jephanie likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:51 PM
    This.

Russell has just been playing with the Moto X Pure for a few days -- He said he is writing a review & going to do a camera comparison versus the other phones.

Give it time .
    09-17-2015 02:03 PM
    AC is bitter since their device is still Being Built
    Nope. They've got 'em.
    09-17-2015 02:11 PM
    Certainly don't mean to disappoint, but it may help if I fill you in a bit on what has happened so far.

The Moto X Pure Edition launch was a little strange for us. We didn't get the phone early like we usually do, but we still want to make sure we do a good job and get it all done right. To make that happen, we've actually got two people working on the Moto X Pure Edition right now. I'm handling all of the basics, making sure early adopters currently looking to buy the phone know what they need to know before making a purchase. Phil, who has a separate Moto X Pure Edition in his office, is working hard on the review. I suspect we'll be publishing that next week, but I can't be more specific than that because I honestly don't know yet.

If you're unhappy with some of my commentary so far, specifically what I said about the way the phone feels in my "Five things" post from yesterday, I can't do much about that. That's how I feel, and having had this conversation with other folks using the phone and comparing it to the other things we've been using recently, I can tell you I am far from alone. Our review will be what they always are, exactly what we think Moto is doing well and not so well.
    Ry, Almeuit, RikkiRay and 4 others like this.
    09-17-2015 02:13 PM
    Just tell me what I want to hear! That my phone shipped and it's the greatest phone that has ever been and ever will be built! Is that too much to ask?

Thanks for the insights and early thoughts on the phone.
    Aquila and droidman2177 like this.
    09-17-2015 02:23 PM
    Certainly don't mean to disappoint, but it may help if I fill you in a bit on what has happened so far.

The Moto X Pure Edition launch was a little strange for us. We didn't get the phone early like we usually do, but we still want to make sure we do a good job and get it all done right. To make that happen, we've actually got two people working on the Moto X Pure Edition right now. I'm handling all of the basics, making sure early adopters currently looking to buy the phone know what they need to know before making a purchase. Phil, who has a separate Moto X Pure Edition in his office, is working hard on the review. I suspect we'll be publishing that next week, but I can't be more specific than that because I honestly don't know yet.

If you're unhappy with some of my commentary so far, specifically what I said about the way the phone feels in my "Five things" post from yesterday, I can't do much about that. That's how I feel, and having had this conversation with other folks using the phone and comparing it to the other things we've been using recently, I can tell you I am far from alone. Our review will be what they always are, exactly what we think Moto is doing well and not so well.
    Even though it doesn't really count, I think there are 4 or 5 on the mod/ambassador team that have them too - trying to keep this forum informed.
    Almeuit and trenchkato like this.
    09-17-2015 02:25 PM

Even though it doesn't really count, I think there are 4 or 5 on the mod/ambassador team that have them too - trying to keep this forum informed.
    Yep . I will list off who got this phone below.

ME!!!
    Ry
    Assassin Droid
    Laura Knotek
    davidnc
    Raptor007 - Maybe still
    09-17-2015 02:34 PM
    In five things to know article I was surprised at the lacks premium feel section. I went the walnut and it feels premium compared to my freshly retired Galaxy Note 2. Which is mostly plastic. MXPE doesn't feel plastic to me. I will have to visit a Best Buy to compare mine to the models they are selling.

09-17-2015 04:45 PM
    Nope. They've got 'em.
    Figured as much
    09-17-2015 04:53 PM
    Personal preference on the build comments by AC. Some folks equate smooth glass as quality and others see it is a slippery crack magnet that makes no sense for a mobile phone.
    On2Vegas and ScottMGS like this.
    09-17-2015 04:56 PM
    Here we go. Moto X Pure Edition review | Android Central
    09-24-2015 07:03 PM
    Thanks to Phil, Russell and the rest of the staff for sharing their thoughts. The 4K video in the review tends toward the don't miss end of the scale. But then the street performances are a favorite of mine when visiting New Orleans.
    09-24-2015 08:48 PM
    U cant review a phone from a one day use or even a few days use..
    09-25-2015 07:03 AM
45 12