Where is Android Central's Moto X Pure Edition review?

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android Central MXP review?!

Other android sites have barely gotten their units the last couple days. Assuming the same for AC, I wouldn't expect a review till late next week at the earliest.

Posted via the Android Central App

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I like that they actually use the phone for awhile but thought it was strange they made zero mention on the podcast. It's kind of a big release! Got mine Thursday from amazon, like it so far.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

They kind of got snubbed by moto (along with all the other Android sites). I'm sure they'll take their time and do a thorough review though.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

You're referring to review models sent to half a dozen "big sites" that didn't include AC?
Phil is using the Mate S (per podcast) so he isn't using one.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

You're referring to review models sent to half a dozen "big sites" that didn't include AC?
Phil is using the Mate S (per podcast) so he isn't using one.

Yeah. No one I would be interested in reading an android review from received a review unit. I like the verge and Engadget but trust other sources a lot more (like ac for one).

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
disappointed with ac coverage of the Moto X Pure

I am really disappointed by the coverage and bad reviews ac has given this great phone. Latinpost has the review that should have been written for this great 400 dollar phone.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: disappointed with ac coverage of the pure

Hasn't AC's feedback on the phone been largely positive so far?

Russell has been on the forum and written a few things and unless I'm going crazy (it's entirely possible) it's been very positive.

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: disappointed with ac coverage of the Moto X Pure

I am really disappointed by the coverage and bad reviews ac has given this great phone. Latinpost has the review that should have been written for this great 400 dollar phone.

Let them take there time to write a proper review. I'm pretty sure the AC staff was in line with the rest of us to get their phones.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: disappointed with ac coverage of the Moto X Pure

From what I have seen in the past they take their time in reviewing a product. They don't want to be like other places and get the first review out.

I can't find the article but they wrote one about this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This.

Russell has just been playing with the Moto X Pure for a few days -- He said he is writing a review & going to do a camera comparison versus the other phones.

Give it time :).

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Certainly don't mean to disappoint, but it may help if I fill you in a bit on what has happened so far.

The Moto X Pure Edition launch was a little strange for us. We didn't get the phone early like we usually do, but we still want to make sure we do a good job and get it all done right. To make that happen, we've actually got two people working on the Moto X Pure Edition right now. I'm handling all of the basics, making sure early adopters currently looking to buy the phone know what they need to know before making a purchase. Phil, who has a separate Moto X Pure Edition in his office, is working hard on the review. I suspect we'll be publishing that next week, but I can't be more specific than that because I honestly don't know yet.

If you're unhappy with some of my commentary so far, specifically what I said about the way the phone feels in my "Five things" post from yesterday, I can't do much about that. That's how I feel, and having had this conversation with other folks using the phone and comparing it to the other things we've been using recently, I can tell you I am far from alone. Our review will be what they always are, exactly what we think Moto is doing well and not so well.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Just tell me what I want to hear! That my phone shipped and it's the greatest phone that has ever been and ever will be built! Is that too much to ask?

Thanks for the insights and early thoughts on the phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Certainly don't mean to disappoint, but it may help if I fill you in a bit on what has happened so far.

The Moto X Pure Edition launch was a little strange for us. We didn't get the phone early like we usually do, but we still want to make sure we do a good job and get it all done right. To make that happen, we've actually got two people working on the Moto X Pure Edition right now. I'm handling all of the basics, making sure early adopters currently looking to buy the phone know what they need to know before making a purchase. Phil, who has a separate Moto X Pure Edition in his office, is working hard on the review. I suspect we'll be publishing that next week, but I can't be more specific than that because I honestly don't know yet.

If you're unhappy with some of my commentary so far, specifically what I said about the way the phone feels in my "Five things" post from yesterday, I can't do much about that. That's how I feel, and having had this conversation with other folks using the phone and comparing it to the other things we've been using recently, I can tell you I am far from alone. Our review will be what they always are, exactly what we think Moto is doing well and not so well.

Even though it doesn't really count, I think there are 4 or 5 on the mod/ambassador team that have them too - trying to keep this forum informed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Even though it doesn't really count, I think there are 4 or 5 on the mod/ambassador team that have them too - trying to keep this forum informed.

Yep :). I will list off who got this phone below.

ME!!!
Ry
Assassin Droid
Laura Knotek
davidnc
Raptor007 - Maybe still

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In five things to know article I was surprised at the lacks premium feel section. I went the walnut and it feels premium compared to my freshly retired Galaxy Note 2. Which is mostly plastic. MXPE doesn't feel plastic to me. I will have to visit a Best Buy to compare mine to the models they are selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty