09-09-2015 07:58 AM
41 12
tools
    I'm coming from an iPhone 6 and note 5. Price really isn't an issue but I got bored of ios and I can't take the stutters of touchwiz.

I really like the stock Android experience and the moto features like touchless voice controls really got me interested.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
    I wish I could order this phone but as I am in the UK I can't yet!

I do agree with you re ios as for me iPhones just hold no interest for me I find them so dull compared to Android phones and Samsung with TW hold no interest either, I haven't had a near pure Android experience so the Motorola will be my first experience so fingers crossed I like it but that battery with that screen does worry me somewhat
    09-06-2015 12:53 PM
    I wish I could order this phone but as I am in the UK I can't yet!

I do agree with you re ios as for me iPhones just hold no interest for me I find them so dull compared to Android phones and Samsung with TW hold no interest either, I haven't had a near pure Android experience so the Motorola will be my first experience so fingers crossed I like it but that battery with that screen does worry me somewhat
    Yea I feel for you. I like the smoothness of ios but got bored of the rigidity of the platform. Their 3rd party keyboard integration is still horrendous. Also siri has to connect to their network which I hate.

Hope the UK gets the style soon.

09-06-2015 01:08 PM
    Yea I feel for you. I like the smoothness of ios but got bored of the rigidity of the platform. Their 3rd party keyboard integration is still horrendous. Also siri has to connect to their network which I hate.

Hope the UK gets the style soon.

Thanks we will get it soon have you ordered yours and if so what colours?
    09-06-2015 01:09 PM
    Simple. I LIKE IT! And for all the reasons mentioned above.
    09-06-2015 01:16 PM
    1. Micro SD card support: that's my number one reason. I don't want to ever worry about space.
    2. The close to stock Android: I have always hated having the bloatware on phones that I will never use and taking up to
    much room and using up to much memory.
    3. Motorola: I always loved their phones. It was my first Android and I loved it. Since the last couple of years that they didn't support the SD card. I had to look else where.
    4. No carrier b.s.: I'm with T-Mobile so I never got an update on time or the having to wait till it was accepted by the carrier.
    5. Promise of quicker updates.
    09-06-2015 02:12 PM
    I like my Nexus 6 but missed some of the custom Moto only features that were on the Moto X.

I figured the Moto Pure should offer a Nexus-like experience and be a continuation of the Nexus 6 experience with the added benefit of Moto specific features.

I also got it because, like the Nexus 6, it supports all carriers and is unlocked.

The fact that it could also be designed and customized and easily bootloader unlocked was the tipping point.
    All of this, plus the fact that it's a little narrower than the Nexus 6.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-06-2015 04:47 PM
    A lot of people are listing software as their reason and I'm hesitant to agree with them. Lenovo completely axed the original software team that made the X series what it is, which puts future updates and what they'll contain into question. Of course we can speculate that they won't mess with a good thing, but it's anyone's guess now.
    09-06-2015 06:39 PM
    Loved my 2013 Moto X except for the camera, adore my 2014 Moto X except for the camera, and know I'll treasure the 2015 Moto X with fingers-crossed-here's-hoping promise of an improved camera. I can't imagine going back to a phone without Moto Display and the price is right for the PE (I actually paid more for my 2014 Moto X). Battery life on both previous X's has been great for me, and I have never ever been disappointed with reception. I get great reception at home and at work, when others around me have problems regardless of carrier. Each Moto X has been an improvement over the preceding model, so I know I won't be disappointed. So for me the question is how could I NOT order it?
    ^ this. Totally.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    09-06-2015 07:44 PM
    A lot of people are listing software as their reason and I'm hesitant to agree with them. Lenovo completely axed the original software team that made the X series what it is, which puts future updates and what they'll contain into question. Of course we can speculate that they won't mess with a good thing, but it's anyone's guess now.
    As long as the Motorola leadership is still calling the shots, which they still seem to be, it'll still be Moto. You can bring in a whole swatch of new software engineers but they don't have the ability to do whatever they want. If Motorola Mobility says stick to stock and work on the current Moto apps then that is what the Lenovo engineers will do. Motorola leadership has said Lenovo has been fairly hands off and I don't think that would change now. There were duplicate positions and the parent company favored they're own people and let the Moto people go; a fairly common thing in the business world.

Moto and Lenovo both know the bread and butter for Moto phones is low price, stock Android with fast updates and carrier freedom. Without those three things they are just making another random Android phone that doesn't stand out. I'm willing to bet Motorola is still very much Motorola.
    jephanie, ewak12321 and dmark44 like this.
    09-06-2015 07:46 PM
    Stock android and I like moto hardware, moto support, and moto as a company. Apprehensive about their future but am hoping for more of the same.
    09-06-2015 08:04 PM
    Stock android and I like moto hardware, moto support, and moto as a company. Apprehensive about their future but am hoping for more of the same.
    I'm also a bit apprehensive, but I have heard that Lenovo is going to solely use the Motorola name for phones in the future - so I'm hopeful that means that they aren't going to gut Moto and just slap a Moto logo on Lenovo phones.
    09-06-2015 09:38 PM
    My reasons for purchase are like those already posted. While the price is good I still ended up spending about $560.

I was going to wait for the reviews from my favorite sites, but ordered anyway. Should something horrible be disclosed or discovered through reviews I'll still have a month from the order date to return it. ( Ordered on the second with a estimated delivery on the 17th. So, pretty much until the first of October ) I am very confident that I'll be beyond happy with the device.
    09-08-2015 07:09 AM
    I've missed my Moto X 2013 since the day I picked up my LG G3. I thought about going back to a 2013 due to the sheer size of the pure. But the 3 reasons I pulled the trigger were 1) direct updates from Motorola coupled with the solid feel of previous X iterations 2) the moto features that the 2015 has that the 2013 won't get like chop flashlight and some new moto display features 3) Moto Maker since US Cellular hasn't had it before.

I'm still apprehensive about the size as I SWORE that the G3 was at my max but hey, it's a Moto X. And I'm sure after a couple weeks you won't be able to pry it outa my hands.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-08-2015 02:55 PM
    Had the Note 3 and now have the Note 4 and they are nice powerful devices out of the box but because the updates come soooo sllllooooww from Samsung and then the carriers (AT&T) when you get a bad/buggy update you have to wait forever to get the next one. My Note 4 with 5.0.1 is so laggy it isn't funny. I also have a Moto e that I use when I need a small phone (coaching sports) and it has the latest android and is still snappy. So my main reason for getting the Moto X from Motorola is fast updates...nearly stock android...no carrier bloatware...great price...I am going to miss the awesome amoled screen though from Sammy.
    09-08-2015 03:47 PM
    I hated my first droid on Verizon but when I switched to the second gen moto X last year it quickly became my favorite phone I've ever had minus the camera. Camera upgrade for this one was enough to guarantee I bought it. Hoping the pure is my new favorite phone ever

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-09-2015 07:53 AM
    More the reason to go with no frills straight Android That is my only positive spin though. Nvidia has proven you can take straight Android and screw it up immensely with horribly poor firmware with their Android devices.
    09-09-2015 07:58 AM
41 12