Just had a quick question that I was hoping someone with more technical knowledge may be able to answer.

The wallpapers on the home screens are chosen by default based on chosen color combinations.
    Theoretically, would it be difficult to get a dump of all the different wallpaper combinations so that the end user could customize those as well? I am guessing it would be relatively easy?

My second questions concerns the option to choose a customized greeting when the phone boots up. I didn't do this because I was thinking about resale and also didn't know how permanent it would be. I didn't want it to say something that I would quickly get tired of.

However, assuming the bootloader is unlocked and the phone is rooted, is the greeting something that should be able to be added or modified at a later date?

I am hoping the answer is YES, but I didn't know if something like this would be buried deep in the internal code and difficult to modify.
    09-04-2015 05:32 PM
    Just had a quick question that I was hoping someone with more technical knowledge may be able to answer.

The wallpapers on the home screens are chosen by default based on chosen color combinations.
    Theoretically, would it be difficult to get a dump of all the different wallpaper combinations so that the end user could customize those as well? I am guessing it would be relatively easy?

My second questions concerns the option to choose a customized greeting when the phone boots up. I didn't do this because I was thinking about resale and also didn't know how permanent it would be. I didn't want it to say something that I would quickly get tired of.

However, assuming the bootloader is unlocked and the phone is rooted, is the greeting something that should be able to be added or modified at a later date?

I am hoping the answer is YES, but I didn't know if something like this would be buried deep in the internal code and difficult to modify.
    I don't think you can add or change the boot greeting but there is the option to remove it in the settings menu.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    diesteldorf and ewak12321 like this.
    09-04-2015 05:43 PM
    Thanks. I thought it may be difficult to change. It isn't a big deal to me either way, but it would be neat to have a different greeting depending on the time of year or where I happened to be traveling to.

I know there are certain parts of code that are not accessible and/or unavailable to even root users.

There was a post over at XDA from someone that thought that by flashing a custom rom they could automatically remove the AT&T lock and start using it with TMO. Obviously, it doesn't work like that.
    09-04-2015 06:39 PM