Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External/Car chargers for Moto X

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External chargers for Moto X

Wish I would have found the deal earlier. Is there a mega-thread - monthly thread for deals on the AC forums?

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Turbo charge compatible battery pack

Are there any out there specifically labeled for Motorola turbo charging? Didn't see anything really labeled that way on Amazon.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

[Qualcomm Certified] Anker PowerPort+ 1 (Quick Charge 2.0 and PowerIQ Technology 2-in-1 Premium 18W USB Wall Charger) for Galaxy S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG G4, HTC One M8 / M9, Nexus 6 and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01302K2W...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4703795

Posted via the Android Central App

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

This is the one I got. I didn't snag the one w/ dual QC ports since the gf has an iPhone.

http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Cert...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4703871

Just bought that one and tried it today. Works great. For testing purposes for everybody, to see if it's "turbo" charging. If you're under %50 battery, you should be getting about 2% / min of charging. A regular charger will give you about 1% / 2 mins.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just bought that one and tried it today. Works great. For testing purposes for everybody, to see if it's "turbo" charging. If you're under %50 battery, you should be getting about 2% / min of charging. A regular charger will give you about 1% / 2 mins.

Yep. It goes so fast with that charger -- Can't even tell it is a car one ^_^.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Just got this for my QC external. Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10000mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger for Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and more(20W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, 2.4A for Android, 2.0A for Apple, Quick Charge Input and Output)-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011U0AY2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4745908

Interested to hear if it works, the Anker one doesn't if the phone is below 60%ish

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Interested to hear if it works, the Anker one doesn't if the phone is below 60%ish

I'll run the phone down but it seems to be working just fine.

9NJBtlD.png

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah run it down some more, the Anker shows turbo and charges if my phone is 70% ish like that.

Yours or all?

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Yours or all?

All of the model I have. Thanks for the feedback on yours, I'll probably buy after returning this one.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

The Samsung fast charger seems a better extra charger solution than the out of box one . It charges in quick charge mode and within 15 minutes of the Moto charger. Costs much less, less heat and in two pieces instead of one. 15 minutes longer is an okay trade off IMO.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

The Samsung fast charger seems a better extra charger solution than the out of box one . It charges in quick charge mode and within 15 minutes of the Moto charger. Costs much less, less heat and in two pieces instead of one. 15 minutes longer is an okay trade off IMO.

I believe the Moto one is one piece due to the AWG of the wire. They were probably concerned people would plug in any old USB cable and then it would not charge fast.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Costs much less? Samsung (Note 5) and Motorola (Moto X Pure Edition) both include it with their phones.

Why is the Samsung fast charger a better solution?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I believe the Moto one is one piece due to the AWG of the wire. They were probably concerned people would plug in any old USB cable and then it would not charge fast.

It's also a step up from the TurboPower 15 that ships with the Nexus 6.

(I think the TurboPower 15 has the same specs as Samsung's Adaptive Fast Charging Wall Charger)

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

It's also a step up from the TurboPower 15 that ships with the Nexus 6.

(I think the TurboPower 15 has the same specs as Samsung's Adaptive Fast Charging Wall Charger)

Exactly this is a 25W compared to the 15W charger.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Costs much less? Samsung (Note 5) and Motorola (Moto X Pure Edition) both include it with their phones.

Why is the Samsung fast charger a better solution?

Said better "extra" charger ;) I listed why in the post too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol