Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External/Car chargers for Moto X

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: TurboPower versus Quick Charge 2.0

I have used the quick charge on my Droid Turbo since I got it. Battery life has not degraded. Link to Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 FAQs:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge/faq

This is the section on battery life. :
Q4: Can Quick Charge hurt my smartphone's battery?

A: Quick Charge operates within the design parameters of batteries found in most smartphones. It is just charging the battery the way it is designed to be charged.

Device manufacturers build smartphones with a specific battery that can accept a specific level of charge. The battery size and maximum current of each battery are design decisions made by the manufacturer and can vary from smartphone to smartphone, tablet to tablet and so on.

However, traditional battery charging technology does not come close to the full power requirements of today's large batteries. Quick Charge 2.0 is designed to allow device manufacturers to achieve the full rated capability of the batteries they choose while still meeting the performance and safety standards set by the battery manufacturer.

From Motorola's Site:
Charge fast. Over and over.

Turbo charge your smartphones and tablets without decreasing your battery’s lifespan thanks to its optimized battery charging algorithm.

Last edited:

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Turbo charge compatible battery pack

Are there any out there specifically labeled for Motorola turbo charging? Didn't see anything really labeled that way on Amazon.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Turbo charge is the same as quick charge 2.0. I own a quick charge battery pack and it works well on my x2. There are several on amazon.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I have used the quick charge on my Droid Turbo since I got it. Battery life has not degraded. Link to Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 FAQs:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge/faq

This is the section on battery life. :
Q4: Can Quick Charge hurt my smartphone's battery?

A: Quick Charge operates within the design parameters of batteries found in most smartphones. It is just charging the battery the way it is designed to be charged.

Device manufacturers build smartphones with a specific battery that can accept a specific level of charge. The battery size and maximum current of each battery are design decisions made by the manufacturer and can vary from smartphone to smartphone, tablet to tablet and so on.

However, traditional battery charging technology does not come close to the full power requirements of today's large batteries. Quick Charge 2.0 is designed to allow device manufacturers to achieve the full rated capability of the batteries they choose while still meeting the performance and safety standards set by the battery manufacturer.

From Motorola's Site:
Charge fast. Over and over.

Turbo charge your smartphones and tablets without decreasing your battery’s lifespan thanks to its optimized battery charging algorithm.

So after the comments on this post saying quick charging degrades the life of the phone battery now it seems quick charging won't degrade the battery!

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Not sure how this double post happened. Using Tapatalk. Weird.

You can turn it off on the Note 4.- Best to just use the feature when you need it IMO.

Added: Moto tries to mitigate the battery issue by charging fast and then slowing down.

That's not Moto, that's how the QuickCharge standard works.

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Other chargers besides turbocharger???

So if I have a basic car charger and rechargeable battery pack but they are not turbo chargers will that affect the battery on the new moto x if I'm forced to use them often?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Other chargers besides turbocharger???

Any quality charger can be used. They will not negatively affect the phone

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: turbo charge question

Any quick charge 2.0 compatible charger will work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: turbo charge question

No. But apparently the included charger charges somewhat faster than a regular quick charge 2.0 charger. So depending on what you consider turbo charging, then the answer might be yes. :)

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External chargers for Moto X

Correct. Usually it's a pretty slow charge from a computer I believe.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Not sure any Quick Charge will work ...
I have a
[Qualcomm Certified] Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10400mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Charge Input and Output) - Silver
And on my Droid Turbo it works fine. On my 2015 Moto X Pure edition I Plug it in and it shuts off after 10 seconds.
My it be because it is only 16,2w?
Going to write Aukey but not so smart with electric currents and such.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Not sure any Quick Charge will work ...
I have a
[Qualcomm Certified] Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10400mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Charge Input and Output) - Silver
And on my Droid Turbo it works fine. On my 2015 Moto X Pure edition I Plug it in and it shuts off after 10 seconds.
My it be because it is only 16,2w?
Going to write Aukey but not so smart with electric currents and such.

I'm having the same problem with my Aukey charger. I wonder why.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

I have a response from Aukey about my Amazon purchased [Qualcomm Certified] Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10400mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Charge Input and Output) - Silver
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for contacting us.

Because we have no this phone to have a test, and we can not figure out if this phone is incompatible with this item. So we can only give you a full refund for this item. We are afraid a replacement can not solve this problem..So please feel free to tell us if it is acceptable to you.

Waiting for your reply.

Lyn

Im wondering if I should ask for the black one with the specs of 20W/5V 9V 12V

http://smile.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Ce..._13?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1442496493&sr=1-13

or just get the refund?
anyone think the black one with the more watts will work?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad