Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External/Car chargers for Moto X

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External chargers for Moto X

I have a response from Aukey about my Amazon purchased [Qualcomm Certified] Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10400mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Charge Input and Output) - Silver
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for contacting us.

Because we have no this phone to have a test, and we can not figure out if this phone is incompatible with this item. So we can only give you a full refund for this item. We are afraid a replacement can not solve this problem..So please feel free to tell us if it is acceptable to you.

Waiting for your reply.

Lyn

Im wondering if I should ask for the black one with the specs of 20W/5V 9V 12V

http://smile.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Ce..._13?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1442496493&sr=1-13

or just get the refund?
anyone think the black one with the more watts will work?

I have that charger but my phone won't be in hand until tomorrow. I will test it out this weekend and let you know how it goes.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes please.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Found a Quick charge 2.0 adapter available on amazon..

[Qualcomm Certified] Anker PowerPort+ 1 (Quick Charge 2.0 and PowerIQ Technology 2-in-1 Premium 18W USB Wall Charger) for Galaxy S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG G4, HTC One M8 / M9, Nexus 6 and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01302K2W...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4692241

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

TurboPower/Quick Charge is life changing.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Its probably sad but I am really looking forward to this lol. Never thought charging a phone would be exciting haha.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I was at pool tournament today .. I went out to the car to charge and went from 30% to 70% with a QC 2.0 Car Charger. I really love that lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Its probably sad but I am really looking forward to this lol. Never thought charging a phone would be exciting haha.

Please stop me from buying all of the quick chargers.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I was at pool tournament today .. I went out to the car to charge and went from 30% to 70% with a QC 2.0 Car Charger. I really love that lol.

That's awesome.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

USB Wall Charger,Tronsmart Quick Charge 2.0 42W 3 Ports Wall Travel Charger with Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 2.0 Technology for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus/S6,Note 5/Nexus 6/ Sony Xperia Z5,Z4/ HTC One M9,One M8/ Asus Zenfone 2/ZTE Axon Pro (Included a 6ft 20AWG Micro USB Cord Cable) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZORW23...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4695774

$11.99 with code JANQXRAX

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Please stop me from buying all of the quick chargers.
Haha, yeah I think I need a minimum of three quick chargers. One for home, one for work and one for the car :)

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Yes please.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

So used it a few times for short bursts and every time the phone did say Turbo Charging was working. The one time that I timed it I was at 62% and plugged it in the charger and it took 45 minutes to get to 100%. Not sure if this a good time or not??? During that time I did not use the phone except to see the status of the charge as it got close to 100%. Also, phone did not get warm at all during this time.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

So used it a few times for short bursts and every time the phone did say Turbo Charging was working. The one time that I timed it I was at 62% and plugged it in the charger and it took 45 minutes to get to 100%. Not sure if this a good time or not??? During that time I did not use the phone except to see the status of the charge as it got close to 100%. Also, phone did not get warm at all during this time.

From what I've read, the quick charger works faster if the battery is nearly depleted. Once the battery gets to a certain point, the charging slows down. Meaning if your at 10 percent, quick charging would be fast than say you are at 60 percent and want to top off.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

USB Wall Charger,Tronsmart Quick Charge 2.0 42W 3 Ports Wall Travel Charger with Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 2.0 Technology for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus/S6,Note 5/Nexus 6/ Sony Xperia Z5,Z4/ HTC One M9,One M8/ Asus Zenfone 2/ZTE Axon Pro (Included a 6ft 20AWG Micro USB Cord Cable) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZORW23...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4696859

Thanks - ordered one.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

From what I've read, the quick charger works faster if the battery is nearly depleted. Once the battery gets to a certain point, the charging slows down. Meaning if your at 10 percent, quick charging would be fast than say you are at 60 percent and want to top off.

That makes sense because it sure seemed slower towards the end.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

i need one for the office, one more for the house and a backup for the car...cant decide which to get tho

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

USB Wall Charger,Tronsmart Quick Charge 2.0 42W 3 Ports Wall Travel Charger with Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 2.0 Technology for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus/S6,Note 5/Nexus 6/ Sony Xperia Z5,Z4/ HTC One M9,One M8/ Asus Zenfone 2/ZTE Axon Pro (Included a 6ft 20AWG Micro USB Cord Cable) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZORW23...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4697964

ended up ordering a couple of these, thanks.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Have you a link for that?

Sent from my XT1575 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

On Lightning Sale at Amazon for another 3 hours:
[Qualcomm Certified]Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 54W 5 Ports USB Desktop Charging Station Wall Charger

This is the 5-port, (one being QC,) Altoids-tin-sized model. Down by 8 to 22.

I can say -- this thing is great. I use it to charge my bluetooth headset, the gf's iPhone / iPad, extra battery packs, and then finally ... the QC 2.0 port for my Moto X :cool:.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37