Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External/Car chargers for Moto X

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: X pure car charger?

I am using the Verizon QC 2.0 charger. I get a 25% accessory discount with VZW. Works well, and has an LED "flashlight" on the plug end, which is good at night for getting the orientation right.

Posted from my XT1575

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I have used a Motorola charger for the past several years and works great with all phones so far. It has a blue light on it with the Moto emblem in a circle. One piece unit.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I am using the Verizon QC 2.0 charger. I get a 25% accessory discount with VZW. Works well, and has an LED "flashlight" on the plug end, which is good at night for getting the orientation right.

Posted from my XT1575

I have the exact same charger. I have no complaints about it at all. I just need to get it out of my girlfriend's car.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I use my phone as a GPS in the car for traffic, maps, ect.... Problem is, with the vehicle charger/wire combination, the GPS drains the batter faster than the car plug can charge it, so, when I exit the car, my battery is almost drained. Does anyone know of or use a car charger that charges the X pure faster than the GPS can drain it? I know I can dim the screen, turn off other apps and all that good stuff, but i am looking for a good, powerful car charger rather than having to adjust my phone every time I use the GPS.

I use this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4759757

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

This may be a really dumb question but bear with me as I have been over to the dark side for almost 2 years with an iphone.

If I get the dual quickcharge model can I still charge regular devices using one of the ports? I'm guessing the device itself will only accept the charge necessary for it? I'm asking because the wife plans on getting a pure later on and both ports will come in handy.

If you get http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4759985 and you have two Moto X Pure Editions, only one will charge with Quick Charge.

If you're certain your wife is getting a Moto X Pure Edition (or other Quick Charge 2.0 compatible phone - not the Nexus 5X or 6P), you may want to get a model that supports Quick Charge 2.0 on every port.

If you plug in a non-Quick Charge device to a Quick Charge port, it'll just work as a normal charger.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Working/Best external battery pack/bank

I bought the Anker PowerCore+ 10050 and it worked fine for the first charge, but every since it will only charge for like a minute and when the screen turns off it will stop charging. I bought it on 9/28 and I just checked and saw that Anker answered an Amazon question and said there is a known issue even though the product says it supports the Moto X 2015. I just emailed them to check to see what i should do now. Its a nice product if it would work, crazy small and feels premium with the materials. So definitely do now buy for the Moto X Pure until they fix whatever the issue could be. It has quick-charge 2.0 as a feature btw.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Anker PowerCore+ 10050 and it worked fine for the first charge, but every since it will only charge for like a minute and when the screen turns off it will stop charging. I bought it on 9/28 and I just checked and saw that Anker answered an Amazon question and said there is a known issue even though the product says it supports the Moto X 2015. I just emailed them to check to see what i should do now. Its a nice product if it would work, crazy small and feels premium with the materials. So definitely do now buy for the Moto X Pure until they fix whatever the issue could be. It has quick-charge 2.0 as a feature btw.

I just returned mine too. Only charges the phone if the phone battery is above 60% or so when you plug it in.

I've been trying to warn people on here but hard to get everyone. I found out while I was on the vacation I bought it for. Shame, cause I really like Anker.

Posted via the Android Central App

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I just looked at the specs for that one on Amazon and it says Moto X Pure is "not supported."

It works -- It will say "Turbo Charger Connected". I can verify what Ry said (above) since I have it in my gf's car and it works great for me.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I bought a few Quick Charge 2.0 accessories. Here's a list of what I've personally tested.

Test Case: Quick Charge 2.0 Verification

Test Steps:
1. Drain battery to less than 50%.
2. Plug in Quick Charge 2.0 charger.
3. Open Ampere.
AND
4. Notice Pop-Up Message.

Expected Result/Pass Criteria:
Pop Up: "Turbo Power Connected" message.
In Ampere: Charge Rate = Turbo

Test Notes: Used YouTube and brightness high to drain the battery above 50% to below 50% in-between testing each product.

Product Results:

Aukey PB-T4 Quick Charge 2.0 Portable Charger (Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10000mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger)
Test Configuration: Battery reported as 40%.
Test Status: PASSED

Aukey PA-T1 Quick ChargeTM 2.0 Wall Charge (Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 54W 5 Ports USB Desktop Charging Station Wall Charger)
Test Configuration: Battery reported as 48%.

Omaker Quick Charge 2.0 Dual USB Ports Portable Wall Charger
Test Configuration: Battery reported as 49%.

Aukey CC-T1 Quick Charge 2.0 Car Charger (Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 30W 2 Ports USB Car Charger Adapter)

Tronsmart TS-WC3PC Desktop Wall Charger (USB Wall Charger,Tronsmart Quick Charge 2.0 42W 3 Ports Turbo Wall Travel Charger)