11-28-2015 12:44 PM
68 123
tools
    There seem to be several tempered glass protectors available on Amazon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ya I've seen those as well, $7-$10. I picked up one so I can have when it gets here.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-07-2015 09:12 AM
    I went with the soft touch back as grip is my main concern. While I love the look of the iPhone 6, I hate how slippery it is.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-07-2015 10:49 AM
    I'm hoping there will be a decent fitting tempered glass screen protector for this phone, since I never did find one for my 2014 Moto X that I could tolerate for long. I finally gave up. The screen has still held up fine (I'm careful with my phones) but I love me some tempered glass.
    I could not stand the Tempered Glass screen protector that I put on my IPad. I recently switched to a Power Support brand screen protector, same as I use on my 2013 Moto X and am much happier! Those are easy to apply and feel almost the same as touching glass!

The Tempered glass was too thick and did not go on cleanly. There were two "smudge" lines that spanned from top to bottom that I could see mostly when the screen was off. Annoyed the heck out of me.
    09-07-2015 11:11 AM
    I didn't go with leather or wood... I would have loved to but I go and play league at a pool hall every week and they're allowed to smoke in there. So therefore it would soak in the smoke smell which would drive me insane.
    jdk606o and dmark44 like this.
    09-07-2015 12:10 PM
    Curious to hear if the soft grip is difficult to slide in and out of pockets. I have a blue leather 2014 that still looks amazing but I'm considering about the soft grip just to mix it up, as the wood backs seem to leave a bit to be desired.

09-07-2015 12:49 PM
    Curious to hear if the soft grip is difficult to slide in and out of pockets. I have a blue leather 2014 that still looks amazing but I'm considering about the soft grip just to mix it up, as the wood backs seem to leave a bit to be desired.

When I get my device, I'll be sure to post back to this thread for you.

Lunkman23 likes this.
    09-07-2015 12:51 PM
    First X was a soft back, second X was leather. Loved both. Tough decision this time, but I think I'm going back to the soft back. I love the look of the deep blue sea back against the gold trim. That, and I won't worry as much as I do now about scratching or getting my leather dirty.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-07-2015 02:39 PM

When I get my device, I'll be sure to post back to this thread for you.

Likewise for me. I'll post back .
    Lunkman23 likes this.
    09-07-2015 02:43 PM
    I have an ash wood and slate grey on the way to see which I like better. I'll also throw in my two cents.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-07-2015 03:00 PM

That is an excellent question which I had not considered.

Lunkman23 likes this.
    09-07-2015 03:05 PM

I doubt it will be, Motorola has nailed the soft touch back so that lint doesn't stick to it. Or at least... I'm hoping that's the case ;D
    09-07-2015 03:09 PM
    There seem to be several tempered glass protectors available on Amazon.

That's good to know. I was wondering where I could get one. I have used XTremeGuard in the past for my Nexus 5.
    09-08-2015 08:53 AM
    I really wish they wouldn't have used saffiano leather. The gf has a few wallet bag thingys that use saffiano leather and they feel like plastic and look cheap(the price is another story). The upside is that it doesn't stain or wear as easily, and most of her bags look pristine. The problem is that if it's gonna be leather then I want the softness and the smell that comes with it, and the natural wear of the leather that gives it character. Saffiano doesn't really do that and is more prone to cracking and wearing hideously at the corners. I've never had a wood back before, so I'd go with that I think, but between the rubber and the "leather"? Rubber all day
    09-08-2015 10:59 AM
    I really wish they wouldn't have used saffiano leather. The gf has a few wallet bag thingys that use saffiano leather and they feel like plastic and look cheap(the price is another story). The upside is that it doesn't stain or wear as easily, and most of her bags look pristine. The problem is that if it's gonna be leather then I want the softness and the smell that comes with it, and the natural wear of the leather that gives it character. Saffiano doesn't really do that and is more prone to cracking and wearing hideously at the corners. I've never had a wood back before, so I'd go with that I think, but between the rubber and the "leather"? Rubber all day
    I was curious on how it felt. I bought the cognac leather version mainly because of how the 2014 X looked and felt (never got to feel one in hand but read many first hand reviews). I do love the look of it (see close up pics in Engadget's review) but was curious about how it feels. I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough.
    09-08-2015 11:08 AM
    I was curious on how it felt. I bought the cognac leather version mainly because of how the 2014 X looked and felt (never got to feel one in hand but read many first hand reviews). I do love the look of it (see close up pics in Engadget's review) but was curious about how it feels. I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough.
    I had a 2014 Moto X with black leather and it looked and felt incredible. The leather also had a very good shine to it as well. Just simply holding it in hand with the razor thin metal sides and soft grippy leather was quite the treat. Unfortunately the new one won't feel like that due to the different kind of leather used, which is a bit of a shame. But saffiano is very very very popular among designers so I can't blame Motorola for that, and it is also more resistant to water and scratches. So overall the right move for a phone, but doesnt mean I have to like it moto maker is so awesome, so many choices
    co.ag.2005 and dmark44 like this.
    09-08-2015 11:22 AM

I think it would depend on how tight your skinny jeans are..

Funny how great the phone looks with all these style varieties, yet most of everyone here will be slapping on some sort of case. Admit it. And even if you put some clear-style TPU case, it will still mar the beauty of the phone.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-08-2015 11:44 AM
    I think it would depend on how tight your skinny jeans are..

Funny how great the phone looks with all these style varieties, yet most of everyone here will be slapping on some sort of case. Admit it. And even if you put some clear-style TPU case, it will still mar the beauty of the phone.
    For the first time in my cell phone life I am going to try to not use a case. We'll see how it goes.
    bpe4, RikkiRay and dmark44 like this.
    09-08-2015 11:51 AM
    For the first time in my cell phone life I am going to try to not use a case. We'll see how it goes.
    That's how I was with the nexus 6. Going naked. I can't remember the last time I dropped a phone out of my hands. Unfortunately my nexus 6 slid right off my desk onto carpet, no harm done. And then just last night i forgot it was next to me in bed and I flung my covers up and there it went, sliding across hard tile. Nothing too bad, screen is intact and now it is in a case. Which makes it way too big. I hope Moto X will have more support from accessory and case standpoints than the previous generations.
    09-08-2015 12:10 PM
    That's how I was with the nexus 6. Going naked. I can't remember the last time I dropped a phone out of my hands. Unfortunately my nexus 6 slid right off my desk onto carpet, no harm done. And then just last night i forgot it was next to me in bed and I flung my covers up and there it went, sliding across hard tile. Nothing too bad, screen is intact and now it is in a case. Which makes it way too big. I hope Moto X will have more support from accessory and case standpoints than the previous generations.
    Yeah that's kind of my fear. As far as I know I've never dropped a phone. I'll drop this one within 10 minutes probably

But with a $35 deductible I'll be careful and if I break it I'll still have saved a ton of money on cases (I usually buy 5-10 per phone).
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-08-2015 12:28 PM
    That's good to know. I was wondering where I could get one. I have used XTremeGuard in the past for my Nexus 5.
    Ebay has them also.
    09-08-2015 10:54 PM
    I'm with you on this one. No case which is why I added the Motorola insurance just in case. Hopefully if I do drop the phone it lands on the back so it won't look like my friend's S6 Edge which looks like someone took a shotgun to.
    RikkiRay and dmark44 like this.
    09-09-2015 03:13 PM
    I'm with you on this one. No case which is why I added the Motorola insurance just in case. Hopefully if I do drop the phone it lands on the back so it won't look like my friend's S6 Edge which looks like someone took a shotgun to.
    I'm with both of you on this. It's a nice-looking phone. And I added the Moto insurance also, just in case.
    09-09-2015 03:21 PM
    So far all the reviews seem to suggest that the SCR feels really nice in the hands. Its the cheapest option aswell which helps.
    09-10-2015 05:53 PM
    I like the SCR. It could be a little grippier, but it feels nice.
    diesel97 and dmark44 like this.
    09-10-2015 08:04 PM
    I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the leather backs now that more people have the phone. I'm returning mine and am debating doing another one in a different moto maker combination. I had a leather 2014 X, but this leather looks much different.
    09-21-2015 08:07 AM
68 123