11-28-2015 12:44 PM
68 123
tools
    I have an ash wood and slate grey on the way to see which I like better. I'll also throw in my two cents.
    I posted my opinions in some other threads but didn't follow up here.

I returned the Ash Wood and am keeping the Slate Grey back. I love the grip, I love the way it looks, I love that it is fingerprint-free, and I am much more comfortable using it without a case (setting it down on less-than-clean surfaces for example) than I was with the wood back.
    09-21-2015 01:29 PM
    If you have received your phone, could you please post a pic or two of the cabernet back? It's really hard to tell what it looks like from the MotoMaker site, and I haven't found any pics of it yet. TIA.
    09-25-2015 11:47 PM
    Moto Maker: Soft Grip/Coated Silicon Rubber vs. Leather-img_20150926_102817.jpg
    This was taken in indirect sunlight. It will look darker when there is less light and a bit brighter in direct sunlight. The champagne accent looks good with this. I was worried that it would be too goldish but it is nicely muted. I think the Cabernet will also look good with the dark silver. To me, the motomaker site makes everything look brighter than it really is.
    MRS DIVA and brentj like this.
    09-26-2015 09:51 AM
    Some reviews say the back is "grippy & textured". Some user comments here say it's "slippery". What say you?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2015 11:28 AM
    It's grippy and textured. Let me put it this way: it's not going to slip off the edge of your bed or a table, even if they're sloped. You can't say that about any phone with a glass or metal back.
    11-18-2015 11:37 AM
    It's "grippy". But I use a case now soo...

11-18-2015 11:38 AM
    While it is not as slippery as wood, I would not call it grippy. It will slip out of your hand. It is nowhere close to tacky. Remember, this is silicon coated rubber. Silicon is slick.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-18-2015 11:45 AM
    Thanks.

11-18-2015 12:01 PM
    While it is not as slippery as wood, I would not call it grippy. It will slip out of your hand. It is nowhere close to tacky. Remember, this is silicon coated rubber. Silicon is slick.
    Agree with this. It seems tacky when you're holding your phone in a way that applies pressure to the back. However, if the phone is simply resting its own weight on your fingers, it doesn't provide much grip.
    I assume the reviewers are calling it grippy in comparison to Glass, aluminum, glossy plastic, etc. that most phones are made from.
    I recommend a case.

dmark44 likes this.
    11-18-2015 12:12 PM
    It has some grip, but I would not call it grippy in any way. Probably more grippy in humid conditions.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-18-2015 12:25 PM
    More slippy than grippy for me. I came from the HTC one m8 which was very slippery. On that and this one I'm using a clear TPU case so I still get to see the nice phone style.
    11-18-2015 03:02 PM
    More slippy than grippy for me. I came from the HTC one m8 which was very slippery. On that and this one I'm using a clear TPU case so I still get to see the nice phone style.
    Clear TPU is the way to go. Adds enough "grip" to hold the phone and you can still show your motomaker design.
    NicksGarage likes this.
    11-18-2015 03:24 PM
    This. Grippier than wood or leather, imo. But, not exactly grippy itself. Love the back though.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-19-2015 05:40 AM
    As others have said... it's not as bad as the "premium" materials, but that's just not the issue here. The problem is that the EDGES are slippery. It doesn't matter nearly as much if the back is somewhat slippery, it's the sides that matter for grip. I do not know when these manufacturers are going to figure this out.
    11-19-2015 10:57 AM
    This is a 2month old cognac and a new red leather pure. The cognac got significantly softer and darker over the two months. I'm hoping that the red leather does the same.

Attached Thumbnails Moto Maker: Soft Grip/Coated Silicon Rubber vs. Leather-458229375.jpg  
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-24-2015 09:05 PM
    This is a 2month old cognac and a new red leather pure. The cognac got significantly softer and darker over the two months. I'm hoping that the red leather does the same.

I love the way my Cognac leather has aged so far.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    11-28-2015 12:08 PM
    The soft touch back certainly isn't slick, and it feels good to the touch. But the sides are a bit slick, but then this can be said for all phones now a days.
    11-28-2015 12:26 PM

Man that red looks nice!

11-28-2015 12:44 PM
68 123