Moto Maker: Soft Grip/Coated Silicon Rubber vs. Leather

jdk606o

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Which did you choose? I'm up in the air about which to get. Which would hold up the best, better resale value, etc.. Looking to get the white front with either slate gray/royal blue, or the cognac/red leather.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Soft Grip VS Leather

I haven't ordered mine yet as I am waiting for Motorola UK to send me an email saying it is ready to order, but for me it will be a black front and for the back I do quite fancy the leather although I have never seen a phone with leather in the flesh so to speak but I liked the look of the G4 with leather and I think the Cognac is the natural/brown colour isn't it as I do like the look of that.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

I keep changing my mind. I was set on wood and now I'm swaying towards the Deep Sea Blue CSR as it is bound to be grippier and wont hold dirt as much as Leather. But its just a shame I wont be able to hold either before I buy it :(

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I keep changing my mind. I was set on wood and now I'm swaying towards the Deep Sea Blue CSR as it is bound to be grippier and wont hold dirt as much as Leather. But its just a shame I wont be able to hold either before I buy it :(

Hmmmm I am wondering about the leather getting dirty as well and I love the wood back especially the lighter colour but I have no idea how well that will wear what is the CSR is it the rubber?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Which did you choose? I'm up in the air about which to get. Which would hold up the best, better resale value, etc.. Looking to get the white front with either slate gray/royal blue, or the cognac/red leather.

I have the white front/slate/metallic royal blue sitting in my cart right now! I have seriously considered the charcoal ash wood, bamboo, black leather and red leather, but I keep going back to the CSR backs for practicality and grip. I've also considered the Royal Blue, Black, and Deep Sea Blue CSR backs.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Hmmmm I am wondering about the leather getting dirty as well and I love the wood back especially the lighter colour but I have no idea how well that will wear what is the CSR is it the rubber?

CSR is coated silicone rubber. There is no extra charge for it and should provide the best grip and be the most trouble free. I do like some of the wood and leather backs but the function is more important to me so I chose 64 GB of memory. I will probably have it for 2 or 3 years max before I can't resist the latest technology.:eek:

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Coated Silicon Rubber. Its meant to be more dirt resistant and more durable. The moto dude claimed even the white CSR would stay clean and dirt free for a long time.

How true that is ... who knows lol

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Coated Silicon Rubber. Its meant to be more dirt resistant and more durable. The moto dude claimed even the white CSR would stay clean and dirt free for a long time.

How true that is ... who knows lol

Well I plan on keeping this phone a good while so maybe the CSR would make more sense and from the pictures I have seen it does look great.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I chose the soft grip. With each new Moto X (I have the 2013 and 2014 models) I tell myself I'll splurge and get a wood or leather back, but in the end I go with the color instead. Both my 2013 and 2014 look brand new. I do use a Cimo back cover on them, though.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I went with the black leather only because I feel it gives it a premium look and feel. Hopefully it holds up as well as the leather on prior Motorola phones.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Well I plan on keeping this phone a good while so maybe the CSR would make more sense and from the pictures I have seen it does look great.
Yeah them subtle lines look really nice. Will also add loads of grip. I watched one video where the reviewer said the SCR feels better than leather. Soo tempting tbh plus it works out cheaper.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I went with the black leather only because I feel it gives it a premium look and feel. Hopefully it holds up as well as the leather on prior Motorola phones.

I love the black leather on my 2014 Moto X. It is in perfect condition after seven months.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I got the cabernet CSR, I also saw that one reviewer liked the soft touch over the leather. I work in a chemistry lab though, so I'd be a little worried about the leather getting ruined.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Yeah them subtle lines look really nice. Will also add loads of grip. I watched one video where the reviewer said the SCR feels better than leather. Soo tempting tbh plus it works out cheaper.

Right then I have just looked on Clove UK and they have the phone with the black rubber back and I know it is probably a bit predictable but I think I will go for the black with the grey strip on the back as I am sure that will wear better than wood and leather.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I got the cabernet CSR, I also saw that one reviewer liked the soft touch over the leather. I work in a chemistry lab though, so I'd be a little worried about the leather getting ruined.

My wife Linda loves that Cabernet backing with an orange accent :)

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm planning (hoping? if any good options become available) to put my XPE in a case this year, so I ordered soft touch, not leather.

BoneDigger

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I ordered the black front, silver metallic accents, and black leather back. We'll see how it works out I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm planning (hoping? if any good options become available) to put my XPE in a case this year, so I ordered soft touch, not leather.

I normally put a case on my phones but as this is a big phone and the backing is rubber I am planning to just put a tempered glass screen protector on it and leave it at that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad