11-28-2015 01:44 PM
68 123
tools
    Which did you choose? I'm up in the air about which to get. Which would hold up the best, better resale value, etc.. Looking to get the white front with either slate gray/royal blue, or the cognac/red leather.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-05-2015 01:03 PM
    I haven't ordered mine yet as I am waiting for Motorola UK to send me an email saying it is ready to order, but for me it will be a black front and for the back I do quite fancy the leather although I have never seen a phone with leather in the flesh so to speak but I liked the look of the G4 with leather and I think the Cognac is the natural/brown colour isn't it as I do like the look of that.
    09-05-2015 01:13 PM
    I keep changing my mind. I was set on wood and now I'm swaying towards the Deep Sea Blue CSR as it is bound to be grippier and wont hold dirt as much as Leather. But its just a shame I wont be able to hold either before I buy it

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:15 PM
    I keep changing my mind. I was set on wood and now I'm swaying towards the Deep Sea Blue CSR as it is bound to be grippier and wont hold dirt as much as Leather. But its just a shame I wont be able to hold either before I buy it

Hmmmm I am wondering about the leather getting dirty as well and I love the wood back especially the lighter colour but I have no idea how well that will wear what is the CSR is it the rubber?
    09-05-2015 01:19 PM
    Which did you choose? I'm up in the air about which to get. Which would hold up the best, better resale value, etc.. Looking to get the white front with either slate gray/royal blue, or the cognac/red leather.
    I have the white front/slate/metallic royal blue sitting in my cart right now! I have seriously considered the charcoal ash wood, bamboo, black leather and red leather, but I keep going back to the CSR backs for practicality and grip. I've also considered the Royal Blue, Black, and Deep Sea Blue CSR backs.
    09-05-2015 01:33 PM
    Hmmmm I am wondering about the leather getting dirty as well and I love the wood back especially the lighter colour but I have no idea how well that will wear what is the CSR is it the rubber?
    CSR is coated silicone rubber. There is no extra charge for it and should provide the best grip and be the most trouble free. I do like some of the wood and leather backs but the function is more important to me so I chose 64 GB of memory. I will probably have it for 2 or 3 years max before I can't resist the latest technology.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:37 PM
    Coated Silicon Rubber. Its meant to be more dirt resistant and more durable. The moto dude claimed even the white CSR would stay clean and dirt free for a long time.

How true that is ... who knows lol

dmark44 likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:39 PM
    Coated Silicon Rubber. Its meant to be more dirt resistant and more durable. The moto dude claimed even the white CSR would stay clean and dirt free for a long time.

How true that is ... who knows lol

Well I plan on keeping this phone a good while so maybe the CSR would make more sense and from the pictures I have seen it does look great.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:53 PM
    I chose the soft grip. With each new Moto X (I have the 2013 and 2014 models) I tell myself I'll splurge and get a wood or leather back, but in the end I go with the color instead. Both my 2013 and 2014 look brand new. I do use a Cimo back cover on them, though.
    dmark44 and jasmeer oberoi like this.
    09-05-2015 03:03 PM
    I went with the black leather only because I feel it gives it a premium look and feel. Hopefully it holds up as well as the leather on prior Motorola phones.

09-05-2015 03:09 PM
    Well I plan on keeping this phone a good while so maybe the CSR would make more sense and from the pictures I have seen it does look great.
    Yeah them subtle lines look really nice. Will also add loads of grip. I watched one video where the reviewer said the SCR feels better than leather. Soo tempting tbh plus it works out cheaper.

09-05-2015 03:10 PM
    Black soft grip FTW! Good guys get soft grip black! Chuck Norris would be proud
    09-05-2015 04:01 PM
    I went with the black leather only because I feel it gives it a premium look and feel. Hopefully it holds up as well as the leather on prior Motorola phones.

I love the black leather on my 2014 Moto X. It is in perfect condition after seven months.

dmark44 likes this.
    09-05-2015 04:02 PM
    I got the cabernet CSR, I also saw that one reviewer liked the soft touch over the leather. I work in a chemistry lab though, so I'd be a little worried about the leather getting ruined.

Ntchwaidumela, weksa and dmark44 like this.
    09-05-2015 05:54 PM
    Yeah them subtle lines look really nice. Will also add loads of grip. I watched one video where the reviewer said the SCR feels better than leather. Soo tempting tbh plus it works out cheaper.

Right then I have just looked on Clove UK and they have the phone with the black rubber back and I know it is probably a bit predictable but I think I will go for the black with the grey strip on the back as I am sure that will wear better than wood and leather.
    09-06-2015 10:36 AM
    I got the cabernet CSR, I also saw that one reviewer liked the soft touch over the leather. I work in a chemistry lab though, so I'd be a little worried about the leather getting ruined.

My wife Linda loves that Cabernet backing with an orange accent
    09-06-2015 10:37 AM
    My wife Linda loves that Cabernet backing with an orange accent
    Lindas usually have good taste. I should know, lol.

09-06-2015 11:23 AM
    I'm planning (hoping? if any good options become available) to put my XPE in a case this year, so I ordered soft touch, not leather.
    09-06-2015 12:42 PM
    I ordered the black front, silver metallic accents, and black leather back. We'll see how it works out I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-06-2015 01:01 PM
    I'm planning (hoping? if any good options become available) to put my XPE in a case this year, so I ordered soft touch, not leather.
    I normally put a case on my phones but as this is a big phone and the backing is rubber I am planning to just put a tempered glass screen protector on it and leave it at that.
    09-06-2015 01:01 PM
    I normally put a case on my phones but as this is a big phone and the backing is rubber I am planning to just put a tempered glass screen protector on it and leave it at that.
    I'm hoping there will be a decent fitting tempered glass screen protector for this phone, since I never did find one for my 2014 Moto X that I could tolerate for long. I finally gave up. The screen has still held up fine (I'm careful with my phones) but I love me some tempered glass.
    09-06-2015 06:38 PM
    I'm hoping there will be a decent fitting tempered glass screen protector for this phone, since I never did find one for my 2014 Moto X that I could tolerate for long. I finally gave up. The screen has still held up fine (I'm careful with my phones) but I love me some tempered glass.
    You wont as the glass still has round edges . However ypu could buy a protecter that is about 2mm from the edge of the display which will mean no lifting.

09-06-2015 06:41 PM
    So I decided on the soft touch.. just in case I wanna use a case (not a big fan of them though). Another benefit is if I wanna put a skin on it.. leather wouldn't work

09-06-2015 08:11 PM
    It also comes with a clear bumper in the box. I'm going to do the same as you, and also try the bumper.

09-07-2015 02:16 AM
    There seem to be several tempered glass protectors available on Amazon.

09-07-2015 02:19 AM
68 123