engraving on leather?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
What does engraving on a leather back moto x look like? More specifically, what does a black leathered moto x engraved look like?

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha.

But didnt they use different colours on last years model, the engravings were not always black from what I can see from some pictures :/

My 2014 Moto X after seven-ish months.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 71104.jpg
    71104.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 56
Oct 18, 2013
www.facebook.com
Fairly certain that is not a leather back, could be wrong though. My 2014 X was not colored either. I had cognac leather and ordered cognac for my Pure.

Anxiously awaiting my Moto X Pure Edition!

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The leather is not engraved, it's stamped in. Stampings usually are not colored because it will just wear off really quick on the leather. I have a leather motorcycle jacket that is stamped with some emblems and it is 9 years old and they still look really good. Once leather is stamped like that I don't think it will go away unless for some reason it's worn completely down even with the stampings.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Moto X 2014 with Navy Blue Leather back .It is even kinda hard to even see the vzw name and logo it, :)
I didn't get a leather back this time around.
I would be curious to see what an personalized image would look like on this new model with leather back

Sent from my Nexus 6

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay