How important was the SD Card slot in your decision to purchase?

How Important is the SD Card Slot?

• Total voters

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
there is just something satisfing knowing all i gotta do is pull it out and plug it in and all my music and pics are there.. I was was trying to back up my wifes photos to th ecould and it took a lot of time..

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
For me it was a nice bonus. I can manage on 32gb just fine (I usually have about 18gb free). But why not? I also ordered the 64gb version because, why not? :)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
It would've been very important to me if 32gb was the max capacity. I'm going to splurge for the 64gb, so I should have plenty of memory. So for me the slot will be a nice bonus.

I will insert an SD card just so I can easily back up data from a couple of apps that still don't back up to the cloud.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is the 1st Moto X that they included the SD card slot just because it's so big now it was easy to fit it in!

I'm sure differentiation helped too.

Suzamax

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Not having a microSD is definitely a no-go. 32GB flies for me so I need to change them often, not having to buy another phone.

Un saludo :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
there is just something satisfing knowing all i gotta do is pull it out and plug it in and all my music and pics are there.. I was was trying to back up my wifes photos to th ecould and it took a lot of time..

It can if you're doing it all at once.. But once done you're good. Every day I come home and it backs up once on wifi / charging and it's usually only a few pics which takes about 10 seconds or so. I don't even remember it's doing it until I go to look at photos via the PC online.

jdk606o

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Very important! I purchased the 16gb (only use about 5 gigs of apps) and all my vids/pics will be on my 64gb card I have. And when Marshmallow comes out the card space will be worth it!

Posted via the Android Central App

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has to have micro SD card and more than 16GB internal memory. My galaxy note 2 on VZW has been a great phone until 4.4.3 update took away practical use of removable storage. 16GB became very small.

Posted via Android Central App

Psyclone

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Very important. I guess nobody's had a device go DOA to where it becomes inaccessible via USB for data recovery. I have and it is not fun. At least with microsd, I can just pop it into a new device and be back up and running with all of my data intact. Currently a Note 4 user, zero plans to upgrade to the 5 unless they release a variant with MicroSD. Been a consistent Samsung user since the original galaxy. Love the SPen and AMOLED screen and dread going to another manufacturer but I will if I have to.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Very important. I guess nobody's had a device go DOA to where it becomes inaccessible via USB for data recovery. I have and it is not fun. At least with microsd, I can just pop it into a new device and be back up and running with all of my data intact. Currently a Note 4 user, zero plans to upgrade to the 5 unless they release a variant with MicroSD. Been a consistent Samsung user since the original galaxy. Love the SPen and AMOLED screen and dread going to another manufacturer but I will if I have to.

My stuff gets backed up to the cloud while on I'm on cellular data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton