AT&T: What do I need to get the Moto X Pure Edition working on AT&T?

BoneDigger

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently own a Note 2 AT&T. When the Pure comes, do I need to take it to AT&T to swap over info and set it up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you cut your Sim card to fit and you'll be good to go. No need for carrier involvement at all. All your contacts and such should be tied to your Google account.

BTW, this topic has been discussed numerous times.

In the future, you may want to use the search function to find your answers. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just ordered a Pure. What do I need?

Make sure you cut your Sim card to fit and you'll be good to go. No need for carrier involvement at all. All your contacts and such should be tied to your Google account.

BTW, this topic has been discussed numerous times.

In the future, you may want to use the search function to find your answers. :)
It is definitely a different sim size. Even the note 4 is micro sim. The pure I'd nano.

Cutting the sim isn't a big deal, I did it myself. But if you don't feel comfortable, get att to issue you a new sim

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I recently went to an AT&T store to swap a Micro SIM for a Nano and was told that they now charge for SIMs. Not sure if I was lied to or not, but you may want to call to confirm if it matters to you.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

I recently went to an AT&T store to swap a Micro SIM for a Nano and was told that they now charge for SIMs. Not sure if I was lied to or not, but you may want to call to confirm if it matters to you.

Not sure about at&t but verizon corporate store doesn't charge for sim card, but retailer, premium store or whatever they called it, they'll charge you.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

Not sure about AT&T but at T-Mobile they are $15, so I wouldn't imagine much more than that. I've been to T-Mobile a couple times in the last 6 months for new sim cards and they've given them to me for free. You might get lucky and run into a nice AT&T employee. ;)

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I have always just called Verizon and the CSR has never had a problem with sending me a sim for free. I switch phones a lot and have asked for a new sim a couple times.

Posted via the Android Central App

howie

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

AT&T corporate store has never charged me for a new SIM, but last time was a few months ago. Hope that hasn't changed.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

AT&T corporate store has never charged me for a new SIM, but last time was a few months ago. Hope that hasn't changed.

As with Verizon, it tends to vary by store and the associate you get. Some will give them out for free, while others try to charge you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

As with Verizon, it tends to vary by store and the associate you get. Some will give them out for free, while others try to charge you.

I have never had a Verizon corporate store charge me. Third party is a different story.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about AT&T but at T-Mobile they are $15, so I wouldn't imagine much more than that. I've been to T-Mobile a couple times in the last 6 months for new sim cards and they've given them to me for free. You might get lucky and run into a nice AT&T employee. ;)

I don't know about ATT, but my local TMO store told me just to stop by and get the new nano card, no charge. They can also make sure your number is transferred, etc. You can transfer info from your old phone to the new one using Migrate, which you can get from the Android store. It will tell you how to proceed.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
anyone thats worried about the nano simcard

since the moto x pure takes nano sim card and most phones use micro there are ways you can cut your simcard to nano. thats if you dont want to go to your local wireless provider.

heres a video tut how to cut ur micro sim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6T1Mygucak

also you can buy a micro sim to nano sim cutter from amazon
Amazon.com: Aerb Nano Sim Card Cutter Mini /Standard & Micro to Nano Sim for iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 6 iPhone 5 iPhone 4, 4S and other Phones + Metal Tray + 2 Sim Adapters + Sand Paper, All in One Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Nano-M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4668950

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: anyone thats worried about the nano simcard

since the moto x pure takes nano sim card and most phones use micro

In fourteen years of cell phone ownership have never had a phone that took a micro SIM.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: anyone thats worried about the nano simcard

This looks like a load of Hassel when they will just give you one for free.