09-08-2015 02:05 AM
26 12
tools
    I currently own a Note 2 AT&T. When the Pure comes, do I need to take it to AT&T to swap over info and set it up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    09-05-2015 09:35 PM
    Make sure you cut your Sim card to fit and you'll be good to go. No need for carrier involvement at all. All your contacts and such should be tied to your Google account.

BTW, this topic has been discussed numerous times.

In the future, you may want to use the search function to find your answers. :-)
    09-05-2015 09:44 PM
    If you don't want to fiddle with cutting your SIM card, and you probably shouldn't, go to the at&t store to get the proper size one.

http://m.androidcentral.com/bold-cut...-nano-sim-card

Posted via the Android Central App
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-05-2015 09:58 PM
    Make sure you cut your Sim card to fit and you'll be good to go. No need for carrier involvement at all. All your contacts and such should be tied to your Google account.

BTW, this topic has been discussed numerous times.

In the future, you may want to use the search function to find your answers. :-)
    It is definitely a different sim size. Even the note 4 is micro sim. The pure I'd nano.

Cutting the sim isn't a big deal, I did it myself. But if you don't feel comfortable, get att to issue you a new sim

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-05-2015 10:06 PM
    I recently went to an AT&T store to swap a Micro SIM for a Nano and was told that they now charge for SIMs. Not sure if I was lied to or not, but you may want to call to confirm if it matters to you.
    09-05-2015 11:18 PM
    How much were they?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    09-05-2015 11:56 PM
    I recently went to an AT&T store to swap a Micro SIM for a Nano and was told that they now charge for SIMs. Not sure if I was lied to or not, but you may want to call to confirm if it matters to you.
    Not sure about at&t but verizon corporate store doesn't charge for sim card, but retailer, premium store or whatever they called it, they'll charge you.
    09-06-2015 12:17 AM
    Not sure about AT&T but at T-Mobile they are $15, so I wouldn't imagine much more than that. I've been to T-Mobile a couple times in the last 6 months for new sim cards and they've given them to me for free. You might get lucky and run into a nice AT&T employee.
    09-06-2015 12:22 AM
    I have always just called Verizon and the CSR has never had a problem with sending me a sim for free. I switch phones a lot and have asked for a new sim a couple times.

09-06-2015 12:40 AM
    AT&T corporate store has never charged me for a new SIM, but last time was a few months ago. Hope that hasn't changed.
    09-06-2015 04:57 AM
    AT&T corporate store has never charged me for a new SIM, but last time was a few months ago. Hope that hasn't changed.
    As with Verizon, it tends to vary by store and the associate you get. Some will give them out for free, while others try to charge you.

09-06-2015 09:34 AM
    As with Verizon, it tends to vary by store and the associate you get. Some will give them out for free, while others try to charge you.

I have never had a Verizon corporate store charge me. Third party is a different story.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-07-2015 12:19 AM
    Not sure about AT&T but at T-Mobile they are $15, so I wouldn't imagine much more than that. I've been to T-Mobile a couple times in the last 6 months for new sim cards and they've given them to me for free. You might get lucky and run into a nice AT&T employee.
    I don't know about ATT, but my local TMO store told me just to stop by and get the new nano card, no charge. They can also make sure your number is transferred, etc. You can transfer info from your old phone to the new one using Migrate, which you can get from the Android store. It will tell you how to proceed.

09-07-2015 01:43 AM
    since the moto x pure takes nano sim card and most phones use micro there are ways you can cut your simcard to nano. thats if you dont want to go to your local wireless provider.

heres a video tut how to cut ur micro sim

also you can buy a micro sim to nano sim cutter from amazon
    Amazon.com: Aerb Nano Sim Card Cutter Mini /Standard & Micro to Nano Sim for iPhone 6 Plus iPhone 6 iPhone 5 iPhone 4, 4S and other Phones + Metal Tray + 2 Sim Adapters + Sand Paper, All in One Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Nano-Mi...cUvbUpU4668950
    09-07-2015 07:06 PM
    since the moto x pure takes nano sim card and most phones use micro
    In fourteen years of cell phone ownership have never had a phone that took a micro SIM.
    mahanjafar likes this.
    09-07-2015 07:29 PM
    In fourteen years of cell phone ownership have never had a phone that took a micro SIM.
    You've never had a Samsung phone then.
    09-07-2015 07:34 PM
    This looks like a load of Hassel when they will just give you one for free.
    ibcop likes this.
    09-07-2015 07:35 PM
    my nexus 5 takes micro
    09-07-2015 07:50 PM
    idk what country u live in but samsung, nexus, lg all take micro sims.
    09-07-2015 08:05 PM
    This. I'm going to stop and pick one up tomorrow.
    09-07-2015 08:35 PM
    when i had to get a new micro sim for my nexus 5...it was an hour process at the sprint store. im not doing that again if i can avoid it
    09-07-2015 08:39 PM
    That is really surprising.

09-07-2015 08:47 PM
    This.

09-07-2015 08:47 PM
    when i had to get a new micro sim for my nexus 5...it was an hour process at the sprint store. im not doing that again if i can avoid it
    This. I'm going to stop and pick one up tomorrow.
    This.

i just ordered the nano sim cutter looks easy and simple shouldnt take no longer than 1 minute
    says it should be here on the 9th just in time
    09-07-2015 09:05 PM
    For some of us who change phones pretty frequently, a nano sim has been the norm for a while. The last micro sim phone was my Nexus5 last year. I just recently found out that AT&T started charging for sim cards in store. Just a heads up if you're in need of one.
    09-07-2015 11:33 PM
26 12