Who plans to unlock/root?

Will you unlock and root your Moto X Pure Edition/Style?

• Total voters

twitch3488

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I plan on getting the note 5 and will be rooting that device. It will be my first root so any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1058 using Android Central

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I plan on getting the note 5 and will be rooting that device. It will be my first root so any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1058 using Android Central

This thread is for the Moto X Pure. I haven't been in the Samsung threads since I sold my S6 so I'm not sure if the Note 5 has a root method yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I voted - "No unlock or root".

I don't even root my other devices so I think trying stock android for the first time will be more than enough :). I wouldn't use root for anything.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If I end up getting the phone for myself as well as my wife, I will definitely unlock and root. However, I don't even know what to do with it these days lol. My rezound and s3 were molested religiously with custom software, but I never have messed with it with my 2014 X. I would probably only use a custom recovery for full backups, etc. Maybe a couple of root tweaks. O and titanium backup of course. No roms unless there was a must have feature.

I do miss flashing though...

Sent from my XT1096

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Personally, having root is more appealing to me to use apps that require it rather than flashing roms

XT1060

This would be my choice. Most people who buy this phone, are buying for the stock out of box experience. Don't expect there would be a need to install custom roms. I would like to have root for all the other reasons 😁

Posted via the Android Central App

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
tibu is kind of pointless. everyone says not to restore the data after romming the phone. so I can just backup the apk.
I'll have to see what I'm missing from Xposed.
if I do it'll probably be best to wait for marshmallow

--sent from neglected rural America

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Same here on apps over flashing roms. If I were to root it would be to run an ad blocker. I buy the paid versions of apps that have that option available but some mobile websites are darn near unusable with all the annoying ads (and I work in the digital advertising industry).

What's the best ad blocker ?

Posted via the Android Central App