03-08-2016 08:45 AM
113 1234 ...
tools
    Ah my bad
    I did have that problem with the 2nd gen X and this protector though. My supcase would always roll the edges up and trashed the protector.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2015 08:45 PM
    I ordered screen protectors. Thanks for the links above. I think they are worth it to prevent scratches. In my experience, you can't scratch a screen with keys, knives, screws, or power drills. Wipe some fingerprints off with a cotton T-shirt and the screen is scratched to hell. LOL! Why is this? Anyway, screen protectors are worth it to me so I can wipe away fingerprints with my shirt.
    09-12-2015 05:10 PM
    I ordered screen protectors. Thanks for the links above. I think they are worth it to prevent scratches. In my experience, you can't scratch a screen with keys, knives, screws, or power drills. Wipe some fingerprints off with a cotton T-shirt and the screen is scratched to hell. LOL! Why is this? Anyway, screen protectors are worth it to me so I can wipe away fingerprints with my shirt.
    Probably little bits of sand or something like that. Sand will still scratch gorilla glass.
    09-12-2015 05:12 PM
    See my review above. It doesn't even stay down on the top and bottom, plus the sides don't stay down because of the curved glass.
    This bites. I was really hoping it would have a perfectly flat screen. Love how tempered glass protectors fits so nicely when the screen is perfectly flat. That halo effect bugged me on my Note 4.
    09-13-2015 02:41 PM
    I have a klear cut glass protector, just waiting for my device to come in. I'll let you know if there is any halo.

MobileNick likes this.
    09-13-2015 07:32 PM
    I have a klear cut glass protector, just waiting for my device to come in. I'll let you know if there is any halo.

I think someone from the XDA forums had the klear cut and it had the halo

*EDIT*
    Found the link - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors - Post #47 - XDA Forums
    GeordieAffy likes this.
    09-13-2015 09:24 PM
    Anyone ever try the Incipio Plex glass protectors? It is pricey but I don't mind paying if it's a high quality product from a reputable company.

Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Glass Screen Protector | Incipio
    09-14-2015 02:57 PM
    Skinomi skintech tempered glass has a halo all the way around and doesnt adhere well to the bottom near the speaker. Returning it today.
    Same thing happened to me for the iLLumiShield HD 2-Pack.
    Clocks likes this.
    09-14-2015 04:59 PM
    Anyone ever try the Incipio Plex glass protectors? It is pricey but I don't mind paying if it's a high quality product from a reputable company.

Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Glass Screen Protector | Incipio
    I've used their other products and found them to be of the highest quality. I don't have any doubt this screen protector is anything less. Thanks for the link. Immediately ordered one. I'll post a follow-up when I receive it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Chill145 likes this.
    09-14-2015 06:33 PM
    I've used their other products and found them to be of the highest quality. I don't have any doubt this screen protector is anything less. Thanks for the link. Immediately ordered one. I'll post a follow-up when I receive it.

Posted via Android Central App
    I just ordered one too along with a case. I always get nervous putting those glass screen protectors on correctly, I'm hoping the applicator makes it a lot easier to install.
    09-14-2015 07:39 PM
    I just ordered one too along with a case. I always get nervous putting those glass screen protectors on correctly, I'm hoping the applicator makes it a lot easier to install.
    for $35 i would be nervous too
    09-14-2015 08:37 PM
    They're actually easier to apply than the film ones. And this one claims to have an easier application method. We'll see.
    Ry likes this.
    09-14-2015 10:58 PM
    Just an FYI, I got my phone today and put on the klear cut glass and there is NO halo on the borders.. fits like a glove.

MobileNick likes this.
    09-15-2015 11:30 PM
    Installed the glass Illumishield hd (2 pack) protector yesterday and it doesn't completely stay down on one side. I centered it dead center from what I can tell. The glass does feel good and I've had no issue with touch screen responsiveness. I'll put the second one on in a few days and see if I can get it to stay down better.

09-16-2015 02:30 AM
    Glass doesn't scratch. And most screens crack when a device is dropped on and edge or corner. I never used a screen protector on any of my phones but have used a simple plastic case. Every phone I've had after taken out of the case in 2 years looked "out of the box" new. Even the screen with no protection, Just rubbing it on my pants leg (thigh) and it's clean as a whistle.
    09-17-2015 01:02 AM
    Just an FYI, I got my phone today and put on the klear cut glass and there is NO halo on the borders.. fits like a glove.

Could you link the one you bought please.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    09-17-2015 03:29 AM
    Those who bought the Incipio PLEX, please report back when you get a chance. Thanks
    09-17-2015 10:12 AM
    Totally want to hear feed back on incipio plex. Have skinomi glass.. Doesn't stay on bottom at all and halo around.. Don't mind spending more money on plex one if it works.
    09-18-2015 08:56 AM
    Not tempered related per say but iCarez has the standard screen protector for the Style/Pure - Amazon.com: iCarez Moto X Style (3RD Gen 2015) Premium [HD Clear] Screen Protector [ Unique Hinge Install Method With Kits ] 3-PacK: Cell Phones & Accessories

The tempered glass that they had for the LG G3 was a big hit. I'm hoping they have it for the Style/Pure.
    09-18-2015 10:27 AM
    While waiting for a good tempered glass protector, I bought a ILLUMI AquaShield (2-Pack) Screen Protector on Amazon. It is a wet application, went on perfectly and looks real good. I've only had it for a day, but no bubbles. Should hold me over until a glass one comes out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4692442
    09-18-2015 11:13 AM
    I received the Incipio glass screen protector today. It comes with an alignment tool that really make applying it easy and error free. It may cost a lot more than others, but it's worth it.
    Mel823, ScottMGS and wctaylor79 like this.
    09-18-2015 04:46 PM
    I received the Incipio glass screen protector today. It comes with an alignment tool that really make applying it easy and error free. It may cost a lot more than others, but it's worth it.
    Cool! I am expecting mine to arrive tomorrow. I'll report back.
    09-18-2015 05:53 PM
    Are you able to post pictures? Thinking of ordering but like you said price is high

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    pinoymutt5 likes this.
    09-18-2015 06:11 PM
    I commented on the Illumishield hd glass screen protectors in an earlier post. I stated that it did not stay down on one side. I was just emailed by the company who makes Illumishield and they said that they made a mistake on the fit. They are sending me out the new version free of charge. I have not contacted them through amazon or anywhere else. It looks like they read the reviews and decided to make it right. I'll update after receiving them.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-18-2015 07:14 PM
    For those that got the Incipio Plex -- I read that it's slightly different than tempered glass. Can you guys confirm/deny this, and let us know the fit/feeling?

Really interested in this as well.
    09-19-2015 01:27 AM
113 1234 ...