03-08-2016 08:45 AM
113 12345
tools
    I received the Incipio glass screen protector today. It comes with an alignment tool that really make applying it easy and error free. It may cost a lot more than others, but it's worth it.
    Any word on how it looks? Pics? About to throw down and next day air, but wanting to be sure. They don't accept returns on open products. Thanks in advance.
    09-20-2015 11:53 AM
    Any word on how it looks? Pics? About to throw down and next day air, but wanting to be sure. They don't accept returns on open products. Thanks in advance.
    BUMP -- I'm interested to know this as well -- AND more importantly, does it go on without any of the halo effects that the regular tempered screen protectors seem to be having
    09-21-2015 12:26 PM
    I got mine but won't install it until my 14 day return policy is up at Best Buy. I will say the Incipio case fits well though. I will take picks when I get it installed at the end of the week.
    09-21-2015 01:17 PM
    I got this email earlier from Incipio in response to a question I asked them about the Flex:

===BEGIN===
    Thank you for your inquiry into Incpio.com

We can confirm that all of our Plex Screen Protectors are actually tempered glass and not a film. However, the material the glass the protector is made of allows for the protector to form to the screen. We have not received any negative feedback regarding the "halo" effect that you mentioned. However if you are not completely satisfied with the product, we will be happy to issue a full refund if purchased through Incipio and is within 30-days of purchase.

We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Bryan D| Customer Service Team
    Incipio | BRAVEN | TAVIK | iGO
    ===END===

So it looks like you may still be able to try it and return it if it sucks (probably won't get reimbursed on the overnight shipping though...)
    wctaylor79 likes this.
    09-21-2015 07:30 PM
    I placed an order with Bemz, on Amazon. I hated the cutout appearance that most screen protectors appear to have. This one does not appear to have the cut outs at the top or bottom, which will hopefully reduce the likelihood that there will be adhesion problems, like some of the others. Also, it is a three pack, in case of an installation error or breakage.
    09-22-2015 12:01 AM
    I commented on the Illumishield hd glass screen protectors in an earlier post. I stated that it did not stay down on one side. I was just emailed by the company who makes Illumishield and they said that they made a mistake on the fit. They are sending me out the new version free of charge. I have not contacted them through amazon or anywhere else. It looks like they read the reviews and decided to make it right. I'll update after receiving them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Skinomi did the same thing. I have an "updated" replacement for their PET protector headed my way, totally unprompted by me (which, after reading this, makes me think they are getting them from the same supplier).
    09-22-2015 10:13 AM
    My (holy crud) $35 incipio screen protector arrives tomorrow. I'll post pics and my opinion of it.
    09-24-2015 06:38 PM
    My (holy crud) $35 incipio screen protector arrives tomorrow. I'll post pics and my opinion of it.
    Someone on the XDA forums received theirs and installed it - Tempered Glass Screen Protectors - Pg. 17 | Moto X Style (Pure) | XDA Forums
    09-24-2015 07:28 PM
    Okay, so after reading through this thread, i still have no idea what tempered glass to get. I just ordered my Moto X Pure and an i-Blason Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case and need something that will fit the phone well with a case on it. If anyone here could help me out, that would be amazing. Thanks
    09-24-2015 09:05 PM
    I got my Incipio "flexible glass screen protector". It doesn't feel like tempered glass, it feels like a thick version of the cheap plastic screen protectors. It's not particularly fingerprint resistant.

But the fit is perfect, and the installation guide works great. It's not worth $35 though. Maybe $15-20 because it includes a plastic guide? But it feels no better than the cheap Illumishield 3-pack I bought from amazon.

Bottom line: If you want an easy way to *perfectly* install a cheap plastic screen protector, this will do it. But you could also save $25 and get a 3 pack of what is essentially the same thing on Amazon and just be more careful installing it.

What's in the box
    Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-1box.jpg

The guide installed on my phone
    Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-2guide.jpg

Screen protector laying in the guide
    Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-3inguide.jpg

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-4.jpg

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-5.jpg

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-6.jpg

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-7.jpg
    09-25-2015 01:31 PM
    Okay, so after reading through this thread, i still have no idea what tempered glass to get. I just ordered my Moto X Pure and an i-Blason Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case and need something that will fit the phone well with a case on it. If anyone here could help me out, that would be amazing. Thanks
    I have this one. Fits well - so-so on fingerprints. Case friendly.

Amazon.com: Moto X Pure Edition Tempered Glass Screen Protector - Fosmon TOUCH 0.26mm ULTRA THIN (Shatter Proof | Oleophobic Coating) HD Clear Glass Screen Protector for Motorola Moto X Pure Edition - 1 Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories
    09-25-2015 01:36 PM
    I know on Amazon it says a lot of screen protectors are not in stock/will be available on a certain day. But I got my Moto X Pure on the 22nd, ordered a Skinomi TechGlass screen protector and a case on Amazon and the screen protector came today.
    So heads up, if you order one don't be surprised if it comes early. Amazon is still showing it's expected arrival is Oct 13th-15th when I already got it.
    As far as how the one I got looks, looks awesome, feels awesome, was super easy to put on, no issue whatsoever with it yet at least.Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style-screenshot_2015-09-25-15-44-30.jpg
    09-25-2015 03:48 PM
    You were lucky with the Skinomi one. I got mine yesterday and halos all around and the lower left corner didn't stick. When I contacted their customer support they said that they have had a hard time getting the tempered one for the Moto X Pure right and would be discontinuing it. She offered to refund my money instead of sending me a new one.
    09-25-2015 07:27 PM
    Just installed my second "Super Shieldz" tempered glass protector purchased from Amazon. Doesn't fir good, and doesn't stick down on the top right at all. Pure junk! Seems that it's getting harder all the time to find a good tempered glass screen protector.
    09-27-2015 12:00 PM
    I tried the, IQ Shield Tempered Glass . Anyhow it didn't stick on the corner ,side. Removed it.
    They said it must have been defective and sending out another one. I just have a backup regular screen protector on it right now

From my Moto X PE. (64GB)
    09-28-2015 07:22 PM
    I bought the Incipio glass screen protector and had Best Buy install it and it fits and works great.
    09-29-2015 01:08 PM
    I bought the Incipio glass screen protector and had Best Buy install it and it fits and works great.
    Just curious, did you buy the protector from BBY, or did you order it directly from Incipio and did BBY charge you to put it on?
    09-29-2015 04:15 PM
    Just curious, did you buy the protector from BBY, or did you order it directly from Incipio and did BBY charge you to put it on?
    I bought directly from Incipio. BB didn't charge me since I am a regular customer but it would have cost $8.99
    09-29-2015 04:18 PM
    I tried the, IQ Shield Tempered Glass . Anyhow it didn't stick on the corner ,side. Removed it.
    They said it must have been defective and sending out another one. I just have a backup regular screen protector on it right now

From my Moto X PE. (64GB)
    I received the iq as well, and it is a great screen protector. I've tried a few other tempered glass ones on my 2013, and I think this iq is better than any other I've tried. Hopefully your replacement works for you.

I can't remember all I tried, but I know the best one I ended up going with was the i-BLASON for my 2013. This is very comparable, but seemed to go on easier, more accurate and the glass seems great (few fingerprints, greater touch sensitivity, and very very smooth).

Overall, I prefer the glass of the IQ more than the screen naked.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2015 08:36 PM
    Does anyone know if you cut out the built in screen protector from the i-Blason Armorbox Dual Layer case if you could then put on something like the IQ Shield ballistic glass screen protector? I currently have a Galaxy S4 with an Otterbox defender case with the built in protector and honestly hate it. It's too easy for dirt to get under the protector. So I'd like to avoid that if I upgrade to this phone.
    09-30-2015 11:03 PM
    Does anyone know if you cut out the built in screen protector from the i-Blason Armorbox Dual Layer case if you could then put on something like the IQ Shield ballistic glass screen protector? I currently have a Galaxy S4 with an Otterbox defender case with the built in protector and honestly hate it. It's too easy for dirt to get under the protector. So I'd like to avoid that if I upgrade to this phone.
    Yes, you can remove it and use your own
    10-01-2015 10:35 AM
    I got the Supershieldz and then all the sudden saw all the bad reviews after installing mine. Luckily, I have the exact opposite experience... It fits fine, looks perfect, and is the first time in the history of having devices with screens that I've ever managed to get a screen protector on without a single bubble. I'm happy.
    10-04-2015 06:56 PM
    I placed an order with Bemz, on Amazon. I hated the cutout appearance that most screen protectors appear to have. This one does not appear to have the cut outs at the top or bottom, which will hopefully reduce the likelihood that there will be adhesion problems, like some of the others. Also, it is a three pack, in case of an installation error or breakage.
    I'd appreciate it if you could share whether you were able to get a perfect installation with the protectors from Bemz. Also, did your box include the alcohol swab and glass buttons listed on the contents? These are missing from mine.
    10-05-2015 09:55 AM
    I got the Supershieldz and then all the sudden saw all the bad reviews after installing mine. Luckily, I have the exact opposite experience... It fits fine, looks perfect, and is the first time in the history of having devices with screens that I've ever managed to get a screen protector on without a single bubble. I'm happy.
    I bought the Supershieldz one as well. It did bubble up on the edges when paired with the included bumper. However, when I matched it up with my new SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle case, it fits perfectly. Not a bad protector at all, but does attract finger prints. I may try a tempered glass one in the future, but this one works fine too.
    10-05-2015 09:32 PM
    I bought the Supershieldz one as well. It did bubble up on the edges when paired with the included bumper. However, when I matched it up with my new SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle case, it fits perfectly. Not a bad protector at all, but does attract finger prints. I may try a tempered glass one in the future, but this one works fine too.
    Yes after a couple days I can now say, its definitely a finger print magnet. I guess that's not the worst thing, as long as it does its job and protects the screen :-)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 11:27 PM
113 12345