Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys the title pretty much says it all. I am looking for a good tempered glass screen protector. Any suggestions on some solid ones?

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Good tempered glass protector?

Do you guys find that these are really necessary? Do they hamper usablity at all? The price is certainly right... Just wondering if I really need one.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Do you guys find that these are really necessary? Do they hamper usablity at all? The price is certainly right... Just wondering if I really need one.

Usability isn't affected. They aren't really necessary, but if you're going to protect your device with a screen protector, a tempered glass one isn't a bad choice.

Posted via the Android Central App

mph14205

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

iLLumniShield makes a good glass screen protector, I have one for my HTC One M9. I am pretty sure they make it for the Moto X as well. As for affecting usability, in my experience they don't. The reason I get them is because I think they are easy to install, and the prices of them on Amazon are about as much as the plastic ones, plus they wipe clean from fingerprints easily.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I have used several glass screen protectors over the years. They are usually much more expensive for the name brand ones, but these might be as good. I would rather accidentally scratch a protector that costs between $7 and $40 than a screen that costs...well as much as a new phone! :(

Now do they "really" help if you drop it on a rock face down??? Hope I never have to find out! :confused:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I have one on my Note 4, and just received one today from Amazon for the X when it arrives. I like the one I have for the Note 4; a Mr. Shield. It was easy to install and offers excellent protection. Fingerprints and smudges wipe right off, and it doesn't affect the touch screen. For the prices I've seen, I would recommend having one.

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

I have used several glass screen protectors over the years. They are usually much more expensive for the name brand ones, but these might be as good. I would rather accidentally scratch a protector that costs between $7 and $40 than a screen that costs...well as much as a new phone! :(

Now do they "really" help if you drop it on a rock face down??? Hope I never have to find out! :confused:

My coworker found out.... The glass protector cracked which in turn caused the screen to crack.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I doubt that the screen protector "caused" the screen to crack! Whatever "caused" the protector to crack in the first place would more than likely have caused the screen to crack had the protector not been there.

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

I doubt that the screen protector "caused" the screen to crack! Whatever "caused" the protector to crack in the first place would more than likely have caused the screen to crack had the protector not been there.

I wouldn't have said it, if I had thought it would have cracked on its own. The tempered glass is definitely want damaged the phones glass.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Skinomi skintech tempered glass has a halo all the way around and doesnt adhere well to the bottom near the speaker. Returning it today.

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Skinomi skintech tempered glass has a halo all the way around and doesnt adhere well to the bottom near the speaker. Returning it today.

I ordered one from them but its on backorder...looks like I'll be cancelling it.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: 2D Glass Screen Protectors: Found Any?

What's a 2D glass screen protector?

One that flows with the glass of the screen. Notice how the screen on the XPE rolls off the sides?

Some screen protectors are made to fit these sides. Like the iPhone.

Moto XPE

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
One that flows with the glass of the screen. Notice how the screen on the XPE rolls off the sides?

Some screen protectors are made to fit these sides. Like the iPhone.

Moto XPE

I think you're referring to 2.5D tempered glass. The 2.5D is the curve that's cut along the edges of the glass so it's not a flat edge that is prone to chipping. It doesn't refer to it matching the curve of the actual glass on the phone. Nowadays most are cut with a 2.5D edge, but early on when they first started to come out, there were quite a few with flat edges.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style)

I ordered this one, not tempered glass though. I had this one on my moto x 2nd gen but the case I had on it kept messing the screen protector up. Not planning on using a case with my Pure so giving this one another shot. It has a nice feel to it and no added glare or anything like that.

Skinomi® TechSkin - Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Ultra High Definition Invisible & Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZS34XX...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4677763

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style)

Isn't screen protectors defeating the purpose of the water resistance

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85