Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Good tempered glass protector?

I have used several glass screen protectors over the years. They are usually much more expensive for the name brand ones, but these might be as good. I would rather accidentally scratch a protector that costs between $7 and $40 than a screen that costs...well as much as a new phone! :(

Now do they "really" help if you drop it on a rock face down??? Hope I never have to find out! :confused:

Yes, they help.
I have broken screen protectors but never the screen.
I keep a tempered glass protector on my screen.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style)

I ordered this one, not tempered glass though. I had this one on my moto x 2nd gen but the case I had on it kept messing the screen protector up. Not planning on using a case with my Pure so giving this one another shot. It has a nice feel to it and no added glare or anything like that.

Skinomi® TechSkin - Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Ultra High Definition Invisible & Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZS34XX...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4678204

Posted via the Android Central App
See my review above. It doesn't even stay down on the top and bottom, plus the sides don't stay down because of the curved glass.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Because I was pretty sure the tempered glass would be a fail I also ordered these traditional screen protectors. They work just fine until a good tempered glass comes out.

iLLumiShield - Motorola Moto X Pure Edition / Style Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality Invisible Shield - Lifetime Warranty - [3-Pack] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZS2HKQ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4678230

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

See my review above. It doesn't even stay down on the top and bottom, plus the sides don't stay down because of the curved glass.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

You said the skinomi tempered glass right? The one that I got isn't tempered glass.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Ah my bad

I did have that problem with the 2nd gen X and this protector though. My supcase would always roll the edges up and trashed the protector.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I ordered screen protectors. Thanks for the links above. I think they are worth it to prevent scratches. In my experience, you can't scratch a screen with keys, knives, screws, or power drills. Wipe some fingerprints off with a cotton T-shirt and the screen is scratched to hell. LOL! Why is this? Anyway, screen protectors are worth it to me so I can wipe away fingerprints with my shirt.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I ordered screen protectors. Thanks for the links above. I think they are worth it to prevent scratches. In my experience, you can't scratch a screen with keys, knives, screws, or power drills. Wipe some fingerprints off with a cotton T-shirt and the screen is scratched to hell. LOL! Why is this? Anyway, screen protectors are worth it to me so I can wipe away fingerprints with my shirt.
Probably little bits of sand or something like that. Sand will still scratch gorilla glass.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

This bites. I was really hoping it would have a perfectly flat screen. Love how tempered glass protectors fits so nicely when the screen is perfectly flat. That halo effect bugged me on my Note 4.

jdk606o

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

I have a klear cut glass protector, just waiting for my device to come in. I'll let you know if there is any halo.

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Skinomi skintech tempered glass has a halo all the way around and doesnt adhere well to the bottom near the speaker. Returning it today.

Same thing happened to me for the iLLumiShield HD 2-Pack.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Anyone ever try the Incipio Plex glass protectors? It is pricey but I don't mind paying if it's a high quality product from a reputable company.

Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Glass Screen Protector | Incipio

I've used their other products and found them to be of the highest quality. I don't have any doubt this screen protector is anything less. Thanks for the link. Immediately ordered one. I'll post a follow-up when I receive it.

Posted via Android Central App

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I've used their other products and found them to be of the highest quality. I don't have any doubt this screen protector is anything less. Thanks for the link. Immediately ordered one. I'll post a follow-up when I receive it.

Posted via Android Central App

I just ordered one too along with a case. I always get nervous putting those glass screen protectors on correctly, I'm hoping the applicator makes it a lot easier to install.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

I just ordered one too along with a case. I always get nervous putting those glass screen protectors on correctly, I'm hoping the applicator makes it a lot easier to install.

for $35 i would be nervous too

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

They're actually easier to apply than the film ones. And this one claims to have an easier application method. We'll see.

jdk606o

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

Just an FYI, I got my phone today and put on the klear cut glass and there is NO halo on the borders.. fits like a glove.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Installed the glass Illumishield hd (2 pack) protector yesterday and it doesn't completely stay down on one side. I centered it dead center from what I can tell. The glass does feel good and I've had no issue with touch screen responsiveness. I'll put the second one on in a few days and see if I can get it to stay down better.

AN1MEN1AC

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Glass doesn't scratch. And most screens crack when a device is dropped on and edge or corner. I never used a screen protector on any of my phones but have used a simple plastic case. Every phone I've had after taken out of the case in 2 years looked "out of the box" new. Even the screen with no protection, Just rubbing it on my pants leg (thigh) and it's clean as a whistle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos