Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style)

Just an FYI, I got my phone today and put on the klear cut glass and there is NO halo on the borders.. fits like a glove.

Posted via the Android Central App
Could you link the one you bought please.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

Those who bought the Incipio PLEX, please report back when you get a chance. Thanks

wctaylor79

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

Totally want to hear feed back on incipio plex. Have skinomi glass.. Doesn't stay on bottom at all and halo around.. Don't mind spending more money on plex one if it works.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

While waiting for a good tempered glass protector, I bought a ILLUMI AquaShield (2-Pack) Screen Protector on Amazon. It is a wet application, went on perfectly and looks real good. I've only had it for a day, but no bubbles. Should hold me over until a glass one comes out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4692442

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I received the Incipio glass screen protector today. It comes with an alignment tool that really make applying it easy and error free. It may cost a lot more than others, but it's worth it.

Last edited:

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I received the Incipio glass screen protector today. It comes with an alignment tool that really make applying it easy and error free. It may cost a lot more than others, but it's worth it.

Cool! I am expecting mine to arrive tomorrow. I'll report back.

Chill145

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

Are you able to post pictures? Thinking of ordering but like you said price is high

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I commented on the Illumishield hd glass screen protectors in an earlier post. I stated that it did not stay down on one side. I was just emailed by the company who makes Illumishield and they said that they made a mistake on the fit. They are sending me out the new version free of charge. I have not contacted them through amazon or anywhere else. It looks like they read the reviews and decided to make it right. I'll update after receiving them.

pinoymutt5

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

For those that got the Incipio Plex -- I read that it's slightly different than tempered glass. Can you guys confirm/deny this, and let us know the fit/feeling?

Really interested in this as well.

wctaylor79

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

Any word on how it looks? Pics? About to throw down and next day air, but wanting to be sure. They don't accept returns on open products. Thanks in advance.

pinoymutt

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

Any word on how it looks? Pics? About to throw down and next day air, but wanting to be sure. They don't accept returns on open products. Thanks in advance.

BUMP -- I'm interested to know this as well -- AND more importantly, does it go on without any of the halo effects that the regular tempered screen protectors seem to be having

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I got mine but won't install it until my 14 day return policy is up at Best Buy. I will say the Incipio case fits well though. I will take picks when I get it installed at the end of the week.

pinoymutt

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

I got this email earlier from Incipio in response to a question I asked them about the Flex:

===BEGIN===
Thank you for your inquiry into Incpio.com

We can confirm that all of our Plex Screen Protectors are actually tempered glass and not a film. However, the material the glass the protector is made of allows for the protector to form to the screen. We have not received any negative feedback regarding the "halo" effect that you mentioned. However if you are not completely satisfied with the product, we will be happy to issue a full refund if purchased through Incipio and is within 30-days of purchase.

We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Bryan D| Customer Service Team
Incipio | BRAVEN | TAVIK | iGO
===END===

So it looks like you may still be able to try it and return it if it sucks (probably won't get reimbursed on the overnight shipping though...)

whitevic

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

I placed an order with Bemz, on Amazon. I hated the cutout appearance that most screen protectors appear to have. This one does not appear to have the cut outs at the top or bottom, which will hopefully reduce the likelihood that there will be adhesion problems, like some of the others. Also, it is a three pack, in case of an installation error or breakage.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I commented on the Illumishield hd glass screen protectors in an earlier post. I stated that it did not stay down on one side. I was just emailed by the company who makes Illumishield and they said that they made a mistake on the fit. They are sending me out the new version free of charge. I have not contacted them through amazon or anywhere else. It looks like they read the reviews and decided to make it right. I'll update after receiving them.

Skinomi did the same thing. I have an "updated" replacement for their PET protector headed my way, totally unprompted by me (which, after reading this, makes me think they are getting them from the same supplier).

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

My (holy crud) $35 incipio screen protector arrives tomorrow. I'll post pics and my opinion of it.

Abe CastDrums

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

Okay, so after reading through this thread, i still have no idea what tempered glass to get. I just ordered my Moto X Pure and an i-Blason Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case and need something that will fit the phone well with a case on it. If anyone here could help me out, that would be amazing. Thanks

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I got my Incipio "flexible glass screen protector". It doesn't feel like tempered glass, it feels like a thick version of the cheap plastic screen protectors. It's not particularly fingerprint resistant.

But the fit is perfect, and the installation guide works great. It's not worth $35 though. Maybe $15-20 because it includes a plastic guide? But it feels no better than the cheap Illumishield 3-pack I bought from amazon.

Bottom line: If you want an easy way to *perfectly* install a cheap plastic screen protector, this will do it. But you could also save $25 and get a 3 pack of what is essentially the same thing on Amazon and just be more careful installing it.

What's in the box
1box.jpg

The guide installed on my phone
2guide.jpg

Screen protector laying in the guide
3inguide.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics