Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style)

Okay, so after reading through this thread, i still have no idea what tempered glass to get. I just ordered my Moto X Pure and an i-Blason Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case and need something that will fit the phone well with a case on it. If anyone here could help me out, that would be amazing. Thanks

I have this one. Fits well - so-so on fingerprints. Case friendly.

Amazon.com: Moto X Pure Edition Tempered Glass Screen Protector - Fosmon TOUCH 0.26mm ULTRA THIN (Shatter Proof | Oleophobic Coating) HD Clear Glass Screen Protector for Motorola Moto X Pure Edition - 1 Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

Connor Slack

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

I know on Amazon it says a lot of screen protectors are not in stock/will be available on a certain day. But I got my Moto X Pure on the 22nd, ordered a Skinomi TechGlass screen protector and a case on Amazon and the screen protector came today.
So heads up, if you order one don't be surprised if it comes early. Amazon is still showing it's expected arrival is Oct 13th-15th when I already got it.
As far as how the one I got looks, looks awesome, feels awesome, was super easy to put on, no issue whatsoever with it yet at least.Screenshot_2015-09-25-15-44-30.jpg

pinoymutt

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

You were lucky with the Skinomi one. I got mine yesterday and halos all around and the lower left corner didn't stick. When I contacted their customer support they said that they have had a hard time getting the tempered one for the Moto X Pure right and would be discontinuing it. She offered to refund my money instead of sending me a new one.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Just installed my second "Super Shieldz" tempered glass protector purchased from Amazon. Doesn't fir good, and doesn't stick down on the top right at all. Pure junk! Seems that it's getting harder all the time to find a good tempered glass screen protector.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I tried the, IQ Shield Tempered Glass . Anyhow it didn't stick on the corner ,side. Removed it.
They said it must have been defective and sending out another one. I just have a backup regular screen protector on it right now

From my Moto X PE. (64GB)

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

I bought the Incipio glass screen protector and had Best Buy install it and it fits and works great.

pinoymutt

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

I bought the Incipio glass screen protector and had Best Buy install it and it fits and works great.

Just curious, did you buy the protector from BBY, or did you order it directly from Incipio and did BBY charge you to put it on?

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

Just curious, did you buy the protector from BBY, or did you order it directly from Incipio and did BBY charge you to put it on?

I bought directly from Incipio. BB didn't charge me since I am a regular customer but it would have cost $8.99

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

I tried the, IQ Shield Tempered Glass . Anyhow it didn't stick on the corner ,side. Removed it.
They said it must have been defective and sending out another one. I just have a backup regular screen protector on it right now

From my Moto X PE. (64GB)

I received the iq as well, and it is a great screen protector. I've tried a few other tempered glass ones on my 2013, and I think this iq is better than any other I've tried. Hopefully your replacement works for you.

I can't remember all I tried, but I know the best one I ended up going with was the i-BLASON for my 2013. This is very comparable, but seemed to go on easier, more accurate and the glass seems great (few fingerprints, greater touch sensitivity, and very very smooth).

Overall, I prefer the glass of the IQ more than the screen naked.

Posted via the Android Central App

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if you cut out the built in screen protector from the i-Blason Armorbox Dual Layer case if you could then put on something like the IQ Shield ballistic glass screen protector? I currently have a Galaxy S4 with an Otterbox defender case with the built in protector and honestly hate it. It's too easy for dirt to get under the protector. So I'd like to avoid that if I upgrade to this phone.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know if you cut out the built in screen protector from the i-Blason Armorbox Dual Layer case if you could then put on something like the IQ Shield ballistic glass screen protector? I currently have a Galaxy S4 with an Otterbox defender case with the built in protector and honestly hate it. It's too easy for dirt to get under the protector. So I'd like to avoid that if I upgrade to this phone.
Yes, you can remove it and use your own

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I got the Supershieldz and then all the sudden saw all the bad reviews after installing mine. Luckily, I have the exact opposite experience... It fits fine, looks perfect, and is the first time in the history of having devices with screens that I've ever managed to get a screen protector on without a single bubble. I'm happy.

Mississip

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

I placed an order with Bemz, on Amazon. I hated the cutout appearance that most screen protectors appear to have. This one does not appear to have the cut outs at the top or bottom, which will hopefully reduce the likelihood that there will be adhesion problems, like some of the others. Also, it is a three pack, in case of an installation error or breakage.

I'd appreciate it if you could share whether you were able to get a perfect installation with the protectors from Bemz. Also, did your box include the alcohol swab and glass buttons listed on the contents? These are missing from mine.

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I got the Supershieldz and then all the sudden saw all the bad reviews after installing mine. Luckily, I have the exact opposite experience... It fits fine, looks perfect, and is the first time in the history of having devices with screens that I've ever managed to get a screen protector on without a single bubble. I'm happy.

I bought the Supershieldz one as well. It did bubble up on the edges when paired with the included bumper. However, when I matched it up with my new SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle case, it fits perfectly. Not a bad protector at all, but does attract finger prints. I may try a tempered glass one in the future, but this one works fine too.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I bought the Supershieldz one as well. It did bubble up on the edges when paired with the included bumper. However, when I matched it up with my new SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle case, it fits perfectly. Not a bad protector at all, but does attract finger prints. I may try a tempered glass one in the future, but this one works fine too.
Yes after a couple days I can now say, its definitely a finger print magnet. I guess that's not the worst thing, as long as it does its job and protects the screen :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Finally got my Pure up and running with an Incipio case and Incipio Plex screen protector. Screen protector went on easy and I am very happy with it. It is thinner then any other glass protector I used. It does seem like plastic but Incipio insists it is glass. $34 is kind of steep for it but it is easy to put on because of the installation bumper.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I'd appreciate it if you could share whether you were able to get a perfect installation with the protectors from Bemz. Also, did your box include the alcohol swab and glass buttons listed on the contents? These are missing from mine.
Don't buy from Bems. The protector has poor adhesion and it's the same cutouts as all of the other cheap protectors, the fact that they have a picture showing minimal cutouts is false advertising. You might as well buy from all the other small name companies for less money; you'll get the same product. Also, no alcohol swab in mine, just the protector and a cheap cloth glass cleaner.

Fj Abraham

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

My PE is on the way.

Sure do wish someone would find a glass protector that works well. I may have to resort to the old standby film type.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I received the iq as well, and it is a great screen protector. I've tried a few other tempered glass ones on my 2013, and I think this iq is better than any other I've tried. Hopefully your replacement works for you.

I can't remember all I tried, but I know the best one I ended up going with was the i-BLASON for my 2013. This is very comparable, but seemed to go on easier, more accurate and the glass seems great (few fingerprints, greater touch sensitivity, and very very smooth).

Overall, I prefer the glass of the IQ more than the screen naked.

Posted via the Android Central App

They are sending me a refund . They never offered to send me a replacement after all.
I guess I misunderstood,or they changed their mind .Just got the other email of saying they would refund money

This was the first glass screen protector that never worked out . I have installed 3 tempered glass screen protectors in the past on other phones.

Last edited:

MaxGA

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

I've tried three different brands of tempered glass screen protectors for my phone and the iLLumiShied screen protector is one of the few glass screen protectors for the Moto X Pure that seems to stay down against the screen properly around the edges. I believe that is because the phone screen curves down slightly at the edges and this protector is cut back further from the edges in order to avoid the curved portion of the screen. (I heard comments from others that earlier versions of the iLLumiShied screen protector didn't fit well, but the one I received 10/10/15 did fit well.) The feel of the screen and it's repulsion of finger prints is good, but not quite as good as the Fosmon screen protector I tried earlier.

Installation of this screen protector is a bit of a pain to get perfectly aligned. It also proved difficult to keep lint and dust from between the phone and the screen protector during installation. I've heard that Incipio makes an installation guide for some of their screen protectors that snaps onto the face of the phone and insures perfect alignment during installation. That would have been especially helpful here since the iLLumiShied screen protector doesn't go all the way to the edge of the screen and since the phone screen curves down slightly at the edges. I used a long piece of tape that hung off the top and bottom of the screen protector as tabs to hold onto as I precisely positioned the screen protector above the phone and that helped immensely. I also found that a small piece of scotch tape was useful in removing lint/dust from both the phone screen and the adhesive side of the screen protector if a small piece drifted into place during installation.

(Can't post link to product on Amazon. Not enough posts yet.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair