Moto X Pure Edition Camera

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: moto camera is really growing on me

I like the Moto Camera app as well. The focus isn't the best but it gets the job done. When taking selfies I like the fact that I can press volume down to take a picture as well. It makes holding the phone easier.

TqSu

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

I like the Moto Camera app as well. The focus isn't the best but it gets the job done. When taking selfies I like the fact that I can press volume down to take a picture as well. It makes holding the phone easier.

Didn't know the volume down trick before. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I have a love hate relationship with this camera.

In the daytime I can take some awesome shots that you can zoom and zoom in on. They're just impressive

On the other hand the low light shots come out blurry just to often.

Not sure, just have to get used to this camera. I always have my daughter's G4 for low lights too lol

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

at first I wasn't too keen on the twist gesture to open the camera app, coming from an S6 I just preferred the double tap, but I must say its grown on me. I really like the camera app, would be good if they gave us an option to touch to focus, you never know, it might be something that comes with 6.0

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I have a love hate relationship with this camera.

In the daytime I can take some awesome shots that you can zoom and zoom in on. They're just impressive

On the other hand the low light shots come out blurry just to often.

Not sure, just have to get used to this camera. I always have my daughter's G4 for low lights too lol

Have you tried the night setting

DarrenCarnall

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site

I'm surprised how much I love the twist-to-open thing now! Although I do miss my Samsung's voice activated "shoot" feature. Made taking one handed pics SO much easier. I miss that more than anything.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

I like the twist gesture but I usually follow it up with two or three accidental shots before I finally get it aimed to shoot what I wanted. Probably 2/3's of my pictures are accidental blurry messes from mis-touching the screen. If they'd just not sense a touch at the extreme edge of the display to trigger the shutter it would be ok.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

at first I wasn't too keen on the twist gesture to open the camera app, coming from an S6 I just preferred the double tap, but I must say its grown on me. I really like the camera app, would be good if they gave us an option to touch to focus, you never know, it might be something that comes with 6.0

Open camera, swipe right from left bezel, scroll around until you see the finger icon and select it so it turns blue. Now you can focus with the round pointer as well as adjust brightness.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Open camera, swipe right from left bezel, scroll around until you see the finger icon and select it so it turns blue. Now you can focus with the round pointer as well as adjust brightness.

This helps but it isn't quite the same as touch to focus. You have to drag it to what you want to focus on rather than touch it which is less intuitive. You get used to it but then if you hand your phone to someone else to take a photo then they won't have a clue and focus can end up poor as a result

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

This helps but it isn't quite the same as touch to focus. You have to drag it to what you want to focus on rather than touch it which is less intuitive. You get used to it but then if you hand your phone to someone else to take a photo then they won't have a clue and focus can end up poor as a result

Yeah that was my point too - I use the circle focus tool, but it's just not the same as touch to focus. I discovered recently that only I can take decent pics with my phone, if I give it to my wife to take a pic they're mostly out of focus or blurry.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Yeah that was my point too - I use the circle focus tool, but it's just not the same as touch to focus. I discovered recently that only I can take decent pics with my phone, if I give it to my wife to take a pic they're mostly out of focus or blurry.

Download Google camera for your wife

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Touch to focus would be nice, but what they offer is the next best thing. I don't know what it's called, but it's that circle that you can drag around the screen and it focuses on whatever the circle is over. I like how easy it is to change the exposure with that.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

The camera has also grown on me - being able to adjust the exposure easily with the round slider addresses what frustrated me a lot with my old M8, the photos I'm taking at concerts are coming out much better and not blown out with the stage lighting. Also am pleased with the low light performance, it really is not bad at all, as well as doing slight zooming.in.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

This helps but it isn't quite the same as touch to focus. You have to drag it to what you want to focus on rather than touch it which is less intuitive. You get used to it but then if you hand your phone to someone else to take a photo then they won't have a clue and focus can end up poor as a result.

In some ways it's better having to drag the focus circle. You set it once where you want it and keep your framing so that your subject is in that spot, and then you can take multiple shots by touching anywhere on the screen, which won't move the focus point. Here are a couple of screen shots illustrating this feature for those who may not have found it yet. As you can see, it also adjusts the exposure for what is in the focus circle.

And whether I'm shooting with my phone or a camera, I pretty much expect that whenever I hand it to someone else, I'll get a poor result no matter what. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, though! ;-)

Screenshot_2015-11-03-13-09-27.jpg Screenshot_2015-11-03-13-09-42.jpg

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Google Camera will have the touch to focus feature even though the default camera does not?

Yes. Different camera apps work differently then each other. Welcome to the beauty of Android. Don't like something just find a app more to your liking

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes. Different camera apps work differently then each other. Welcome to the beauty of Android. Don't like something just find a app more to your liking

Can you set the Google camera be used when using the camera gesture shortcut? I believe I read it was turning your wrist a couple of times to open the camera.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Can you set the Google camera be used when using the camera gesture shortcut? I believe I read it was turning your wrist a couple of times to open the camera.

Unfortunately not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC