10-17-2015 07:21 AM
465 ... 171819
tools
    I'll try timely! Thank you!

I don't keep my phone on silent at night so I don't think that was the issue with it not going off but maybe timely will be more reliable anyway.
    Where did you have sound set? The way Google implemented sounds in 5.0 was horrible (at least to me). The combined everything together and then had these new modes and there was no way to silent all easily.
    10-16-2015 03:07 PM
    I just discovered today why my alarms weren't going off, and it's because of Google's terrible implementation of the volume settings on lollipop. As you probably discovered, the only way to set your phone to silent mode is to press "none" after you hit one of the volume buttons. However, this silences your alarms too (super smart, guys..). As an alternative, if you ever need to silence your phone, just put it in priority mode (next to "none" ). Assuming you have nobody on your priority list, your phone is effectively silenced with your alarms still active.

Luckily, the new version of Android coming out soon has reverted back to the old method of simply holding down the volume down button for silent.

Also, I highly recommend downloading Timely from the store. It is a beautiful and extremely functional alarm/stopwatch/timer app.

If this wasn't your problem, then I'm not sure how to help you! Good luck!
    I would say this was probably the issue. It took me awhile to figure out why my alarms were not working when I upgraded to 5.0 as well.
    10-16-2015 03:13 PM
    Every time I see your posts I want to watch Southpark.
    Haha .
    10-16-2015 03:25 PM
    Where did you have sound set? The way Google implemented sounds in 5.0 was horrible (at least to me). The combined everything together and then had these new modes and there was no way to silent all easily.
    The sound was on full volume. And 2 of my 4 alarms went off. It was just the first 2 that didn't.

There's always a small chance too that they actually did go off and I literally have no recollection of turning them off lol. With as obnoxious as the alarm is (which is good) it would surprise me but it's possible.
    10-16-2015 03:58 PM
    Yeah no bluetooth in my car unfortunately. My old iPhone 5 wouldn't do calls through the car speakers either until they updated the software. And it always worked on my 6+. So I'm thinking it has something to do with software that isn't allowing it to send the sound through the car speakers.

Either way it's really not a deal breaker like I said. The speaker on the phone is loud enough so I can just use that if need be. Maybe I'll get lucky and marshmallow will fix it.
    I'll have to give this a try later. I wonder if there's a difference between the heads of an aux cable and headphone cable that the phone recognizes.
    10-16-2015 04:10 PM
    The sound was on full volume. And 2 of my 4 alarms went off. It was just the first 2 that didn't.

There's always a small chance too that they actually did go off and I literally have no recollection of turning them off lol. With as obnoxious as the alarm is (which is good) it would surprise me but it's possible.
    Did you check that your alarms were set to repeat - I.e. go off on. The days you want it to. Expand the alarm and hit repeat and check the days you want them to go off.

The Google alarm is fantastic and works well for me as long as this is remembered.
    10-16-2015 07:36 PM
    Did you check that your alarms were set to repeat - I.e. go off on. The days you want it to. Expand the alarm and hit repeat and check the days you want them to go off.

The Google alarm is fantastic and works well for me as long as this is remembered.
    I don't use the repeat function at all actually. I turn them on before I go to sleep each night. Its a weird OCD thing lol.
    10-16-2015 08:07 PM
    I'll have to give this a try later. I wonder if there's a difference between the heads of an aux cable and headphone cable that the phone recognizes.
    I don't know...I can't see there really being a difference. Plus the AUX cable I'm using is the same AUX cable I used with my iPhone 6+ and the voice came through the speakers with no problem.
    10-16-2015 08:08 PM

I have done that plenty of times only to find out I have 15-30 minutes to get up showered dressed and catch the bus :P
    10-16-2015 10:44 PM
    I don't use the repeat function at all actually. I turn them on before I go to sleep each night. Its a weird OCD thing lol.
    I do this too. This way I know the alarm is on. I trust that more for some reason.
    10-16-2015 10:45 PM
    So I tested it again today and found that I am wrong sort of. It does come through the car speakers as long as I tap the speakerphone button. My iPhone did it even when it wasn't on speaker.
    10-16-2015 11:08 PM
    You don't have to apologize, I don't care what device you use. I'm happy with my Note 5, you're happy with your X. For the things important to me, camera, screen, battery life, the note 5 is better in each category.

When Samsung puts out a product this beautiful, I don't need or want to customize it. I love the glass back and the sapphire black looks great. To me, the customization is a little gimmicky. Almost all phones offer at least a black and white choice these days. All you're really doing is picking the back you like and a small accent color. Eh. A bunch of people will then throw a case on to cover it up, so what's really the point? Again, my preference. Obviously people think it's a cute idea, just not something that appeals to me.
    If your happy with your note then why are you in the course forums?? I'm happy with my dual front facing speakers, sd card and battery isn't a issue with turbo charging. Glad your happy with your twice expensive note and I would like to enjoy my xpure and as I am not in your note forums talking about my xpure,, could you possibly stay away from my pure forums? And we can just agree to disagree?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2015 11:13 PM
    10-16-2015 11:20 PM
    I do this too. This way I know the alarm is on. I trust that more for some reason.
    Me too. Glad I'm not the only one who feels compelled to set it each day rather than trust the repeat function.

Posted via the Android Central App
    VoltaicShock likes this.
    10-17-2015 02:46 AM
    I honestly never heard of this website but figured I'd take a look. The list is underwhelming. Price, not an issue for me. I think he's playing a little fast and loose with the term water resistant as the X carries neither an ATM nor IP rating. Splash proof is probably more accurate. Moto maker, kinda cheesy in my opinion. I've been with verizon for over 10 years, I couldn't care less that it works with other carriers. I did a little more looking and found this 3 days later, http://www.zdnet.com/article/nine-re...-pure-edition/

Then to top it off, your boy hit the Note 5 with a damn near perfect 9.7 on his review not even 2 weeks later. I don't even think he believes in that list you posted.

http://www.zdnet.com/product/samsung-galaxy-note-5/
    10-17-2015 07:21 AM
465 ... 171819