10-17-2015 06:21 AM
465 12345 ...
tools
    I am not seeing that with the usage described, those numbers and graph. Wifi is on and no LTE radios. That seems 3.5 hours SOT at best, but only one sample so will not cancel my order with Moto. Well, I will not as long as ships by next week. If stays in "being built" purgatory I will cancel out of spite.

Comparing battery use with others is so subjective. Objective for me since the Note 4 lasts a very long day with 30% left over at night. The Moto XP must also last an entire day as well. Must admit nothing so far with reviews or user experience suggests that will happen, but holding on until can actually test.
    well, you can't cancel your moto X, regardless of a legit reason or spite. It's too far along in the process. I guess you can refuse delivery, but might as well give it a try when it gets delivered!
    rushmore likes this.
    09-10-2015 12:42 PM
    I am not seeing that with the usage described, those numbers and graph. Wifi is on and no LTE radios. That seems 3.5 hours SOT at best, but only one sample so will not cancel my order with Moto. Well, I will not as long as ships by next week. If stays in "being built" purgatory I will cancel out of spite.

Comparing battery use with others is so subjective. Objective for me since the Note 4 lasts a very long day with 30% left over at night. The Moto XP must also last an entire day as well. Must admit nothing so far with reviews or user experience suggests that will happen, but holding on until can actually test.
    You have 14 days I believe to return the device once you receive it for a refund.
    09-10-2015 12:45 PM
    You have to get the 32 gb ($50) to get the white/champagne option, not available at the 16 gb, no other color combination is required to upgrade, taking advantage of the color combination isn't a nice thing to do to your customers, if they change this requirement I will order one, not until. RIPOFF!
    09-10-2015 12:50 PM
    I just fear that as much as I want this phone and believe me this is a phone that has caught my interest I just feel that the battery life for my use won't be good enough I hope some owners post their results and I am pleasantly surprised.
    09-10-2015 12:54 PM
    You have to get the 32 gb ($50) to get the white/champagne option, not available at the 16 gb, no other color combination is required to upgrade, taking advantage of the color combination isn't a nice thing to do to your customers, if they change this requirement I will order one, not until. RIPOFF!
    Well that means one less person I have to worry about taking my order :P
    co.ag.2005, MoPhoMan and Mel823 like this.
    09-10-2015 12:57 PM
    16gb with only 7.5gb free, which means really 6.5gb, since Lollipop needs 1gb free to behave properly is tiny even for a low app user. People are assuming M will be a card savior, but that is not a guarantee until released and that could be months away.

Seems 32gb should be the lowest option given the small available storage.
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    09-10-2015 12:58 PM
    I just fear that as much as I want this phone and believe me this is a phone that has caught my interest I just feel that the battery life for my use won't be good enough I hope some owners post their results and I am pleasantly surprised.
    I know this is subjective but I have a hard time figuring out why battery life is so crucial to everyone. Maybe it isn't such a big deal to me as I sit at a desk all day and can charge when I want. I am usually at a place where I can charge if needed. It also has turbo charge which charges up to 80% in 15 minutes (I think that's right).
    DC Wuff and Uncle Louie like this.
    09-10-2015 12:59 PM
    It's called Business. You figure out what people are going to want and use that to your advantage, sure you will loose some sales but there are a lot of people waiting for that to come back into stock.

Seems you can get this color combination at BestBuy based on the pictures.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-10-2015 01:00 PM
    I know this is subjective but I have a hard time figuring out why battery life is so crucial to everyone. Maybe it isn't such a big deal to me as I sit at a desk all day and can charge when I want. I am usually at a place where I can charge if needed. It also has turbo charge which charges up to 80% in 15 minutes (I think that's right).
    Key point is everyone is different so not all at a desk or near a charger. I am not going to use the fast charging on a fixed battery device. Nope. Perhaps in a pinch I would if absolutely needed to, but otherwise no fast charge for me. That said, given how bad battery life is for all but the i6+, millions of iPhone users agree with you
    09-10-2015 01:06 PM
    Well the answer is that I am a rep always on the road driving so apart from the car charger I don't have access to power and that is a big deal to me and that's why battery life is a important to me but not as important to you!
    09-10-2015 01:11 PM
    Well the answer is that I am a rep always on the road driving so apart from the car charger I don't have access to power and that is a big deal to me and that's why battery life is a important to me but not as important to you!
    But you are in a car? Wouldn't you just leave it plugged in while driving places?
    09-10-2015 01:13 PM
    Thanks. So no always-on power save throttle like Samsung has. Darn, my 30% remaining at the end of a long day with my Note 4 is with power save mode on. It throttles the chipset down 30% and adjusts the display as needed. I notice no performance hit with it on, but do notice the extra battery life. I only turn it off if playing emulators like N64 and PSP. I notice it when not off with those since CPU heavy apps.

BTW, if I extrapolate based on the usage noted above, that does not appear to bode well for screen on time battery life.
    You can manually enable/disable the native Android Battery Saver at any time. Your only choices for auto-enable are at 15% or 5%.
    09-10-2015 01:14 PM
    But you are in a car? Wouldn't you just leave it plugged in while driving places?
    No kidding....if you're always in the car your phone should always be at 100%.
    09-10-2015 01:26 PM
    I just put in my Verizon Nano SIM from my OG Moto X and it worked perfectly. I instantly had 4g data and received a text immediately.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-10-2015 01:38 PM
    And, yet, Apple gets away with this business model and makes money hand over fist because of it. Have you seen how much they charge for higher GB models???
    09-10-2015 01:38 PM
    well, you can't cancel your moto X, regardless of a legit reason or spite. It's too far along in the process. I guess you can refuse delivery, but might as well give it a try when it gets delivered!
    I would advice not to refuse delivery if it was shipped from china. It may go back to China and it may take awhile to get your credit back.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    MoPhoMan, co.ag.2005 and jephanie like this.
    09-10-2015 01:39 PM
    16gb with only 7.5gb free, which means really 6.5gb, since Lollipop needs 1gb free to behave properly is tiny even for a low app user. People are assuming M will be a card savior, but that is not a guarantee until released and that could be months away.

Seems 32gb should be the lowest option given the small available storage.
    Are we sure it's 7.5GB? I have seen one video say it was 7.5GB and another person on Reddit said it was 9.5GB. Either way both are low enough that I would get the 32GB but at least 9.5GB is slightly less embarassing for the 16GB model to even exist.
    09-10-2015 01:59 PM
    I have two other important work items that also need charging in the car so it isn't easy with one charging point! why can't some of you guys understand that!
    09-10-2015 02:02 PM
    I have two other important work items that also need charging in the car so it isn't easy with one charging point! why can't some of you guys understand that!
    Solved your problem

Anker 40W 5-Port USB Car Charger
    Ry, Anthony_NE, MoPhoMan and 5 others like this.
    09-10-2015 02:11 PM
    Well please ignore my earlier comments they were only tongue in cheek this seems like a good idea but if I have two or three things charging at the same time does it reduce the charge at all as opposed to just charging one item?
    09-10-2015 02:17 PM
    Well please ignore my earlier comments they were only tongue in cheek this seems like a good idea but if I have two or three things charging at the same time does it reduce the charge at all as opposed to just charging one item?
    The 8 amps get divided evenly between each device. So if you have 3 plugged in your going to get 2.667 amps per device which is still pretty good and will charge faster than any cheap charger. I live and die by Anker products...they make high quality stuff.
    DC Wuff, sangs, MazoMark and 1 others like this.
    09-10-2015 02:21 PM
    The 8 amps get divided evenly between each device. So if you have 3 plugged in your going to get 2.667 amps per device which is still pretty good and will charge faster than any cheap charger. I live and die by Anker products...they make high quality stuff.
    Thanks so much for your help I am just about to order it and I know that will really help me as I have a scanner an iPad and a work phone to charge when I am out on the road and with just the one point it just doesn't work, I wasn't really aware of this product ( I know I know what a numpty )
    Clocks and On2Vegas like this.
    09-10-2015 02:27 PM
    JUST GOT MINE as well today
    . Its 100% now. Gonna put out some pics soon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)-20150910_150422.jpg  
    Ry, diesel97, On2Vegas and 9 others like this.
    09-10-2015 02:29 PM
    Few questions since I'm not really that much in the know with specs.

I currently own a Note 4, would getting this be more of an upgrade or a downgrade? Specs seem the same to me.

My biggest worry is display. I really love that amoled display the note has. Colors are craaaazy. Now if the Moto X is just a tad crapier (but can still amazing on its own), then I have no problem continuing with my purchase! Only thing I'm really worried about with the switch basically are:

1.)Dispaly
    2.)Speed (I multitask a lot in my Note. Chrome/Facebook mainly though. No games)
    3.)Overall premium feel

Any thoughts on this? Been wanting to try stock android for awhile now. Thought now would be a good time to jump in and give it a shot.
    I'm doing the same upgrade. Won't really know until I get the phone but I expect it to be a serious upgrade, even though the specs aren't that big a difference. on paper its like a sidegrade but I truly believe that poor Samsung/TouchWiz programming has led to my god awful performance. Multitasking is a joke on my Note 4... Upwards of 10 seconds for the app switcher to open and then it has to reload the apps I reload anyway. Facebook takes 10 seconds to load every time. Camera freezes all the time. Ugh. Can't wait for the 15th :-)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    co.ag.2005 and kpope429 like this.
    09-10-2015 02:36 PM
    Charger now ordered thanks again for your help and if I don't get the x style it will really help me with work but actually this will push me more towards the x style even if the battery life isn't great as I love the phone and the size plus I haven't experienced a motorola phone before, I have had Samsung and Touchwiz!
    MRS DIVA and GeordieAffy like this.
    09-10-2015 02:37 PM
465 12345 ...