10-17-2015 07:21 AM
465 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Charger now ordered thanks again for your help and if I don't get the x style it will really help me with work but actually this will push me more towards the x style even if the battery life isn't great as I love the phone and the size plus I haven't experienced a motorola phone before, I have had Samsung and Touchwiz!
    Nice glad I could help!
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    09-10-2015 03:40 PM
    Do you have the brightness slider around 50%? Indoors mostly? I'm usually floating in the 2-2.5 SOT and 1 hour of calls in a normal day. So I guess I'm pretty optimistic with what you posted. And I assume you are still setting up, adding apps ect?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    Set at 50% brightness with Adaptive Brightness on and color mode to vibrant. I'm thinking maybe 3.5-4 hours SOT for today. We'll see.

Posted via the Android Central App
    hilgerone likes this.
    09-10-2015 03:42 PM
    I doubt most people are buying this phone expecting a battery behemoth -- it just wasn't meant to be that and we knew that due to the size of the battery. Are most users going to get a day out of it? I don't see why not honestly and with quick charging that can help ease the pain if you need a quick juice up.

I have chargers around me during the day so I am okay but the times I don't I simply bring a battery pack. I get some may not like this -- and if you're one of them you have to go with what works for you (such as a phone with a removable battery). A manufacturer can't make the perfect phone to fit every single person -- hence why there are so many. The manufacturer will always go with the works best for majority of their users.
    Ry, Wildo6882, socal and 2 others like this.
    09-10-2015 03:43 PM
    A manufacturer can't make the perfect phone to fit every single person. . .
    This.

If I have an issue with battery life of my device, perhaps I should first look at myself and how I use it. Under normal circumstances, light users will have plenty of battery life while heavy users will need to charge it by perhaps mid-day. All in all, IMO, battery life is mainly dependent on you and your usage. Surely you can't expect your device to last long if you're constantly streaming, gaming, etc. or using it constantly.

If I find myself having little battery life by mid-day and I'm a heavy user, well...I best learn to figure out a way to help myself (be it being a wall hugger, chug along a battery pack, etc.). Saying that the issue rests with the manufacturer is deflecting some of the responsibility. If battery life is important to you, find a phone that meets that particular demand. Don't buy one that doesn't.
    09-10-2015 04:05 PM
    Wondering if battery life is better than Galaxy S6? If it is, I will move immediately.
    09-10-2015 04:06 PM
    Wondering if battery life is better than Galaxy S6? If it is, I will move immediately.
    Battery life, IMO, depends on you and your usage. Someone might say that the battery life on the X Pure is horrible. The next person says that it lasts him/her the whole day. Both are right in their particular situation.
    09-10-2015 04:09 PM
    Get an S6 Active. That has phenomenal battery life.

rong21 likes this.
    09-10-2015 04:13 PM
    Battery life, IMO, depends on you and your usage. Someone might say that the battery life on the X Pure is horrible. The next person says that it lasts him/her the whole day. Both are right in their particular situation.
    That's for sure... But S6 battery is horrible... Have same resolution, but smaller battery. On the other hand, Moto X is bigger... So maybe they are equivalent.
    09-10-2015 04:14 PM
    My X Pure is getting quite hot after initial setup and transferring apps and tinkering.
    I had to put it down.

Battery fell 3℅ since setup.

Gonna check back in 30 min or so
    :/ :/

09-10-2015 04:16 PM
    I need to charge now. What I expected battery life to be. Still 7% left. Maybe another 15 minutes screen on time?

Time to test out turbo charging.

Attached Thumbnails I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)-943.jpg   I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)-942.jpg  
    09-10-2015 05:14 PM
    I need to charge now. What I expected battery life to be. Still 7% left. Maybe another 15 minutes screen on time?

Seems good to me. Looks like it was off the charger around 6am or so. That's a complete work day. If I were heading out for a drink or something, I could plug the phone in, take a shower and get dressed in around 30mins or so and be back at 50% easily.

Loving it.
    09-10-2015 05:32 PM
    Seems good to me. Looks like it was off the charger around 6am or so. That's a complete work day. If I were heading out for a drink or something, I could plug the phone in, take a shower and get dressed in around 30mins or so and be back at 50% easily.

Loving it.
    Thats what I was thinking too. If I can take it off the charger in the early morning and get through the entire work day with around that left the time spent commuting home will give me a little boost and as you said if I need to go somewhere else for an extended period of time later the turbo charger will get me back to a % that will last the rest of the day as I get ready before heading back out.
    09-10-2015 05:38 PM
    I'm always near a charger and if it has quick charge, it won't matter anyway. Batteries are a nonfactor for me. Plus you can get JuiceDefender and lower screen brightness etc etc to prevent unnecessary usage.
    09-10-2015 05:40 PM
    I'm always near a charger and if it has quick charge, it won't matter anyway. Batteries are a nonfactor for me. Plus you can get JuiceDefender and lower screen brightness etc etc to prevent unnecessary usage.
    Oh man Juice Defender. I haven't use that in years. TBT.

I do have 3 quick chargers, aukey quick charge external battery and 4 quick charge car chargers. Quick charge is awesome.

DC Wuff and kpope429 like this.
    09-10-2015 05:48 PM
    Oh man Juice Defender. I haven't use that in years. TBT.

I do have 3 quick chargers, aukey quick charge external battery and 4 quick charge car chargers. Quick charge is awesome.

Lol me either since like my first android back in 2011...I just root and usually have roms and kernels that are efficient but I will give the moto x a chance just stock unlocked and rooted initially. Have not done that in forever.
    09-10-2015 06:05 PM
    I doubt most people are buying this phone expecting a battery behemoth -- it just wasn't meant to be that and we knew that due to the size of the battery. Are most users going to get a day out of it? I don't see why not honestly and with quick charging that can help ease the pain if you need a quick juice up.

I have chargers around me during the day so I am okay but the times I don't I simply bring a battery pack. I get some may not like this -- and if you're one of them you have to go with what works for you (such as a phone with a removable battery). A manufacturer can't make the perfect phone to fit every single person -- hence why there are so many. The manufacturer will always go with the works best for majority of their users.
    I concur with this in spirit. I had hoped for at least a 3200 or 3500 mah battery (or a 1080p screen which, for me, is more than enough), but cest la vie. OTOH, I see no reason why we shouldn't expect this phone to last at least as long, if not longer, than a note 5. Same size. Similar QHD screens. Much cleaner/less cluttered OS. If it gets LESS than that device I'll consider it a bit of a disappointment, at least from a comparative standpoint. But with quick charging that would take the edge off a little.

At 4100mah, I've become spoiled with true all day, "no plug in worries" battery life. But the Moto X's are just damn fun phones to own so I ordered one anyway lol.

Posted via my Ascend Mate 7 or my "soon to be" Moto X Pure
    jephanie likes this.
    09-10-2015 07:11 PM
    Can you enable Google Now to always listen instead of Moto Voice?
    09-10-2015 07:16 PM
    No kidding....if you're always in the car your phone should always be at 100%.
    I'm a rep also, take the car to the city often and then might be away from charger for 12+ hours. plus the weekends I'm out and about.

here's the deal, can I get to a charger if I absolutely have to? sure .... but it'd be nice to go through the day not thinking about it, or having to be inconvenienced. I'd pay the premium and would certainly sacrifice thinness for a fat battery.
    rushmore, bpe4 and codeda like this.
    09-10-2015 07:43 PM

That IMO is not good, but again just my opinion considering I am out for over twelve hours and not a lot of times in places to charge. Looking forward to testing. The key to me is convenience and not carrying around a charger/power source or wondering of a charging stop. The Note 4 is the first device that has spoiled me in that regard. None the less, I will test the Pure and hope for a comparative surprise Whenever mine actually arrives.....
    09-10-2015 08:03 PM
    Thanks for all the useful info, mate. This is the phone I'm most interested about to replace my Moto G (my first Android phone).
    It's either this one, or if something goes wrong in the reviews I might go with the OnePlus 2 or even an iPhone. But this is my first choice, if all reviews turn out clean.
    09-10-2015 08:07 PM
    My X Pure is getting quite hot after initial setup and transferring apps and tinkering.
    I had to put it down.

Battery fell 3℅ since setup.

Gonna check back in 30 min or so
    :/ :/

Others have noted this as well.
    09-10-2015 08:15 PM
    I'm pleased with the feel, coming from the droid maxx. But I can't go any bigger and use one handed. It can get ridiculously bright. So far so good.
    09-10-2015 09:15 PM
    I'm pleased with the feel, coming from the droid maxx. But I can't go any bigger and use one handed. It can get ridiculously bright. So far so good.
    Same. I refuse to go bigger than this.

09-10-2015 09:18 PM
    has anybody recieved their leather back phone yet ? I'm wondering what it feels like
    09-10-2015 09:19 PM
    Vis a vis Hot Spot: does it phone home to your carrier to see if hotspot is approved? One 2014 phone, I can't recall if it was Moto X 2 or the Nexus 6, actually checked in with your carrier. I couldn't use it on AT&T.

FYI, if you have the AT&T unlimited data plan grandfathered n from way back at the original iPhone launch, you simply cannot add hotspot to your account. They don't allow it unless you change your data plan. That's why an 'unlocked' hotspot capabiity is important to me.
    I HIGHLY doubt there is no "subscription check" for the hotspot feature. Even without the phone/software needing to be approved by the carriers, I imagine there still has to be a feature check. Have you looked at a Nexus? Does the Nexus have the feature check? If it does, so does this phone.
    09-10-2015 09:56 PM
465 ... 23456 ...