10-17-2015 06:21 AM
465 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I HIGHLY doubt there is no "subscription check" for the hotspot feature. Even without the phone/software needing to be approved by the carriers, I imagine there still has to be a feature check. Have you looked at a Nexus? Does the Nexus have the feature check? If it does, so does this phone.
    Actually, I just checked. The 2014 Moto X Pure hotspot works fine without carrier subscription. It was surprisingly enough the Nexus 6 which didn't allow me to use it. Hopefully the 2015 Moto X follows suit.
    09-10-2015 10:24 PM
    I HIGHLY doubt there is no "subscription check" for the hotspot feature. Even without the phone/software needing to be approved by the carriers, I imagine there still has to be a feature check. Have you looked at a Nexus? Does the Nexus have the feature check? If it does, so does this phone.
    I bought a Nexus 6 through TMO, completely identical to the ones purchased from Google and Moto.

I used it with Verizon and it absolutely has a subscription check, so I am sure the Moto Pure will too.
    09-10-2015 10:32 PM
    Coming from a Note 4 here. In terms of display, will I be downgrading myself or upgrading myself? DIsplay kinda matters to me. Haha! (preordered it still anyway, just curious)
    project.in.process likes this.
    09-10-2015 10:40 PM
    Coming from a Note 4 here. In terms of display, will I be downgrading myself or upgrading myself? DIsplay kinda matters to me. Haha! (preordered it still anyway, just curious)
    I doubt screen will be better than Note 4. If that your top priority, I would stick with super amoled.
    09-10-2015 10:57 PM
    Can you enable Google Now to always listen instead of Moto Voice?
    You can use Google now but it won't work when the screen is off. If you want voice control when the screen is off you have to use moto voice. I know its annoying. I think the nexus and iPhone 6s are the only ones that can use their voice assistants when the screen is off natively (siri and Google now respectively).

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 12:02 AM
    God damn, I'm jealous. :P

I'm considering having my mom switch to this from her crapping-out Lenovo Vibe X. Think it's any good?
    09-11-2015 02:03 AM
    yup
    09-11-2015 03:51 AM
    And, yet, Apple gets away with this business model and makes money hand over fist because of it. Have you seen how much they charge for higher GB models???
    I think OP is bent that you can't get the white/champagne unless you step up to 32GB. To my knowledge, you can get any color you want at any size for the iPhone...
    09-11-2015 04:50 AM
    I think OP is bent that you can't get the white/champagne unless you step up to 32GB. To my knowledge, you can get any color you want at any size for the iPhone...
    ...as long as its the new iPhone. :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2015 06:15 AM
    As others have done, popped in my Verizon SIM from my droid Maxx and it was instantly recognized.
    ibcop likes this.
    09-11-2015 07:04 AM
    Unless yoiu are an ultra low app user the small available space on the 16GB seems way low when $50 more gives you more space. That is unless you do not mind waiting months for M to be released and assuming it works as the betas do (Lollipop had card function and was removed for public release).
    09-11-2015 07:21 AM
    From what I've read, Samsung (and LG, I think) keeps the best/latest display tech for their own devices. Other OEMs they supply usually get last gen displays. At least that's what I've gathered. Could be wrong. Screens still look great though.
    09-11-2015 08:43 AM
    64gb black/ash wood

Vibrate motor is nice. I disliked the one in the nexus 6

Size and weight feel great

GPS locked quickly

Ash wood picks up fingerprints/smudges easily (since I'm going caseless I also ordered a slate back which will be here next week, not sure which I'm keeping)
    09-11-2015 10:52 AM
    Yeah I had a feeling it would pick fingerprints easily shame.
    09-11-2015 11:31 AM
    64gb black/ash wood

Vibrate motor is nice. I disliked the one in the nexus 6

Size and weight feel great

GPS locked quickly

Ash wood picks up fingerprints/smudges easily (since I'm going caseless I also ordered a slate back which will be here next week, not sure which I'm keeping)
    The black ash wood?

I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)-moto-x-pure-edition.png

EDIT: Aww, snap - never mind - I saw the black assh label at the top of your post. What a bummer on the fingerprint thing.
    09-11-2015 11:48 AM
    I popped my SIM in from my droid Maxx. Initially it worked, but then didn't. Then went to a corporate store that swore there was nothing they can do. Will next try an authorized retailer. GRRRRRR!

Sent from my XT1080
    09-11-2015 12:11 PM
    I got mine and I LOVE it .. I can confirm it comes with the Turbo Charger (25).

I must say having unlimited data is paying off right now .. I can sit at work and download all of my stuff via LTE .

Pics of phone / stuff - http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4676923

Storage (64 GB) after 50 or so apps installed - http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4677116
    Ry, jephanie and socal like this.
    09-11-2015 12:23 PM
    Unless yoiu are an ultra low app user the small available space on the 16GB seems way low when $50 more gives you more space. That is unless you do not mind waiting months for M to be released and assuming it works as the betas do (Lollipop had card function and was removed for public release).
    I agree, and didn't mind paying $100 to bump up to 64 gb, but I am sure Moto wanted to maintain the sub-$400 starting price point.

However, I think any future models should start at 32 GB. Moto may have also figured they could skimp, since it includes an SD card slot.
    09-11-2015 12:34 PM
    The black ash wood?

EDIT: Aww, snap - never mind - I saw the black assh label at the top of your post. What a bummer on the fingerprint thing.
    It's not like the Nexus 5 where you could breath on it and write your name practically. But I was cooking and had a touch of moisture on my hand and when I looked at the back of the phone you could see every finger print until I wiped it off. It's not craaaazy, but it doesn't hide them either. Sort of like the matte black diztronic cases if you've had one.
    09-11-2015 12:34 PM
    Few questions since I'm not really that much in the know with specs.

I currently own a Note 4, would getting this be more of an upgrade or a downgrade? Specs seem the same to me.

My biggest worry is display. I really love that amoled display the note has. Colors are craaaazy. Now if the Moto X is just a tad crapier (but can still amazing on its own), then I have no problem continuing with my purchase! Only thing I'm really worried about with the switch basically are:

1.)Dispaly
    2.)Speed (I multitask a lot in my Note. Chrome/Facebook mainly though. No games)
    3.)Overall premium feel

Any thoughts on this? Been wanting to try stock android for awhile now. Thought now would be a good time to jump in and give it a shot.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Been on the Note 4 since it was first available, but am now wanting to try "stock". I agree with you in regards to loving the Note 4 screen, but I can't see where it would be so much of a difference that I couldn't live with it. I went ahead and ordered one last night and I can't wait to get this thing in hand. It's supposed to be here on Sept. 16th!!!
    09-11-2015 12:39 PM
    I popped my SIM in from my droid Maxx. Initially it worked, but then didn't. Then went to a corporate store that swore there was nothing they can do. Will next try an authorized retailer. GRRRRRR!

Sent from my XT1080
    I've had the same thing happen before. Sometimes when I am swapping sims, the system will automatically suspend the line, as if it thinks it was stolen.

If you login to your Verizon Wireless account what device is on your line and is the line itself suspended?
    09-11-2015 12:39 PM
    I agree, and didn't mind paying $100 to bump up to 64 gb, but I am sure Moto wanted to maintain the sub-$400 starting price point.

However, I think any future models should start at 32 GB. Moto may have also figured they could skimp, since it includes an SD card slot.
    Especially since it appears all three devices are shorted up to 4GB based on allocation reports out of box. Not adding up.
    09-11-2015 12:53 PM
    How quickly does Motorola get there updates? For some reason I remember the moto x getting there lollipop shortly after the nexus devices before htc,lg,Samsung.
    09-11-2015 12:54 PM
    How quickly does Motorola get there updates? For some reason I remember the moto x getting there lollipop shortly after the nexus devices before htc,lg,Samsung.
    Usually pretty quick. There was one instance were the 2013 got the update before two of the Nexus devices.
    09-11-2015 01:11 PM
    Does anyone know why the Redbox app will not work, says "your device isn't compatible with this version"
    09-11-2015 01:33 PM
465 ... 34567 ...