I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)

This thread would be really rocking soon if they would just get the damn champagne frame back in stock!!! :mad:

I think I have given up on getting that version. Though it looks like Bestbuy 32GB version is the White & Champagne.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

A few questions for the OP :)

1. Is there a power saving option like Samsung has that cuts power use some? Not talking about ultra power saver mode that shuts most things down, but Samsung has a mode that throttles the chipset about 30% and display attributes some to help battery life. One of the few Samsung add-ons I actually find useful and usually leave on.

2. Can you turn the shake and motion sensors off?

3. How is brightness at 30%? I am hoping part of the battery issues noted in reviews is relative brightness when they tested at 50%.

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

A few questions for the OP :)

1. Is there a power saving option like Samsung has that cuts power use some? Not talking about ultra power saver mode that shuts most things down, but Samsung has a mode that throttles the chipset about 30% and display attributes some to help battery life. One of the few Samsung add-ons I actually find useful and usually leave on.

2. Can you turn the shake and motion sensors off?

3. How is brightness at 30%? I am hoping part of the battery issues noted in reviews is relative brightness when they tested at 50%.

Not the OP but...

1. Yes Battery Saver mode can be enabled at 15% or 5%.

2. Yes

3. 30% looks dim to me. But that's all subjective.

Battery life at 100% wifi with 1 hour phone calls.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 941.jpg
    941.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 684
  • 940.jpg
    940.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 681

monofurioso

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

Vis a vis Hot Spot: does it phone home to your carrier to see if hotspot is approved? One 2014 phone, I can't recall if it was Moto X 2 or the Nexus 6, actually checked in with your carrier. I couldn't use it on AT&T.

FYI, if you have the AT&T unlimited data plan grandfathered n from way back at the original iPhone launch, you simply cannot add hotspot to your account. They don't allow it unless you change your data plan. That's why an 'unlocked' hotspot capabiity is important to me.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. So no always-on power save throttle like Samsung has. Darn, my 30% remaining at the end of a long day with my Note 4 is with power save mode on. It throttles the chipset down 30% and adjusts the display as needed. I notice no performance hit with it on, but do notice the extra battery life. I only turn it off if playing emulators like N64 and PSP. I notice it when not off with those since CPU heavy apps.

BTW, if I extrapolate based on the usage noted above, that does not appear to bode well for screen on time battery life.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Not the OP but...

2. Yes

So that would be just over 4 hours of screen on time, with the battery lasting about 14 hours with 2 hours of phone calls and whatever else you did in the first 7 hours of the day.

4 hours SOT is what I'm hoping for and a 'full day' of me using the device for 4 hours and having it last from 7am to 9pm sounds great to me. Hopefully I see similar results.

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Not the OP but...

2. Yes

Do you have the brightness slider around 50%? Indoors mostly? I'm usually floating in the 2-2.5 SOT and 1 hour of calls in a normal day. So I guess I'm pretty optimistic with what you posted. And I assume you are still setting up, adding apps ect?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Do you have the brightness slider around 50%? Indoors mostly? I'm usually floating in the 2-2.5 SOT and 1 hour of calls in a normal day. So I guess I'm pretty optimistic with what you posted. And I assume you are still setting up, adding apps ect?

I am not seeing that with the usage described, those numbers and graph. Wifi is on and no LTE radios. That seems 3.5 hours SOT at best, but only one sample so will not cancel my order with Moto. Well, I will not as long as ships by next week. If stays in "being built" purgatory I will cancel out of spite.

Comparing battery use with others is so subjective. Objective for me since the Note 4 lasts a very long day with 30% left over at night. The Moto XP must also last an entire day as well. Must admit nothing so far with reviews or user experience suggests that will happen, but holding on until can actually test.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

The problem I might find with this lovely phone which I really want is that I like a bright screen as at present my Xperia Z3 is at about 75% brightness and it has a nice bright display but there is no way I can have a phone and have to have a dim screen or run it at 50% brightness as that is a waste of time for me so the question is what sot will this phone get with the screen nice and bright, my G3 got 3 hours sot which I thought was poor! I want this phone but I just fear the battery life will be poor if I have the screen bright.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I am not seeing that with the usage described, those numbers and graph. Wifi is on and no LTE radios. That seems 3.5 hours SOT at best, but only one sample so will not cancel my order with Moto. Well, I will not as long as ships by next week. If stays in "being built" purgatory I will cancel out of spite.

Comparing battery use with others is so subjective. Objective for me since the Note 4 lasts a very long day with 30% left over at night. The Moto XP must also last an entire day as well. Must admit nothing so far with reviews or user experience suggests that will happen, but holding on until can actually test.

well, you can't cancel your moto X, regardless of a legit reason or spite. It's too far along in the process. I guess you can refuse delivery, but might as well give it a try when it gets delivered!

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

You have 14 days I believe to return the device once you receive it for a refund.

Ron Perkins

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition impressions

You have to get the 32 gb ($50) to get the white/champagne option, not available at the 16 gb, no other color combination is required to upgrade, taking advantage of the color combination isn't a nice thing to do to your customers, if they change this requirement I will order one, not until. RIPOFF!

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I just fear that as much as I want this phone and believe me this is a phone that has caught my interest I just feel that the battery life for my use won't be good enough :( I hope some owners post their results and I am pleasantly surprised.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

You have to get the 32 gb ($50) to get the white/champagne option, not available at the 16 gb, no other color combination is required to upgrade, taking advantage of the color combination isn't a nice thing to do to your customers, if they change this requirement I will order one, not until. RIPOFF!

Well that means one less person I have to worry about taking my order :p

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

16gb with only 7.5gb free, which means really 6.5gb, since Lollipop needs 1gb free to behave properly is tiny even for a low app user. People are assuming M will be a card savior, but that is not a guarantee until released and that could be months away.

Seems 32gb should be the lowest option given the small available storage.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I just fear that as much as I want this phone and believe me this is a phone that has caught my interest I just feel that the battery life for my use won't be good enough :( I hope some owners post their results and I am pleasantly surprised.

I know this is subjective but I have a hard time figuring out why battery life is so crucial to everyone. Maybe it isn't such a big deal to me as I sit at a desk all day and can charge when I want. I am usually at a place where I can charge if needed. It also has turbo charge which charges up to 80% in 15 minutes (I think that's right).

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

It's called Business. You figure out what people are going to want and use that to your advantage, sure you will loose some sales but there are a lot of people waiting for that to come back into stock.

Seems you can get this color combination at BestBuy based on the pictures.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I know this is subjective but I have a hard time figuring out why battery life is so crucial to everyone. Maybe it isn't such a big deal to me as I sit at a desk all day and can charge when I want. I am usually at a place where I can charge if needed. It also has turbo charge which charges up to 80% in 15 minutes (I think that's right).

Key point is everyone is different so not all at a desk or near a charger. I am not going to use the fast charging on a fixed battery device. Nope. Perhaps in a pinch I would if absolutely needed to, but otherwise no fast charge for me. That said, given how bad battery life is for all but the i6+, millions of iPhone users agree with you ;)

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Well the answer is that I am a rep always on the road driving so apart from the car charger I don't have access to power and that is a big deal to me and that's why battery life is a important to me but not as important to you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie