I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)

I have had mine for about half a day coming from a note 4. So far so good. The screen is much brighter than my note and I personally like the screen better. Can't really say anything about battery life yet. It definitely has a nice feel to it and although it's not as premium as the new notes or iphones I like it. I believe I had 7.7gb available when I turned it on

Yut Kill

Which is in comparison almost 2gb less than the other non Pure bloat monsters. Something is not adding up with Moto devices. The 64gb is missing 5gb and has that much less storage than the Note 5 64gb which is another bloat monster. Seems Moto has screwed something up.

The 32gb has 2gb less than the bloat monster Note 5.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)

I was not able to activate my phone on Verizon today. I'm really disappointed! I called Motorola and they said it was a known issue and I had to wait. I requested an RMA number. What else could I do?

Posted via the Android Central App

That stinks! Hope it gets resolved quickly for you! Let us know when you get up and running and if you find out anything about the issue.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Which is in comparison almost 2gb less than the other non Pure bloat monsters. Something is not adding up with Moto devices. The 64gb is missing 5gb and has that much less storage than the Note 5 64gb which is another bloat monster. Seems Moto has screwed something up.

That is really strange, I am planning on a 32gb Style so what will be left on that when I boot it up?

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

That stinks! Hope it gets resolved quickly for you! Let us know when you get up and running and if you find out anything about the issue.

There was (is) a similar issue with ATT and the zenfone 2 when it was released. People couldn't get LTE data speeds because the device wasn't on the "approved" list of ATT devices. The workaround was to activate the sim in a "approved" device then install in the zenfone 2. Makes you wonder why a company as big as Moto doesn't have these issues worked out with the major carriers prior to release

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

That is really strange, I am planning on a 32gb Style so what will be left on that when I boot it up?

Apparently 22.8 which is about 2gb less than the Note 5 32gb. It seems a partition screw up and the missing storage appears proportional in relation to the device sizes.

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm loving the phone so far. My biggest concern was the size as I have small hands and this phone is completely manageable. It's not as big as it looks in the photos online. Motorola really found a way to make it comfortable in your hand. The screen is great too and BRIGHT. My battery life seems good, I haven't really used the phone much, but I set it up about 16 hours ago and browsed the web and it's still 61% battery. Granted that's A LOT of standby time, lol. If anyone is doubting getting one, I'd recommend it. Got a plain "rubber grip" back and it's very comfortable and doesn't look "cheap". Will post more thoughts soon.

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm loving the phone so far. My biggest concern was the size as I have small hands and this phone is completely manageable. It's not as big as it looks in the photos online. Motorola really found a way to make it comfortable in your hand. The screen is great too and BRIGHT. My battery life seems good, I haven't really used the phone much, but I set it up about 16 hours ago and browsed the web and it's still 61% battery. Granted that's A LOT of standby time, lol. If anyone is doubting getting one, I'd recommend it.

So far so good. The size is very manageable when sitting upright. And I'm 5'2" with 18, 19 cm hands. Battery holds up well despite the large QHD screen. I charge it once a day with moderate internet use and lots of YouTube over WiFi (no sim card in yet).

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

How is ash wood feel? Slippery?
If your hands are bone dry (like outside on a brisk dry morning) there is little to no grip. In a more normal setting its not grippy but its not going to slide through your hand either.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Update: I have NO issues seeing the screen while wearing polarized sunglasses. I couldn't see the OG X screen at all but no issues here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Update: I have NO issues seeing the screen while wearing polarized sunglasses. I couldn't see the OG X screen at all but no issues here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That is great news as I hate the way my screen disappears on my OPO when I have my sunglasses on in the car and using GPS.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Wonder why. Hopefully they will fix that soon. Either way I have a 32gb coming in Tuesday from amazon and I'll be returning the 16gb to best buy but I wanted to make sure I got hands on with it before I went out and got one from amazon.

Otherwise I love it

Yut Kill

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

If your hands are bone dry (like outside on a brisk dry morning) there is little to no grip. In a more normal setting its not grippy but its not going to slide through your hand either.
That's good to hear. That's the back I have on mine,which won't be here til next week at earliest. Still not sure if I will put a clear tpu type case on it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Surprisingly, the supplied bumper actually works pretty good. It even improves the grip. And the Migrate app really does a good job or transferring apps, etc., from the old phone. Just make sure you download it on both phones before using it.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Surprisingly, the supplied bumper actually works pretty good. It even improves the grip. And the Migrate app really does a good job or transferring apps, etc., from the old phone. Just make sure you download it on both phones before using it.

Is the bumper a hard plastic? Or a little softer?

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

Does the migrate app give you a choice of which apps to transfer?

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

It's between hard and soft, but still fairly rigid

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

It's hard plastic, but it's very thin so it flexes.

I'm just going to use this temporarily until some better products come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC