I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Frustrations with the OS

Haven't purchased one yet since I don't know if I'm keeping the phone. And if I do I will get a car charger. But either way when I read all of the reviews about this phone prior to purchasing it they all basically said it would last a full day with normal use. I don't think I'm using it any heavier than most people and I'm not getting anywhere close to a full day. I feel like there's an issue.

Highly recommend a car charger.

Netflix plus the games you play probably tax the system more.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

amosrock

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Ok here's another weird question. It's a bit of an annoyance but it's not a deal breaker with the phone I guess.

As I said before I use my phone for my music in my car. It gets plugged in via an AUX jack. With my iPhone if I was playing music and a call came through I could answer the call and the voice on the other end would actually come through my car speakers. Yesterday when I had my XPE plugged in and my wife called I answered and it only went through the phone. I had to tap to put it on speakerphone and even then it didn't come through my car speakers. Just through the device speakerphone. Is there a way to make the call come through my car speakers?

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
About battery life....generally speaking The mxpe doesn't have as good of a battery life as the note 5.

And the gaming... A note 5 has a more powerful gpu and cpu, so it would probably perform better.

The Verizon Note 5 was $233 no service contract, something to consider if battery life and gaming are a high priority.

233$?? Try 800 .... Really everything I read the note 5 battery life is not good.. Oh yeah and there is no sd card on it. And the back is glass so if it drops it would ll shatter, the skin and bloatware make it super laggy...

Posted via the Android Central App

amosrock

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think just about any phone will take a battery hit when watching netflix and playing games.

My iphone was great as far as battery life goes. Same amount of Netflix and games and could easily get through until bed. It was very rare to have to charge more than just overnight.

amosrock

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So I don't know if this helps anyone but the issue I described earlier with the music apps I've solved by downloading an app called GoneMAD Music Player. I think I downloaded about 30 music apps before I decided on this one but its seriously amazing. Perfect music app.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
233$?? Try 800 .... Really everything I read the note 5 battery life is not good.. Oh yeah and there is no sd card on it. And the back is glass so if it drops it would ll shatter, the skin and bloatware make it super laggy...

I posted how you could get the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 for $233 a while back.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...33-no-service-contract-requires-bit-work.html

Battery life on the note 5 is good for me. I know someone who has both the note 5 and mxpe, for him, the note 5 gets better battery life too.

It certainly isn't super laggy in my usage, and you can disable any package got want with package disabler.

I use a case, my back is just fine even though it has been dropped a few times

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Have you read the note 5 battery life thread? Many people, including myself, are getting great battery life....much better than what MXPE users are reporting...

Yes, the back is glass and it looks and feels great. My simple solution to not breaking it is don't drop it. Many people will throw a case on it... Not my style but to each their own.

And of course the old, tired touchwiz bashing. Just a wild guess, but you've never used a note 5, huh? I've seen lag whatsoever... This thing is smooth and really fast.

Point is, if you're willing to do the work in the thread posted above you can get a hell of lot more for your money (less money at that) with a note 5.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you read the note 5 battery life thread? Many people, including myself, are getting great battery life....much better than what MXPE users are reporting...

Yes, the back is glass and it looks and feels great. My simple solution to not breaking it is don't drop it. Many people will throw a case on it... Not my style but to each their own.

And of course the old, tired touchwiz bashing. Just a wild guess, but you've never used a note 5, huh? I've seen lag whatsoever... This thing is smooth and really fast.

Point is, if you're willing to do the work in the thread posted above you can get a hell of lot more for your money (less money at that) with a note 5.

For light to medium use, seems the Note 5 would get better battery life due to the AMOLED (assuming same relative brightness). Gaming and low signal areas however is where it becomes an equal to the MXPE, since both use the same LTE tech (drains battery in low reception areas) and the GPU is a power hog just like other devices pushing 1440p.

All depends on the use of the device. Comically subjective stuff.

As far as dropping the device, the Note 5 is a crack magnet compared to the MXPE. Gravity is a bummer in that regard and is the one constant, regardless of a person's intent not to drop ;)

Last edited:

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Ok here's another weird question. It's a bit of an annoyance but it's not a deal breaker with the phone I guess.

As I said before I use my phone for my music in my car. It gets plugged in via an AUX jack. With my iPhone if I was playing music and a call came through I could answer the call and the voice on the other end would actually come through my car speakers. Yesterday when I had my XPE plugged in and my wife called I answered and it only went through the phone. I had to tap to put it on speakerphone and even then it didn't come through my car speakers. Just through the device speakerphone. Is there a way to make the call come through my car speakers?

Hmm, I didn't try with my car aux-in but I did just try with my headphones and the call came through my headphones without having to do anything. I would think this works the same way.

In my car, I'm connected to bluetooth but I'm guessing this isn't an option?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Have you used one? It definitely isn't laggy. Don't believe everything you read .. Just like you wouldn't believe the Moto X Pure is garbage if you read it somewhere right? Same thing :).

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

sorry the customizable leather back of mine, and the bamboo back of my wife's feels great also and they won't crack if they get dropped. Yeah sorry you can't customize your note..

As for the touchwiz and other carrier bloatware laggy issues. Yep mxpe has got it right. Let Android do Android and its buttery smooth..

And I can still have all my movies and music on sd card when I told travel so I can swap them in and out on the airplane.. Or in the mountains.

Sorry I used to be a Samsung fan. But what they did this year lost me bro. Sorry

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
So I don't know if this helps anyone but the issue I described earlier with the music apps I've solved by downloading an app called GoneMAD Music Player. I think I downloaded about 30 music apps before I decided on this one but its seriously amazing. Perfect music app.

I like henrymp.. It's the cyanogen mod music player

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Have you used one? It definitely isn't laggy. Don't believe everything you read .. Just like you wouldn't believe the Moto X Pure is garbage if you read it somewhere right? Same thing :).

Yes I have. Had s4, note3, note4, s5, tried the s6 and the note 5. Didn't care for them. Went with the mxpe and happy as can be

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have. Had s4, note3, note4, s5, tried the s6 and the note 5. Didn't care for them. Went with the mxpe and happy as can be

If you had a Note 5 and it lagged something else was wrong. It definitely doesn't have lag even with the bloat.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As I said something is wrong with theirs.

I get liking the MXPE but I still won't down play other phones just because I don't use them. The Note 5 is beast mode even with the bloat. It is pretty hard to deny that. Camera, speed, screen, battery, etc. Is this the case for all? Sometimes not just like some HATE the MXPE whereas some of us love it and have no issues.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
As I said something is wrong with theirs.

I get liking the MXPE but I still won't down play other phones just because I don't use them. The Note 5 is beast mode even with the bloat. It is pretty hard to deny that. Camera, speed, screen, battery, etc. Is this the case for all? Sometimes not just like some HATE the MXPE whereas some of us love it and have no issues.

Yeah I have had the text lag issue on my nexus 5. Android M seems to have fixed most of it.

I still need to order my MXPE