Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style) here!

I had two droid turbos :) and the hardware is different the Moto X pure and there is no shutter lag.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Oh hey it's my guy who said he would do some Note 4/Pure side by sides... and he has his Pure.... hint hint.... HINT LOL

But really, looking forward to it whenever you get the time. I'll be very interested in night time shots under lamp light

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Oh hey it's my guy who said he would do some Note 4/Pure side by sides... and he has his Pure.... hint hint.... HINT LOL

But really, looking forward to it whenever you get the time. I'll be very interested in night time shots under lamp light

Auto mode for everything (HDR off on both). I opened the photos in paint.net to add the text, then saved tham as jpeg at 95% quality.

I took about 20 pics (shutter snapped at the same time, lenses about an inch apart from eachother) and this is typical of the differences. Note 4 is still quite a bit better in color accuracy and detail (hint: my living room doesn't have an weird blue glow to it as the MXPE shows. but the shepherd also isn't as orange as the Note 4 makes him look). I would say the MXPE is closer to the Nexus 6 in how it handles this situation than it is to the Note 4.

mxpe.jpg
note4.jpg

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

As far as motion goes both the Note 4 and MXPE have their misses inside. If one of the dog's tails was wagging it was slightly blurred on both (and to the same degree).

I didn't do a side by side on this one, but it looks less blue to me. (note that this picture was downloaded from google photos, so it's been through their compression)

This is also on the MXPE (to my back is a large sliding glass door, so lots of natural light entering the room here)
IMG_20150911_113716878.jpg

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Auto mode for everything (HDR off on both). I opened the photos in paint.net to add the text, then saved tham as jpeg at 95% quality.

I took about 20 pics (shutter snapped at the same time, lenses about an inch apart from eachother) and this is typical of the differences. Note 4 is still quite a bit better in color accuracy and detail (hint: my living room doesn't have an weird blue glow to it as the MXPE shows. but the shepherd also isn't as orange as the Note 4 makes him look). I would say the MXPE is closer to the Nexus 6 in how it handles this situation than it is to the Note 4.

View attachment 196239
View attachment 196240

Note 4s auto image processing will do that and it does give a little bit of an orange hue if not in very low light situations. I have still taken one of my favorite pictures ever w/ a Note 4 under a porch light b/c of the processing. It also automatically sharpens everything.

From this side by side alone accompanied w/ what I've seen previously, I feel confident in what the camera does in well lit situations.

I look forward to more of your side by sides. Feel free to PM me your PayPal address and I'll send you $5 for your time lol.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Note 4s auto image processing will do that and it does give a little bit of an orange hue if not in very low light situations. I have still taken one of my favorite pictures ever w/ a Note 4 under a porch light b/c of the processing. It also automatically sharpens everything.

From this side by side alone accompanied w/ what I've seen previously, I feel confident in what the camera does in well lit situations.

I look forward to more of your side by sides. Feel free to PM me your PayPal address and I'll send you $5 for your time lol.

Ha no need. After taking only about 50 pictures over the last 2 hours (i.e. a very early summary) and one video I would describe the MXPE as:

"Like the Nexus 6 only better, plus the video camera doesn't constantly refocus."

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Dog pictures from my normally lit living room (some might consider it a little lower light than would be optimal)

Not going for 'best shot ever' here, just snap and post . Also I uploaded these through Tapatalk, not sure what kind of compression there is there.

Side by side vs note 4 coming when I can get my wife's phone from her.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/11/4c7cd0aa21ce30f1f04143b8739c1ba0.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/11/2c14ccaf27aed51f22b9e16e468e578c.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/11/84454d4df56912af2704bf5d3d2fa4d6.jpg

O.. m .. g. PUPPPPPPY!! (Sorry I like dogs) lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Have you noticed any shutter lag?

I ask because I have a suspicion that this camera is the same hardware as the one on the Droid Turbo but with some software tweaks to it. IIRC, you once had a Turbo but got rid of it because of the shutter lag.

Is it a Sony sensor in the DROID TURBO?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 196239
View attachment 196240

Would have been fun if you posted both without telling us and had people pick which one looks better....

I can see what you're saying about the orange tint on the note 4, but that aside the colors are vibrant, vs a bit washed out looking on the X

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Some really low light shots:

9b1dc8f04a2c5654509111a0889858ed.jpg

27cdc99e3bab3ee460fc077b85c01820.jpg

MOTO X PURE EDITION!

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to be the first to say it, but i'm not impressed at all. looks like a typical moto pic to me.
They aren't horrible or anything, but the coloring is wrong, the almost appear to have a gray-ish or slight washed out / flat looking, but with some over saturation at the same time.

The pic of the dog taken with the Note. the note blows it away. sorry.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to be the first to say it, but i'm not impressed at all. looks like a typical moto pic to me.
They aren't horrible or anything, but the coloring is wrong, the almost appear to have a gray-ish or slight washed out / flat looking, but with some over saturation at the same time.

I agree. Outside it may do great (most all cell phones do) but inside its just a modest improvement over last year and the nexus 6. Or maybe we just keep our house really dark inside lol...

It ain't going to beat Samsung or LG though.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

All of the non-HDR pics from mine have been very color-accurate. The HDR pic was a little overdone with the orange in the cat but was still nice looking compared to the actual scene. I'm quite satisfied by the camera, especially since I can buy two of these awesome devices for the prices of one Note.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Can we expect a $400 phone to compete w/ a Note though? Not at all. I agree that the Note 4 is a premiere and arguably the best camera on the planet but I'm not expecting the Pure to top that. I just want it to compete and I think it does. I think the camera looks pretty good to be honest. Plus it's Moto Android which >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Touchwiz and Moto's features >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sammy's features. If they could get Sammy's photo processing, this would be the perfect phone IMO

I'll probably be trading my Note 4 for this.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Can we expect a $400 phone to compete w/ a Note though? Not at all. I agree that the Note 4 is a premiere and arguably the best camera on the planet but I'm not expecting the Pure to top that. I just want it to compete and I think it does. I think the camera looks pretty good to be honest. Plus it's Moto Android which >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Touchwiz and Moto's features >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sammy's features. If they could get Sammy's photo processing, this would be the perfect phone IMO

I'll probably be trading my Note 4 for this.

When Motorola advertises it as a "top rated" camera, yea I think certain expectations come with that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol