Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style) here!

So after more pictures and another day at the park with my toddler I'll say I'm *really* happy with the outdoor pictures this phone takes. *Really really* happy.

Pictures of my toddler in my living room in the evening/night are...fine. I wouldn't blow them up to frame them but it's fine for capturing the moment for a mms or facebook post. The note 4 falls down as well with low light action shots so it's not like my wife is snapping National Geographic quality pics right next to me :)

One thing I miss is face tracking. I wish it would always focus on faces.

It's clearly the best camera moto has ever put in a phone regardless.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

More outdoor shots. Sun's back out in San Diego.

Tap to focus enabled.
Auto HDR enabled.
Flash OFF.

A noon sun.

DG0cPOq.jpg

QNzkroH.jpg

j3IsuUK.jpg

qZHJue0.jpg

6zjg9eI.jpg

Vo6zuDN.jpg

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

It looks to me like a lot of people are leaving their camera at the default 16:9 16.1MP setting instead of the 4:3 21MP setting. Any particular reason for that? Just personal preference?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

It looks to me like a lot of people are leaving their camera at the default 16:9 16.1MP setting instead of the 4:3 21MP setting. Any particular reason for that? Just personal preference?

I personally prefer the widescreen format myself but I do need to do more shooting at the traditional camera format of 4:3. In fact, I'll change that setting now for the next time I grab some shots.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Some people don't know how to change the picture format. As one of those people I would love to know how :)

Posted via the Android Central App

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Good detail. This camera is superb! Happy I got a 64gb micrso sd to store all these shots.

Attachments

• 2968.jpg
    2968.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 73

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Some people don't know how to change the picture format. As one of those people I would love to know how :)

Here's where the setting is. uploadfromtaptalk1442442385267.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

More indoor shots. Sneaking into one of the snack cabinets at work.

Tap to focus enabled.
Auto HDR enabled.
Flash OFF.

Fluorescent lighting on.

iOrVpin.jpg

Lights off but blinds open.

jRXYuuM.jpg

Lights on and blinds closed.

ZVbGmU9.jpg

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I personally prefer the widescreen format myself but I do need to do more shooting at the traditional camera format of 4:3. In fact, I'll change that setting now for the next time I grab some shots.

I always prefer taking pics with the full resolution and without digital zoom. You can always crop later but you can't add something in that you missed.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I always prefer taking pics with the full resolution and without digital zoom. You can always crop later but you can't add something in that you missed.

I never, ever use digital zoom. I'm a photographer on the side so I'm fully aware of the issues with digital zoom.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Point and shoot, Auto everything, Dark garage. I was about 1 foot away from the chrome badge on my 65 Chevy. Awesome clarity and color for such a close shot w/flash. This is a screen grab from my Instagram post so the size is cropped.

Snap004.jpg

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

That's correct. My understanding is that the 16:9 setting is basically a cropped version of a 4:3 picture and that this is a native 4:3 sensor, thus the reason 4:3 gives you the full resolution. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Pics are really looking good, guys. Keep em coming, please :)

Really happy w/ the front facing camera also. Seems like the flash is a good use also.

Anyone have bar pics? Looking for how the phone looks w/ somewhat lit areas w/ neons all over the place. I've seen a lot of neon signs cause heavy noise and am curious how this does.

I might not even wait to see what the LG Nexus can bring if I keep seeing these solid shots.

More.... more.. MOAR!!! lol

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Macro

Attachments

• 674.jpg
    674.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 71

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

That's correct. My understanding is that the 16:9 setting is basically a cropped version of a 4:3 picture and that this is a native 4:3 sensor, thus the reason 4:3 gives you the full resolution. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

You are 100% correct. 4:3 is the standard photographic ratio. 16:9 is based on the wide screen standard and is optimized for video. For example, if I shoot stills with my DSLR, it's at 4:3 ratio. But when I switch it to video, the live screen will show you the full frame but will also show the divider lines for the 16:9 crop. So you can literally see what part of the image you're losing while shooting video.

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

So I will be switching to the 4:3 to get even more stunning shots! Thanks for the pro tip.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

These are some great pics. Love the outdoors. Indoors look better also. Thanks again guys (for the 15th time lol)

Keep em coming!!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

These are some great pics. Love the outdoors. Indoors look better also. Thanks again guys (for the 15th time lol)

Keep em coming!!

Oh, I didn't realize you were wanting anyone to post any pics!

:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781