Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style) here!

Lego dude. My two year old is obsessed and found his way into my closet of Lego city sets. Now they are everywhere :(

On the inside I am will ferrel from the Lego movie.

Uploaded through Tapatalk.

ec2dd14f3b0a880fef58add9bcd8e535.jpg

Hey... Girls can't drive Lego trucks!
6fce75a977f387c453dd5c6cf292fd19.jpg

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Couple of shots from outside at work in sunlight, tap to focus and auto hdr on

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2596.jpg
    2596.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 2562.jpg
    2562.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 51

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Couple of pictures taken this morning. Loving this phone thus far!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 923.jpg
    923.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 924.jpg
    924.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 48

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Right now shutter speed control only works on 2 devices, Nexus 5 and Nexus 6

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo with Tapatalk Pro.

My point is if it's the way it chooses settings in auto mode that you don't like, try different software. If the shutter speed is fixed, though, any subject that moves fast enough will be blurred. It's simple physics.

For any exposure, there are 3 variables: shutter speed, aperture, and ISO sensitivity. If you change any of them, you need opposite changes in the others to balance the exposure. Stepping up shutter speed to freeze motion reduces light, so either the aperture must open wider (if it can), or the ISO must be dialed up (which increases noise). Likewise, to reduce noise (in low light, for example), the aperture must open wider (if it can), or shutter speed must be reduced (which increases blur).

Now it's possible for different camera software to balance these things differently, but there's no silver bullet. So unless there's a vast difference in either the lens or the image sensor, it's all just a tradeoff in exposure settings.

powrdroid01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

My point is if it's the way it chooses settings in auto mode that you don't like, try different software. If the shutter speed is fixed, though, any subject that moves fast enough will be blurred. It's simple physics.

For any exposure, there are 3 variables: shutter speed, aperture, and ISO sensitivity. If you change any of them, you need opposite changes in the others to balance the exposure. Stepping up shutter speed to freeze motion reduces light, so either the aperture must open wider (if it can), or the ISO must be dialed up (which increases noise). Likewise, to reduce noise (in low light, for example), the aperture must open wider (if it can), or shutter speed must be reduced (which increases blur).

Now it's possible for different camera software to balance these things differently, but there's no silver bullet. So unless there's a vast difference in either the lens or the image sensor, it's all just a tradeoff in exposure settings.

Agree. Ultimately we're back to "you can't set shutter speed manually with an Android phone."

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo with Tapatalk Pro.

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Agree. Ultimately we're back to "you can't set shutter speed manually with an Android phone."

Which means that motion blur would be a problem with ANY of them (an earlier post implied it was a problem with the Moto X but not with others).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781