05-01-2017 03:10 PM
389 123 ...
tools
    Now that people are getting theirs, here's the thread.
    jephanie, PRS247 and josebostal like this.
    09-09-2015 01:38 PM
    Sample pics from one of the first to get their hands on it. And they look VERY good (even better than the examples Moto has on their own site).

https://plus.google.com/+JosueJoseph...ts/ZR9afq9i3gU
    jasmeer oberoi likes this.
    09-09-2015 05:33 PM
    Good quality on those photos, even after zooming in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-09-2015 05:37 PM
    09-10-2015 07:43 AM
    Front facing camera looks pretty good. A lot of natural light though. Don't people understand we're concerned about pics w/ little natural light? SHEEESSSSHHH people

I know they'll come soon enough lol
    09-10-2015 09:09 AM
    I'm impressed so far.
    09-10-2015 02:02 PM
    Me, too. I just wish there were more samples coming out more quickly for us to see. I'm living vicariously through those who actually have theirs.
    Clocks likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:22 PM
    Not sure if he also added Youtube stabilization to this, but the lack of shakiness is crazy (it's almost too aggressive, as you can see some waviness happening)

09-10-2015 02:34 PM
    Not sure if he also added Youtube stabilization to this, but the lack of shakiness is crazy (it's almost too aggressive, as you can see some waviness happening)
    That is surprisingly smooth. There was a little focus hiccup toward the end, but I agree.
    09-10-2015 02:45 PM
    Photo

Attached Thumbnails Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!-img_20150910_194616750_hdr.jpg  
    jephanie and josebostal like this.
    09-10-2015 02:57 PM
    Surely we can't expect DSLR quality type images from a phone. Plus, some of the blur was due to motion of the user and the subject. The oreos couldn't move, so it stood a better chance.
    09-10-2015 03:20 PM
    Techbuffalo posted a bunch of pics. Most of them are very nice (a few are a bit blurry, which it funny because iCrapple blurred images are seemingly always not included in the general posts for their devices). I'm quite encouraged by these pics. Can't wait to finally get my XPE next week!!!
    09-10-2015 09:11 PM
    In good lighting, this seems like a camera that's as good as you're gonna get. I just hope low light performance is good. Still wondering why we haven't seen many samples..... People who know Moto X's previous phones have to know that's what we're curious about.
    09-10-2015 09:42 PM
    Wish I could post the 4k video. Pretty sweet.
    No option to post video on this app it seems

PRS247 likes this.
    09-10-2015 09:54 PM
    Wish I could post the 4k video. Pretty sweet.
    No option to post video on this app it seems

upload to youtube and share the link?
    PRS247 likes this.
    09-11-2015 09:08 AM

Curious as to why the video looks so washed out (pale looking)?
    09-11-2015 10:24 AM
    Dog pictures from my normally lit living room (some might consider it a little lower light than would be optimal)

Not going for 'best shot ever' here, just snap and post . Also I uploaded these through Tapatalk, not sure what kind of compression there is there.

Side by side vs note 4 coming when I can get my wife's phone from her.

09-11-2015 10:46 AM
    Dog pictures from my normally lit living room (some might consider it a little lower light than would be optimal)

Not going for 'best shot ever' here, just snap and post . Also I uploaded these through Tapatalk, not sure what kind of compression there is there.

Side by side vs note 4 coming when I can get my wife's phone from her.
    Have you noticed any shutter lag?

I ask because I have a suspicion that this camera is the same hardware as the one on the Droid Turbo but with some software tweaks to it. IIRC, you once had a Turbo but got rid of it because of the shutter lag.
    09-11-2015 11:35 AM
    Have you noticed any shutter lag?

I ask because I have a suspicion that this camera is the same hardware as the one on the Droid Turbo but with some software tweaks to it. IIRC, you once had a Turbo but got rid of it because of the shutter lag.
    I had two droid turbos and the hardware is different the Moto X pure and there is no shutter lag.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 11:44 AM
    I had two droid turbos and the hardware is different the Moto X pure and there is no shutter lag.

OK, that's good to know. Near as I can determine the Moto X Pure has the Sony IMX230 sensor, the Turbo had the IMX220. They're both the same size and have the same aperture. Does it have optical image stabilization?

As you remember, the Droid Turbo had wildly divergent opinions on the quality of the camera.

According to this test site, the Moto X Style (which I presume has the same camera as the Pure) is rated as the third best camera behind on the Samung S6 and Note 4. That's exclusive company.

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Moto-...-and-Substance
    09-11-2015 12:12 PM

Oh hey it's my guy who said he would do some Note 4/Pure side by sides... and he has his Pure.... hint hint.... HINT LOL

But really, looking forward to it whenever you get the time. I'll be very interested in night time shots under lamp light
    09-11-2015 12:20 PM
    Looks like I will be shooting a lot of video
    09-11-2015 12:22 PM
    Oh hey it's my guy who said he would do some Note 4/Pure side by sides... and he has his Pure.... hint hint.... HINT LOL

But really, looking forward to it whenever you get the time. I'll be very interested in night time shots under lamp light
    Auto mode for everything (HDR off on both). I opened the photos in paint.net to add the text, then saved tham as jpeg at 95% quality.

I took about 20 pics (shutter snapped at the same time, lenses about an inch apart from eachother) and this is typical of the differences. Note 4 is still quite a bit better in color accuracy and detail (hint: my living room doesn't have an weird blue glow to it as the MXPE shows. but the shepherd also isn't as orange as the Note 4 makes him look). I would say the MXPE is closer to the Nexus 6 in how it handles this situation than it is to the Note 4.

Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!-mxpe.jpg
    Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!-note4.jpg
    09-11-2015 12:24 PM
    As far as motion goes both the Note 4 and MXPE have their misses inside. If one of the dog's tails was wagging it was slightly blurred on both (and to the same degree).

I didn't do a side by side on this one, but it looks less blue to me. (note that this picture was downloaded from google photos, so it's been through their compression)

This is also on the MXPE (to my back is a large sliding glass door, so lots of natural light entering the room here)
    Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!-img_20150911_113716878.jpg
    jephanie likes this.
    09-11-2015 12:28 PM
    Auto mode for everything (HDR off on both). I opened the photos in paint.net to add the text, then saved tham as jpeg at 95% quality.

I took about 20 pics (shutter snapped at the same time, lenses about an inch apart from eachother) and this is typical of the differences. Note 4 is still quite a bit better in color accuracy and detail (hint: my living room doesn't have an weird blue glow to it as the MXPE shows. but the shepherd also isn't as orange as the Note 4 makes him look). I would say the MXPE is closer to the Nexus 6 in how it handles this situation than it is to the Note 4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mxpe.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	584.9 KB 
ID:	196239
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	note4.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	643.7 KB 
ID:	196240
    Note 4s auto image processing will do that and it does give a little bit of an orange hue if not in very low light situations. I have still taken one of my favorite pictures ever w/ a Note 4 under a porch light b/c of the processing. It also automatically sharpens everything.

From this side by side alone accompanied w/ what I've seen previously, I feel confident in what the camera does in well lit situations.

I look forward to more of your side by sides. Feel free to PM me your PayPal address and I'll send you $5 for your time lol.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-11-2015 12:37 PM
389 123 ...