Verizon: VoLTE Confirmed for Moto X Pure Edition

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have LTE. Both verizon and motorola comfirmed my MXPE does not support advanced calling. I just got off the phone with them for over an hour.
Can you tell me how and what steps you took to activate it on you phone?

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
No advanced calling/voice over data??

Just talked to verizon and motorola. Both reassured me that the MXPE does not support hd voice or voice over data.
What the heck? Are we going forward with these latest phones or backwards?
Does anyone have these features and if so how and what steps did you take? Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: No advanced calling/voice over data??

Advanced Calling works -- HD voice may not .. not sure on that. Other Verizon customers advised they were able to add Advanced Calling to their account and use VoLTE.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Advanced Calling works -- HD voice may not .. not sure on that. Other Verizon customers advised they were able to add Advanced Calling to their account and use VoLTE.

HD Voice is enabled when both parties have Advanced Calling enabled, right?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How do i add advanced calling? They both are under same feature.

Select the line you want to enable Advanced Calling 1.0 on.
Manage Features
Scroll down to Advanced Calling 1.0 and Add This Feature (or Enable).

On the phone:
Settings
In Wireless &networks, select More
Cellular Networks
Enable Enhanced 4G LTE Mode

Last edited:

Jay Sullivan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site

I logged into my Verizon account and searched for voLTE, but when I clicked the "Get it Now" button for HD Voice & Video calling, it said "Unfortunately, all the devices on your account are incompatible with Advanced Calling 1.0". I thought the Moto X Pure supported this, so is this just because Verizon doesn't sell the device directly? And I'm not even clear on what Advanced Calling 1.0 is. If I bring up Settings / Cellular Networks on my phone I have an option for "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode", and I have already confirmed that activating this option allows me to surf and talk at the same time, but is Advanced Calling 1.0 something different?

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I logged into my Verizon account and searched for voLTE, but when I clicked the "Get it Now" button for HD Voice & Video calling, it said "Unfortunately, all the devices on your account are incompatible with Advanced Calling 1.0". I thought the Moto X Pure supported this, so is this just because Verizon doesn't sell the device directly? And I'm not even clear on what Advanced Calling 1.0 is. If I bring up Settings / Cellular Networks on my phone I have an option for "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode", and I have already confirmed that activating this option allows me to surf and talk at the same time, but is Advanced Calling 1.0 something different?

Advanced Calling 1.0 is Verizon's software on Verizon's phones, that's why it's telling you your phone is incompatible, because it does not have the Advanced Calling software on it. BUT, the MXPE has "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" out of the box, which basically is the same thing, without the video calling portion. It will do simultaneously voice and data, and also HD calling with this enabled, but video calling will not work.

Jay Sullivan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site

Advanced Calling 1.0 is Verizon's software on Verizon's phones ... the MXPE has "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" out of the box, which basically is the same thing

Thanks, that's what I figured. Unfortunately I had to disable Enhanced 4G LTE mode on my MXPE because it was causing a problem with the Llama app not being able to detect cell towers. (Llama is an app that will set all kinds of phone settings based on your location, which it detects from cell towers, not GPS).

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Too bad when I attempt to use this service the call reception is lousy, the dialer inputs are not recognized (automated systems, entering PINs or pass codes, etc.) and calls are dropped.

Very disappointing considering I live in a very LTE-saturated area.

jhardy93

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

The MXP should be supported for advanced calling on Verizon. I just went to the website. Searched VoLTE as stated here and turned it on via the website (purchased it for free). Then confirmed the Enhanced 4G LTE setting was turned on in the phone settings and YES, voice and data is now working on the MXP, just like it was on my old moto.

Thanks

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Too bad when I attempt to use this service the call reception is lousy, the dialer inputs are not recognized (automated systems, entering PINs or pass codes, etc.) and calls are dropped.

Very disappointing considering I live in a very LTE-saturated area.

Glad I don't have this issue. I take WebEx calls on my Moto X Pure Edition almost everyday. If I couldn't press 1 to join the call, the phone would be returned.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
anyone know why my wife sees hd video option and i dont? shes has turbo 2. I have the moto x pure.

The video calling portion is proprietary to Verizon and is not added to the Moto X Pure Edition.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

gpparker

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
It took me a while to find this feature on the Verizon website. There is a subtle extra layer of tabs under "Products & Apps" > "Get Products" to choose between "Premium Products" and "Free Products". When you navigate to the "Get Products" page, it automatically selects "Premium Products" so you won't see the "HD Voice" product until you click on "Free Products".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae