Does Foxfi work with it on Verizon? That's the only thing I need to know.
    09-10-2015 04:55 PM
    Work for what? If you have a tiered data plan it allows you a little more control over tethering WiFi. If you have an unlimited data plan, attempting to use FoxFi to circumvent the plan restrictions is a violation of the terms of service unless you are also purchasing the $30 plan for unlimited tethering - in which case FoxFi becomes irrelevant. Your best bet would be to contact Verizon Customer service if you have questions about whether or not your specific plan allows for tethering.
    Almeuit likes this.
    09-10-2015 05:01 PM
    Assuming that you have a paid hotspot subscription(either part of the plan or a hotspot addon) , you can use foxfi and it will work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Almeuit and Ry like this.
    09-10-2015 05:05 PM
    Assassin are you a killer of moods? You suck at answering yes or no questions.
    Thanks dpham
    09-10-2015 05:11 PM
    The question is much more complicated than, "yes or no". If you have a proper plan in place, it can work but is rather redundant as it has its functionality built into Android. If you do not have a proper plan in place and we say, "yes", then you are at risk of adverse action from Verizon, such as penalties, interruption of service, etc. I'm not going to say, "go for it" without either providing context or asking you for context as I do not want to be the one causing you to lose your plan and/or have steep bills to pay for misuse.
    Almeuit, Ry, thejesse and 3 others like this.
    09-10-2015 05:27 PM
    My initial thought was that you wouldn't need it as well. I used to use it on my note but recently uninstalled and the factory setting works. I don't have unlimited data anymore though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-10-2015 06:02 PM
    Foxfi works, but tethering may or may not work - because Verizon blocks tethering at their end no matter what you do on the phone.

If your account allows tethering, Foxfi will work - so will the native tethering of the phone. If that doesn't work, nothing you can do on the phone can make tethering work, because Verizon isn't passing tethered packets to and from your phone.

That's what people don't understand - it's not the app or the phone that controls whether tethering will work, it's the carrier. ANY tethering method will work on an account that allows tethering. Nothing will work on one that doesn't.
    09-10-2015 07:51 PM