Where is the File Manager on the Moto X Pure Edition?

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
ES file explorer is awesome.
it'll do your SD card. heck it'll even backup your apps as APK files.
the second one I ordered will be here Monday the 14th. the FIRST one maybe the 15th. I called, they said it's "finalized" but not shipped and should be here Tuesday the 15th. I don't know how, but that's what the cute sounding Indian gal said... love that quick giggle

--sent from neglected rural America

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Re: Where the heck is the file manager?

That's always been a weird thing about Android. No stock file manager. Actually I don't think iOS has one either come to think of it... Maybe it does? I don't know. I guess only power users look at their own files haha.

I don't believe iOS even allows file system access. If it does, that's a fairly recent change.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

That's always been a weird thing about Android. No stock file manager. Actually I don't think iOS has one either come to think of it... Maybe it does? I don't know. I guess only power users look at their own files haha.

I don't think Nexus ships with a stock file manager. I think there is one in AOSP - probably outdated.

iOS definitely does not have one.

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

ES File Explorer is kinda confusing honestly. Just installed it and it's a lot of buttons and words.

:/

I did link it to my DropBox though. Seems a bit over the top.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea I didn't think iOS had one either. It's very strange that these mobile OS's seem to hide file access.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

ES File Explorer is kinda confusing honestly. Just installed it and it's a lot of buttons and words.

:/

I did link it to my DropBox though. Seems a bit over the top.
Check out Cabinet Beta. In my opinion it's much simpler to use and much more visually appealing. I don't think you can link it to cloud storage though, so that may be a negative for you.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Check out Cabinet Beta. In my opinion it's much simpler to use and much more visually appealing. I don't think you can link it to cloud storage though, so that may be a negative for you.

Crikey Ihave never used a file explorer what on earth does it do as I am obviously in a minority :)

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I switched to FX File Explorer, I like the UI better and I really don't trust the internet connectivity in ES. I can't remember where I read about it anymore but someone pointed out that it does have some measure of internet background chatter to servers and since it's an extremely heavily featured app that is free, with no on screen ads, there's a possibility that they monetize through data to ad services in the background to pay for it.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Summary of file explorers on Android:

Pick two at most:
-Stable / bug free
-Simple / minimal
-Beautiful

None seem to have all three of the above attributes.

File Manager and Cabinet are simple and beautiful, but I have run into multiple bugs with both.

Root Explorer is simple and bug free, but not beautiful.

FX is bug free and beautiful, but not simple.

Astro and ES seem Stable, but they are neither simple nor beautiful.

Can't remember what I didn't like about Solid, but there was something.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Not having a built in app is IMO a good thing that allows each owner the choice of which to install without the added unwanted bloat.

It also keeps someone who doesn't know what they're doing from messing something up.

Last edited:

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

On the surface it does look simpler. I know that it can't link to cloud but I already have QuikPic for linked photos so that's no problem for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I really like solid explorer. In landscape mode, you can have 2 tabs/windows open and drag/drop files between them. Beautiful material design too.

mxwp

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I used to use ES but it got so huge... please it is owned by Baidu and who knows how they are harvesting our data. I switched to Root Explorer and like it. One of the original file managers and you don't actually need to be rooted.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I use FX file explorer and it's pretty straightforward. I've used it for a couple of years now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers