Or maybe I should say how many different methods can be used to initiate a screen capture?
    Thanks
    09-11-2015 12:37 AM
    I'm sure it is like on all the other moto x's. Hold power and volume down buttons at the same time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-11-2015 01:45 AM
    I was hoping that you had other options such as on the zen2 you can use a long press on the open apps button to capture.
    09-11-2015 09:24 AM
    this one and (apparently) only method of screen cap is a true PITA, especially with the factory bumper. maybe 2% success for me, and 0% for the wife. And, BOY, do I hear about this (still) new phone.

--sent from broadbandless rural America
    10-21-2015 03:37 PM
    Sometimes it can be tricky to press both buttons at the same time and the Volume slider keeps popping up. For me the best way to take a screenshot is using both index fingers to press the buttons and the thumbs on the opposite edge to make pressure. It works (almost) all the time
    bigbuc and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-21-2015 03:46 PM
    this one and (apparently) only method of screen cap is a true PITA, especially with the factory bumper. maybe 2% success for me, and 0% for the wife. And, BOY, do I hear about this (still) new phone.

--sent from broadbandless rural America
    I struggled with this also. After trying almost every app in the store I finally found Screen Grabber 5.0 Make sure you get the one that says 5.0 because there is another one by the same company. It does work well but you are supposed to leave the app running and I don't want have in the Notification area all the time so I force close and start it when I need it. Here's the link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...screengrabber8
    bigbuc likes this.
    10-21-2015 03:52 PM
    I struggled with this also. After trying almost every app in the store I finally found Screen Grabber 5.0 Make sure you get the one that says 5.0 because there is another one by the same company. It does work well but you are supposed to leave the app running and I don't want have in the Notification area all the time so I force close and start it when I need it. Here's the link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...screengrabber8
    works... you do need to force close it,just like he says
    11-01-2015 12:53 AM
    I wish they'd put the power and volume buttons on opposite sides of the phone. I miss being able to take a screenshot with one hand.
    11-01-2015 09:06 AM
    I wish they'd put the power and volume buttons on opposite sides of the phone. I miss being able to take a screenshot with one hand.
    To do screenshots I hold my device in my left hand with my middle finger on the power button and my ring finger on the volume down button and press those simultaneously.
    brentj likes this.
    11-01-2015 12:02 PM
    To do screenshots I hold my device in my left hand with my middle finger on the power button and my ring finger on the volume down button and press those simultaneously.
    I guess if you're left handed or just generally hold your phone in your left hand, it isn't an issue. Not possible in the right hand unless you flip your phone around, which obviously isn't practical.
    11-01-2015 01:04 PM
    I guess if you're left handed or just generally hold your phone in your left hand, it isn't an issue. Not possible in the right hand unless you flip your phone around, which obviously isn't practical.
    I'm right handed but I always hold it in my left hand.
    11-01-2015 01:09 PM
    I'm right handed but I always hold it in my left hand.
    Do you hold it in your left hand and touch it with your right?
    11-01-2015 02:49 PM
    Yes.

I got into the habit of holding a phone in my left hand from back in the days when landlines were all that we had. I needed to keep my right hand free to hold a pen to write while talking on the phone. So I kept doing the same thing with smartphones, only tapping and swiping, rather than writing.

I even use the camera left handed. If I'm taking a picture of something I'm holding in my hand, I'll hold the object in my right hand and take the picture with my left hand.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-01-2015 02:53 PM
    There's gotta be a better way!
    bigbuc likes this.
    11-01-2015 02:54 PM
    That's a little personal but...Yes, I do... Yes I do... Lol

11-01-2015 05:26 PM
    That's a little personal but...Yes, I do... Yes I do... Lol

Tell me less.
    Laura Knotek and bigbuc like this.
    11-01-2015 08:46 PM
    in the day, we'd be right handed but left eared.
    the writing thing caused me to get one of those Bluetooth retro looking handsets. phones are so thin.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:56 AM
    I never did like the Android way. Back when I had my HTC Incredible, Sense let you use Power button and Home. Screen Shots were not built in to Android. An OS update finally included screen shots as a native Android feature, so the Incredible had two ways to do it. I got to say, trying them both on the same phone, I liked HTC's method much better and had way less failures that way.
    11-02-2015 09:32 AM
    This works well and makes a lot of sense after trying it. Even if one normally holds the phone in the right hand, it's easy enough to transfer it to the left to take a screen shot - I mean, how often do you do that anyway? For all the criticism of Samsung's TouchWiz, though, I do have to say that their method of just swiping across the screen with the edge of your hand is a very easy way to get a screenshot.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-2015 10:14 AM
    I was actually doing it wrong and had the nerve to complain about it I was quickly pressing and releasing the two buttons instead of pressing and holding. Went from 100% failure to 100% success. Still wish they would implement something like the Zenfone 2 which uses a long press on the recent apps button.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-2015 10:30 AM
    I was actually doing it wrong and had the nerve to complain about it I was quickly pressing and releasing the two buttons instead of pressing and holding. Went from 100% failure to 100% success. Still wish they would implement something like the Zenfone 2 which uses a long press on the recent apps button.
    I'd rather them do it like CM and long press on recent apps button switches you to your previous app. That makes multitasking so much quicker.
    11-03-2015 10:07 AM
    i can't do it well enough without getting either the 'power off' popup or the volume popup polluting the screen.
    the app referred to earlier seems to be the best answer, even though it stays resident and on screen until you force close it.
    it shouldn't be this hard.
    11-03-2015 10:27 AM
    i can't do it well enough without getting either the 'power off' popup or the volume popup polluting the screen.
    the app referred to earlier seems to be the best answer, even though it stays resident and on screen until you force close it.
    it shouldn't be this hard.
    It does take a few times to get use to,to get the timing down on pressing the buttons at same time
    I found that it you have a case on your phone with the buttons covered from the case it make the task a little more of a challenge.
    I'm sure you will get the hang of it before long
    bigbuc likes this.
    11-04-2015 09:31 AM