06-04-2016 09:01 AM
202 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Normal I barely notice any warmth while streaming Youtube with LTE. 3D gaming though while downloading with LTE seems to unleash the Kraken.
    09-24-2015 09:20 AM
    Normal I barely notice any warmth while streaming Youtube with LTE. 3D gaming though while downloading with LTE seems to unleash the Kraken.
    Mine is sort of like this. It warms into the 95 degree range when I am streaming Twitch (brightness at 90+ percent) over LTE. I don't have the best signal at work (not there today) but it's usually around - 100 to - 105 dBm at my desk. With that said though I don't find that out of the norm.
    09-24-2015 09:45 AM
    That's pretty common with most devices. Was the video playing in HD?
    Yah it was in HD
    09-24-2015 09:46 AM
    I have started the process of returning or exchanging my phone. Right now the phone is at 106 degrees and I have been doing nothing except checking e-mail for 30 seconds and I rebooted it a couple times to wipe the external cache which was done at the advice of Motorola customer support. 106 degrees when I am doing next to nothing is unacceptable in my opinion. As noted in a prior post I have already hit 120 degrees at one point. AM I crazy to think this is a problem? What are the rest of you doing that feel this is a problem?
    09-24-2015 08:02 PM
    I have started the process of returning or exchanging my phone. Right now the phone is at 106 degrees and I have been doing nothing except checking e-mail for 30 seconds and I rebooted it a couple times to wipe the external cache which was done at the advice of Motorola customer support. 106 degrees when I am doing next to nothing is unacceptable in my opinion. As noted in a prior post I have already hit 120 degrees at one point. AM I crazy to think this is a problem? What are the rest of you doing that feel this is a problem?
    I dont think your unreasonable. I would do the same. My pure edition 2015 has been cool except today when i ran waze and turbo charging while driving for 30+ minutes.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 08:15 PM
    AM I crazy to think this is a problem?
    If you're crazy, so am I. Mine just made it back to Motorola today. I've owned and used a lot of smartphones, and it just didn't feel right. I really did like pretty much everything about this phone, but I just couldn't get over the uneasy feeling about the heat.

09-24-2015 08:16 PM
    Yeah, if mine heated up like that doing very little I'd require a replacement also.
    09-24-2015 08:36 PM
    Mine only gets hot as noted: 3D gaming and downloading on LTE at same time beyond a few minutes.

If getting hot for less taxing things, agreed 100% in returning.
    09-24-2015 08:39 PM
    My phone has been getting progressively better with both heat and battery life. I've had it for 9 days, and in those 9 days, the heat has gone down to the point where my Nexus 6 gets hotter, and the battery life is now on par with the Nexus 6 as well. It's weird, but I'm not complaining LOL.

09-24-2015 08:44 PM
    My phone has been getting progressively better with both heat and battery life. I've had it for 9 days, and in those 9 days, the heat has gone down to the point where my Nexus 6 gets hotter, and the battery life is now on par with the Nexus 6 as well. It's weird, but I'm not complaining LOL.

I was hoping that would happen but this far no change. I'll have it a week tomorrow and this weekend will be the final test. Really like this phone so even if I have to return will just get same one.

09-24-2015 09:29 PM
    Don't blame you a bit - I'd do the same. I've been checking emails, reading the news with my many news apps, and texting for the past hour and my Pure hasn't budged above 91 degrees. Something in your phone is definitely out of whack.

09-24-2015 09:41 PM
    Glad mine is fine.
    09-24-2015 11:32 PM
    I think it has something to do with the 808 processor. My G4 had the same issues with heat and was unbearable. Had to return that, definately unacceptable. I'm holding off on buying this phone as well due to the stated heating issues. Too bad though, looks like a decent phone.
    09-25-2015 09:16 AM
    No issues with mine running hot. The hottest I have seen it get was 103 deg. That's was when I was using it awhile.
    When its idle awhile it cools on down to 76 deg.
    09-25-2015 09:39 AM
    120 is definitely higher then I have ever seen on my Pure, even when I push it for 30 or 40 minutes. I've had it get up to 102ish after awhile of use, depending on how I hold it. If I keep my hand off the middle of the back, where the most heat seems to be, I usually hover in the low to mid 90's after about 15+ minutes of use, provided I'm not doing something that would normally tax the CPU & GPU. I'm pretty sure all of this years high end Snapdragons just run hot.

Yours is definitely on the extreme side; I'd exchange it as well.
    09-25-2015 09:51 AM
    Here is a chart of my battery temperature. The orange line is the temp. Looks like I topped out at 107, but is fine when it sits idle. Doesn't get to 107 every time I'm doing something, only sometimes (but doesn't seem consistent to what I'm doing on the phone at the time).

Does the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style have overheating issues?-uploadfromtaptalk1443196343336.jpg

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition via Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 11:52 AM
    Here is a chart of my battery temperature. The orange line is the temp. Looks like I topped out at 107, but is fine when it sits idle. Doesn't get to 107 every time I'm doing something, only sometimes (but doesn't seem consistent to what I'm doing on the phone at the time).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1443196343336.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	198408

What app are you using to record battery temperature?

09-25-2015 12:16 PM
    What app are you using to record battery temperature?

Gsam battery monitor

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm

The Harrington likes this.
    09-25-2015 12:19 PM
    It's good phone especially in winter season hohoho!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 12:47 PM
    Here's mine for the past few days. 102°F is the peak, but it usually runs in the 90's when in use.

Attached Thumbnails Does the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style have overheating issues?-3005.jpg  
    09-25-2015 02:03 PM
    Is there any link to the type of back someone has who is getting high temps. I don't game but mine only gets warm when doing maps. Normal warm like any cell phone. I have a wood back.
    09-25-2015 02:13 PM
    It doesn't seem like there is a link to the type of back. I tried asking that question earlier and the few people that responded with heat issues had a variety of backs. Mine was wood, by the way.

09-25-2015 02:19 PM
    It absolutely does with VR. 120 degrees and battery drain of about 50% for 30 minutes. Funny thing I tested before just to see how good the image quality was, but only tested for five minutes with a few movie samples. Tonight my attempt to watch Werewolf in London failed miserably. I shudder to think if I had left the device in VR theater mode. I left it in void black background mode, hoping to save battery life.
    09-25-2015 11:18 PM
    I heard somewhere that 4K recording will heat this bad boy up.

Dojam likes this.
    09-27-2015 02:18 PM
    I've had my XPE since Friday but didn't do anything too taxing with it til yesterday. I took maybe ten pics and the phone felt very hot. I downloaded GSam and have been monitoring it since yesterday gets up to 104 pretty regularly doing basic tasks. It's at 100 right now and I've just been looking at facebook for a few minutes and typing this.
    It goes up whether I'm on wifi or LTE...i have the bamboo back.
    I'm going to see if mine settles down in the next few days, but this heat doesn't seem normal to me. I've never had a phone get this hot unless I talked on it for an extended amount of time, like an hour.
    Do you guys think this is normal?
    It's now at 107, after typing this..
    10-12-2015 07:42 PM
202 ... 23456 ...