06-04-2016 09:01 AM
202 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Yes that normal for Moto x pure.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    10-12-2015 08:19 PM
    In the back and also the display. The temperature rises to 104.3 F or 103.3F when just browsing the internet for a few minutes there is no apps in the background or any apps updating or any syncing. I even turned off the Moto features to save battery life but it gets hot and I barely got it yesterday. Should I return it and get my money back?
    10-16-2015 07:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! How's your cell signal? Poor cell signal can make the phone work harder to boost the signal, and therefore generate heat.
    10-16-2015 07:52 PM
    In the back and also the display. The temperature rises to 104.3 F or 103.3F when just browsing the internet for a few minutes there is no apps in the background or any apps updating or any syncing. I even turned off the Moto features to save battery life but it gets hot and I barely got it yesterday. Should I return it and get my money back?
    Sounds unusual, at least to me. Mine never gets warm while browsing or watching videos (only time it warmed up is when connected to the turbo charger). Cell signal is one possibility as mentioned above. I would at least try a factory reset before sending it back.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure
    10-16-2015 09:42 PM
    How would I do a factory reset since this is my first time with this phone?
    10-16-2015 10:46 PM
    Sounds unusual, at least to me. Mine never gets warm while browsing or watching videos (only time it warmed up is when connected to the turbo charger). Cell signal is one possibility as mentioned above. I would at least try a factory reset before sending it back.

How would I do a factory reset since this is my first time with this phone?
    10-16-2015 10:48 PM

I haven't used it to call since my original sim won't fit Does the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style have overheating issues?-screenshot_2015-10-16-19-51-57-1-.jpg
    That's what my cell signal looks like.
    10-16-2015 11:11 PM
    To factory reset, go to settings, them backup & reset. Should find it there. Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2015 11:16 PM
    I don't think you need a factory reset. Your battery stats show a weak cell signal, sometimes even nonexistent (red patches). As B. Diddy said this will generate more heat. Also check in the main battery screen which apps are on the top of the list.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-16-2015 11:23 PM
    Can you correlate when the phone got really hot with the times the cell signal was in the red? Or see if it gets hot when you have excellent signal.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2015 11:27 PM
    I haven't used it to call since my original sim won't fit Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-16-19-51-57[1].jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	201692
    What were you doing in the time frame before 5PM when the battery dropped like a rock?

As far a temperature, mine has never been above 100 F. That has only occurred when the battery is charging from below 35% and there is a short spike before it drops down. The phone as been what I would call warm but never anywhere near the temperature of my old Motorola Razr X [it was suffering from old age]. I rarely use the phone when it is charging.

Before I read posts I considered myself in the low to medium user range. Now I probably rank close to a non user compared to most of you. Calls, texts, camera, watch videos, less than 2GB of cell data, nearer 6 of WiFi data, simple games. It is rare that the phone feels warm. But as a retired senior citizen, I probably am not a typical user.
    10-16-2015 11:37 PM
    What were you doing in the time frame before 5PM when the battery dropped like a rock?

As far a temperature, mine has never been above 100 F. That has only occurred when the battery is charging from below 35% and there is a short spike before it drops down. The phone as been what I would call warm but never anywhere near the temperature of my old Motorola Razr X [it was suffering from old age]. I rarely use the phone when it is charging.

Before I read posts I considered myself in the low to medium user range. Now I probably rank close to a non user compared to most of you. Calls, texts, camera, watch videos, less than 2GB of cell data, nearer 6 of WiFi data, simple games. It is rare that the phone feels warm. But as a retired senior citizen, I probably am not a typical user.
    I was searching the internet before 5pm.

10-16-2015 11:47 PM
    I don't think you need a factory reset. Your battery stats show a weak cell signal, sometimes even nonexistent (red patches). As B. Diddy said this will generate more heat. Also check in the main battery screen which apps are on the top of the list.
    This screen is what is on first then cell standby and opera.

Attached Thumbnails Does the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style have overheating issues?-235.jpg  
    10-16-2015 11:50 PM
    Cell Standby is pretty high. I still think it's due to poor signal.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-17-2015 01:56 AM
    Cell Standby is pretty high. I still think it's due to poor signal.
    I don't think that a factory reset will work. Even right now the temperature is at 90.8 degrees and getting a little warm but not that much. What should I do?

10-17-2015 02:03 AM
    I haven't used it to call since my original sim won't fit Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-16-19-51-57[1].jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	201692
    The phone uses a nano SIM, which you can get from you carrier. Any carrier store should have them. Once installed, they'll put you on the network.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-17-2015 02:49 AM
    Hang on a sec. You're getting that cell signal, and you don't have a SIM card in? Are you on Verizon or Sprint?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-17-2015 02:52 AM
    Today it didn't get hot at all. People have said to give it 6-7 days or charge cycles and today was day 7 for me. The battery life was markedly better than yesterday and there was no heating up today.
    Will update if it starts up again.

10-17-2015 06:11 AM
    Hang on a sec. You're getting that cell signal, and you don't have a SIM card in? Are you on Verizon or Sprint?
    I have T-Mobile prepaid.

10-17-2015 01:53 PM
    If the phone doesn't have a SIM card, I'm not sure how it's getting a cell signal. In any case, as long as you don't have a SIM card inserted, turn on Airplane Mode, which should eliminate Cell Standby as a problem. You can always turn wi-fi back on after you activate Airplane Mode.
    10-17-2015 05:56 PM
    If the phone doesn't have a SIM card, I'm not sure how it's getting a cell signal. In any case, as long as you don't have a SIM card inserted, turn on Airplane Mode, which should eliminate Cell Standby as a problem. You can always turn wi-fi back on after you activate Airplane Mode.
    Thanks but I already returned to Motorola. Thanks for the help I really appreciated the help

B. Diddy likes this.
    10-17-2015 08:24 PM
    Thanks but I already returned to Motorola. Thanks for the help I really appreciated the help

Hi, please keep us informed if your problem is solve when you receive your new mxpe, I am deciding if buying it or not.

10-17-2015 10:19 PM
    Here is mine while charging +youtube I hope its normal

Does the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style have overheating issues?-j6agrqe.png
    10-18-2015 08:19 PM
    Here is mine while charging +youtube I hope its normal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J6aGRqE.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	201973
    Seems too warm. I got similar temps with the 25W charger when charging with less than 60% battery left. I went to my Samsung fast charger and no high heat issues. Might want to do the same test without charging to see if correlates to when charging.
    10-20-2015 01:10 PM
    Mine has been feeling warm so I downloaded GSam today to see. Got to 108 today just browsing the web. Not on charger. Normal?
    10-20-2015 05:38 PM
202 ... 34567 ...