06-04-2016 09:01 AM
202 ... 6789
tools
    It depends on what do you consider as overheating. Have you tried playing a game for 20 minutes? Mine reaches 46°c with similar amount of game play or navigating while charging.

I ordered my moto x style around a month back and noticed overheating. So I returned it. I got a replacement device which has similar behaviour. So I guess this is an issue with all spec heavy phones. If you let it rest while being charged(it charges pretty quickly anyway) or not a heavy game player, i guess you will not notice the overheating.
    If you want to monitor the temperature and battery usage, use gsam battery monitor app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I charge my phone and use navigation everyday on my way home from work. Not because I don't know the way. I have at least an hr drive home from Detroit everyday with various accidents along the way. Maps helps me avoid them.

Never does my phone feel warm to the touch.

11-29-2015 08:26 PM
    pop-up that said as the first owner of a Moto X Pure Edition to visit their site today I had won a prize. It had several items listed (iPad mini, etc.) and told me to pick one.
    If you would have picked one of the prizes it probably would have been awarded by a Nigerian prince. You missed your opportunity to hob-nob with royalty. Maybe next time.
    Laura Knotek and Westiemom like this.
    11-29-2015 08:30 PM
    If you would have picked one of the prizes it probably would have been awarded by a Nigerian prince. You missed your opportunity to hob-nob with royalty. Maybe next time.

And going by the temperature of my phone, that prince must have been hot! Lol!

Laura Knotek and Shimon Mor like this.
    11-29-2015 09:20 PM
    My MPE idles a little warmer than my Note 3 did, but the Note got much hotter in use. Charging the MXPE seems to be a cooler experience than my Note 3 as well. Charging temps run around 105 on the battery, cooler on the exterior surfaces of the MPE. The Note often approached 120 on charge.
    12-01-2015 10:48 AM

115+° normal and acceptable? it's pretty hot to hold.
    12-06-2015 09:45 AM
    Played Injustice on and MXPE and the Nexus 5X. It ran hot under the MXPE and barely hot under the 5X.
    12-07-2015 03:34 PM
    Just checking mine now whilst charging and it's 112F or 44C. Hot to touch. Don't enjoy having a phone that gets this hot.

12-07-2015 03:37 PM
    Is there any side effect due to this regular overheating?
    Mine reaches 43-45 C every time I use it while being charged or play games for around 15-20 minutes and it happens at least once a day

12-07-2015 03:41 PM
    Let's hope not...

12-07-2015 03:42 PM
    i don't play games. I'm just on the Web and it's getting hot. 110-115°
    12-08-2015 12:24 AM
    I've been using Tapatalk, newsstand, and chrome for the last 45 min and my temp is 82 degrees.
    12-08-2015 07:30 AM
    Mine never gets "hot" but I do not use the rapid charger nor do I play games. Using it for everything else including navigation GPS and still just gets a little warm...just like all my other phones did.
    12-08-2015 09:51 AM
    I had never encountered problems with my phone getting hot until yesterday. I was at a luncheon and had used my phone and after use I placed it in the pocket of my purse. After I got home and I pulled it out the phone was still on and very hot. For some reason it never shut off when I quit using it. I had turned it off prior to placing in my purse but it either turned back on or never shut off. Once I shut it down it promptly cooled off and I have had no problems with it since then.
    12-09-2015 08:55 AM
    Nancy, that may have been what is called a 'phantom re-boot'...sometimes these mini-computers of ours just decide to shut down and re-start themselves. You did the right thing to manually do a re-boot (or maybe you just turned the screen off? Either way, your'e probably ok.

I've watched this thread since the original post (way before getting 2 Pures for us) and get more info from the posts that include actual temperatures (thanx to all!) but don't recall noticing anyone say that they *know* that the auto temp protection designed into the device(s) actually shut the phone down for excess temp. I've trusted Moto through approx two dozen devices going back to 3 of the OG Droids and sometimes they've warmed up but never shut down.

Beueller? Anyone?
    Ry and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-09-2015 10:56 AM
    UPDATE: I now have Marshmallow and heating seems less of a problem in the few days I've had it. Had a prolonged gaming session on a game that usually sent temperatures into the mid 40s and now it feels subjectively cooler and objectively too with temp only hitting 36C.

Anyone else noticing an improvement? BTW loving this phone on 6.0. Feels even more slick!

12-19-2015 06:22 AM
    What issues are you having with caller Id? Haven't noticed anything here.

12-19-2015 08:22 AM
    What issues are you having with caller Id? Haven't noticed anything here.

When contacts calls or texts come in, callers name and contact picture doesn't show up, only phone number, like they're not in your contacts. A reboot usually fixes it for awhile, but comes back. This seems to be a bug with marshmallow and Motorola's contact\dialer app. Many posts about it on xda and here on ac... Hopefully it's easily fixed in next update.

12-19-2015 01:10 PM
    I haven't seen any overheating on mine, or anyone else's (I know about 10 people with the phone). The only way the phone gets hot for me (and I wouldn't say it's "over-hot", so to speak), is when I'm charging using a fast charger, or if it's reaching out for service in an area with bad reception. It doesn't even get that hot for me when I play games, but the only game I play is the family guy:quest for stuff one.
    12-22-2015 07:31 PM
    Angry Birds 2 will have it in the 90F plus range and I've hit 112F while Turbo charging
    12-23-2015 11:12 PM
    Any latest reviews, any one. I just bought this x style n its been more than a week, my phone is touching 45-48deg Celsius after few hrs of simple web browsing. No games at all just browsing. Should i be worried. Or has any one figured how to check on this temp isaue..

P.S. replacing is this phone is d last option,
    04-28-2016 02:36 PM
    According to Motorola it's normal...
    04-29-2016 10:37 PM
    My phone gets hot quick playing games (Alto's adventure, Beach buggy racing etc.). As much as I love the device, it's kind of annoying.
    04-30-2016 09:21 AM
    Is not feeling the heat really a good thing? It could possible just mean that all heat is contained within the phone and is not dissipated when it is cool to the touch. With so many different materials and colors on the front and the back, a different combo might have different rate of dissipation of heat. I recently ordered a full white model with champagne trim and frame, hopefully it isn't the worst at heat dissipation.
    05-10-2016 05:19 AM
    Is not feeling the heat really a good thing? It could possible just mean that all heat is contained within the phone and is not dissipated when it is cool to the touch. With so many different materials and colors on the front and the back, a different combo might have different rate of dissipation of heat. I recently ordered a full white model with champagne trim and frame, hopefully it isn't the worst at heat dissipation.
    I would think you would feel heat if it was running hot.But if you want to make sure you could install GSam Battery Monitor ( or similar app) . The app will show the temperature of the phone
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...labs.bbm&hl=en
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-10-2016 07:11 AM
    When the sun was hot this morning, I took my X to take some photos because there is this blue sky perfect for captures. After taking like 25 shots under the sun, the phone reached 46.5 degrees Celcius. Turned the screen off, waited for a while, its minimum is 35 degrees Celcius. This is when the phone is set to 720p resolution using adb commands. All white model.
    05-22-2016 03:52 AM
202 ... 6789