03-14-2016 03:50 PM
87 1234
tools
    Too bad you are not near me. I have a spare one just right next to me.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    If only...guess I'll have to wait a day or two to figure this out!
    09-22-2015 09:50 PM
    Absolutely horrible experience with Sprint so far.
    - Tried heading over to a Sprint corporate store and was told phone needed to be with me as "cards were defective" and they needed to test them out in person.
    - Called at least 8 corporate stores in the NYC Tri-State area, not one near me had or knew what I was talking about (even when given the above SKU/UPC codes)
    -Called Sprint and they tried helping and in the end, I said I can go to Best Buy but will the reimburse me the amount? He kindly offered $5.
    -Went to Best Buy, gave the SKU/UPC code and got a SIM.
    - Came home, SIM not compatible.
    - Speaking to at least 3 different Sprint reps who have no clue what is happening (one even said the MEID # is an iPhone code)
    - On hold after several disconnections and transfers.
    - transferred to international department to have a SIM ordered.

Very frustrating experience so far. Looks like I won't be able to use the new phone until a SIM is received. Been with Sprint since 1998 and this is making me rethink the support.

Update: Sprint is "sold out" of the SIM card.
    they'll try and tell you that you need the phone and all that jazz...easy way around it is to tell them that online tech support sent you to the store to get the card and they are activating it online.
    lkmel likes this.
    09-22-2015 09:59 PM
    After calling several more corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan, I ended up calling a Best Buy Mobile store. Gave them the SIM card model number and after a few minutes, they confirmed they had them for $9.99.

I ended up purchasing it from Best Buy Mobile. Not sure how all the corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan do not have the SIM.

By the way, when the SIM was rung up, it said "HTC and Moto Pure" as the description. Finally, after all evening and this morning, I have a working Moto XPE on Sprint.
    09-23-2015 11:35 AM
    After calling several more corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan, I ended up calling a Best Buy Mobile store. Gave them the SIM card model number and after a few minutes, they confirmed they had them for $9.99.

I ended up purchasing it from Best Buy Mobile. Not sure how all the corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan do not have the SIM.

By the way, when the SIM was rung up, it said "HTC and Moto Pure" as the description. Finally, after all evening and this morning, I have a working Moto XPE on Sprint.
    Glad you were able to get that settled. That sounded aggravating for sure.
    lkmel likes this.
    09-23-2015 12:29 PM
    Just went through this. The corporate store had no idea what I was talking about, or anything about the phone. I gave them the UPC, Part number of the required SIM and they didn't have any in stock. I called customer support and the lady was even more clueless, she refused to even send me a SIM even if I provided the part number. She kept saying she couldn't activate a phone not bought from sprint. In the end I walked in to Best Buy and asked them if they had this SIM card for sprint and gave them the UPC and Part number and they must have had a whole stack(wtf sprint?) of them. I was in and out of Best Buy in less than 5 mins. I then used Live Chat and they activated the phone easily.

I feel this would have been easier if Motorola had provided a Sprint SIM card when I ordered the phone. If you go through the order process now on Motorola, they now offer you an option of a SIM for the different carriers for $5. That wasn't there when I originally ordered the phone on 9/3.
    Where I can find my device UPC number?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 01:44 PM
    Anyone ordered the SIM from Motorola with the phone activated it? Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow although I have a feeling it won't arrive.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    10-01-2015 03:40 PM
    So I got my new Moto X with the Sprint SIM I bought from Moto Maker. It won't activate. 3 hours online last night with Sprint and 2 hours in the Sprint store tonight and no luck. Got online with Motorola and they had me restart it and also go into recovery mode and no luck. Their last instruction was to go into Recovery mode and then get to the secondary options to clear the cache and if that didn't work, do a factory reset. Problem is that it won't get to the secondary menu. When the dead Android guy is on the screen I hold the volume up button for 10-15 seconds and then press the power button as instructed but nothing happens. Eventually the phone restarts. Guess I'll have to contact them again tomorrow. So much hassle for a new phone.
    10-10-2015 01:08 AM
    What do you mean it won't activate when you go online enter your IMEI number minus the last digit and it should work
    10-10-2015 03:13 AM
    Mine activated very easily online with Sprint. I just went to sprint.com/activate, logged in, followed online instructions, and entered the 14-digit MEID number from the box, just took a few minutes. I got the Sprint SIM card with the phone from Moto Maker.
    10-10-2015 09:14 AM
    I finally got it activated today after doing a factory reset on the phone. Had to figure out how to do it as the instructions that Motorola gave me don't work on this phone. Called Sprint and using the original SIM from Motorola, they activated it.
    10-10-2015 11:38 AM
    Also had a hard time but after 2 hours at the sprint store we got it working.

Is anyone having issues with LTE so far? I had perfect signal, shut it off, and now am unable to get LTE back...
    10-18-2015 06:56 PM
    You try updating your prl
    10-18-2015 07:32 PM
    Does the Sprint visual voicemail app work on the X, or do you have to call in to retrieve voicemail like a peasant?
    10-19-2015 12:01 PM
    Does the Sprint visual voicemail app work on the X, or do you have to call in to retrieve voicemail like a peasant?
    That app, and all of the other Sprint apps, do not come installed on this phone. I could not find Sprint's visual voicemail app anywhere to install on this phone. There might be some other apps that do something similar, but a few reviews I read caused me some concerns, and I haven't looked into it a whole lot. So, right now I'm going the peasant route, clicking on the voicemail notification, which dials in to retrieve the message. If anyone else has found and installed the Sprint visual voicemail app, I'd be interested in learning about that.
    10-19-2015 01:24 PM
    So I'm about to buy a moto X pure,... I think... If I can find out if it will work on sprints network... Is it as easy as just popping in the sim like it is on other carriers. I'm wondering cause I've seen a couple videos where you have to jump through a couple hoops to get the phone to work?
    10-21-2015 05:33 PM
    Worked fine for me
    10-21-2015 05:51 PM
    Yep .
    10-22-2015 01:04 AM
    So walking into sprint with the phone and saying can I have a Sim card for this phone activated and it works just like that?
    10-22-2015 03:25 AM
    So walking into sprint with the phone and saying can I have a Sim card for this phone activated and it works just like that?
    If you have an active sim, the walking into sprint part is unnecessary. Just put the sim in and your good to go

Sent from my XT1575
    10-22-2015 06:26 AM
    Just remember, this phone takes a Nano SIM. The regular SIM won't fit (unless you know how to cut it down).
    10-22-2015 12:23 PM
    If you're on sprint, just use Google voice integration, and voice mails will show up in the hangouts app. It's an old but effective feature that sprint and Google put together.

10-25-2015 08:06 AM
    Just rcvd my Moto X Pure Edition yesterday and took it over to Sprint to activate it on one of their plans. Sprint refused. They said this phone will not work on their network, Called Motorola while in the store. Motorola said the phone will work on their network, but Sprint still refused to activate, said I had to buy one of their Samsung or iPhones for $700+. So I went to Verizon, and I'm now a happy Moto X user. I'll never consider using Sprint again.
    I had the same issue but after I explained to them further that just because it's not sold here doesn't mean it's not a sprint phone. They told me to go to ATT but encouraged them to look at the Motorola site and give me a sim. They did but that sim was incompatible so I had to order one. Getting it tomorrow.

They don't know its not for Sprint because it's typically a simcard imei for gsm phones which they stupidly assume. Give them information to look at and insist.

Cant wait to see the speeds here on south florida
    11-04-2015 12:43 AM
    It's a CZ simcard from what I was told earlier

Here's the notification through email about my order

Items Shipped
    quantity itemnumber item description 1 019962040146 WW GEM LTE+GSM REM 4FF CSIM V5

11-04-2015 12:52 AM
    update... just got the new simcard and the phone is working now
    11-04-2015 12:00 PM
    I got my sprint sim from Motorola with the phone but it wouldn't activate. Took it to the sprint store and they couldn't do it either, even after they put another sim in. Had to get on Motorola support and they had me do a factory reset on it and then sprint was able to activate it.
    11-04-2015 01:29 PM
87 1234