Using the Moto X Pure Edition on Sprint?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Using the Moto X Pure Edition on Sprint

I had to cancel my first order for the phone because it never progressed in the build process. Reordered it over the weekend and now that they also have SIM cards available I ordered the Sprint one to go with it. Hopefully that will work and I won't have to deal with a Sprint store once it arrives.

Greg

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

So Frustrated!!! No Sim, went to corporate store was denied, saying they don't have any that are compatible with this device. (didn't have part numbers listed above, thanks poster). went to best buy and bought one got the wrong one. Spoke to sprint on the phone they said that a certain store in my area would have them gave me their number, they do not.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site

So Frustrated!!! No Sim, went to corporate store was denied, saying they don't have any that are compatible with this device. (didn't have part numbers listed above, thanks poster). went to best buy and bought one got the wrong one. Spoke to sprint on the phone they said that a certain store in my area would have them gave me their number, they do not.

It uses the same one as the HTC M9. So as long as they say they have an M9 SIM for sprint then it will work.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Guess I'll have to stop by a Sprint store on the way home. They should be able to give me one if I'm a current customer and I tell them I have a new phone at home?

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Absolutely horrible experience with Sprint so far.
- Tried heading over to a Sprint corporate store and was told phone needed to be with me as "cards were defective" and they needed to test them out in person.
- Called at least 8 corporate stores in the NYC Tri-State area, not one near me had or knew what I was talking about (even when given the above SKU/UPC codes)
-Called Sprint and they tried helping and in the end, I said I can go to Best Buy but will the reimburse me the amount? He kindly offered $5.
-Went to Best Buy, gave the SKU/UPC code and got a SIM.
- Came home, SIM not compatible.
- Speaking to at least 3 different Sprint reps who have no clue what is happening (one even said the MEID # is an iPhone code)
- On hold after several disconnections and transfers.
- transferred to international department to have a SIM ordered.

Very frustrating experience so far. Looks like I won't be able to use the new phone until a SIM is received. Been with Sprint since 1998 and this is making me rethink the support.

Update: Sprint is "sold out" of the SIM card.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site

- Tried heading over to a Sprint corporate store and was told phone needed to be with me as "cards were defective" and they needed to test them out in person.
- Called at least 8 corporate stores in the NYC Tri-State area, not one near me had or knew what I was talking about (even when given the above SKU/UPC codes)
-Called Sprint and they tried helping and in the end, I said I can go to Best Buy but will the reimburse me the amount? He kindly offered $5.
- Speaking to at least 3 different Sprint reps who have no clue what is happening (one even said the MEID # is an iPhone code)

Very frustrating experience so far. Looks like I won't be able to use the new phone until a SIM is received. Been with Sprint since 1998 and this is making me rethink the support.

Did they not give you the Sim that is SIMGLW446C? That should absolutely work if it was that one. Also, I just activated mine online, did you try that?

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I gave the Best Buy guy the SKU number. Now that I'm looking at it, the info under the bar code is: SIMGLW416c - obviously not the same.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I gave the Best Buy guy the SKU number. Now that I'm looking at it, the info under the bar code is: SIMGLW416c - obviously not the same.

Too bad you are not near me. I have a spare one just right next to me.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

Update: Sprint is "sold out" of the SIM card.

they'll try and tell you that you need the phone and all that jazz...easy way around it is to tell them that online tech support sent you to the store to get the card and they are activating it online.

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

After calling several more corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan, I ended up calling a Best Buy Mobile store. Gave them the SIM card model number and after a few minutes, they confirmed they had them for $9.99.

I ended up purchasing it from Best Buy Mobile. Not sure how all the corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan do not have the SIM.

By the way, when the SIM was rung up, it said "HTC and Moto Pure" as the description. Finally, after all evening and this morning, I have a working Moto XPE on Sprint.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

After calling several more corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan, I ended up calling a Best Buy Mobile store. Gave them the SIM card model number and after a few minutes, they confirmed they had them for $9.99.

I ended up purchasing it from Best Buy Mobile. Not sure how all the corporate Sprint stores in Manhattan do not have the SIM.

By the way, when the SIM was rung up, it said "HTC and Moto Pure" as the description. Finally, after all evening and this morning, I have a working Moto XPE on Sprint.

Glad you were able to get that settled. That sounded aggravating for sure.

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Just went through this. The corporate store had no idea what I was talking about, or anything about the phone. I gave them the UPC, Part number of the required SIM and they didn't have any in stock. I called customer support and the lady was even more clueless, she refused to even send me a SIM even if I provided the part number. She kept saying she couldn't activate a phone not bought from sprint. In the end I walked in to Best Buy and asked them if they had this SIM card for sprint and gave them the UPC and Part number and they must have had a whole stack(wtf sprint?) of them. I was in and out of Best Buy in less than 5 mins. I then used Live Chat and they activated the phone easily.

I feel this would have been easier if Motorola had provided a Sprint SIM card when I ordered the phone. If you go through the order process now on Motorola, they now offer you an option of a SIM for the different carriers for $5. That wasn't there when I originally ordered the phone on 9/3.

Where I can find my device UPC number?

Posted via the Android Central App

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone ordered the SIM from Motorola with the phone activated it? Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow although I have a feeling it won't arrive.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I got my new Moto X with the Sprint SIM I bought from Moto Maker. It won't activate. 3 hours online last night with Sprint and 2 hours in the Sprint store tonight and no luck. Got online with Motorola and they had me restart it and also go into recovery mode and no luck. Their last instruction was to go into Recovery mode and then get to the secondary options to clear the cache and if that didn't work, do a factory reset. Problem is that it won't get to the secondary menu. When the dead Android guy is on the screen I hold the volume up button for 10-15 seconds and then press the power button as instructed but nothing happens. Eventually the phone restarts. Guess I'll have to contact them again tomorrow. So much hassle for a new phone.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine activated very easily online with Sprint. I just went to sprint.com/activate, logged in, followed online instructions, and entered the 14-digit MEID number from the box, just took a few minutes. I got the Sprint SIM card with the phone from Moto Maker.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I finally got it activated today after doing a factory reset on the phone. Had to figure out how to do it as the instructions that Motorola gave me don't work on this phone. Called Sprint and using the original SIM from Motorola, they activated it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance