Which phone are you guys coming from?

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello AC fellows,

I currently have Samsung Galaxy S6 and I heard that Moto X Pure maybe a good upgrade so I ordered mine. I was going to get Nexus 6, but it seems like Moto X pure has better CPU and cameras for $100 more. Which phone are you guys coming from and why?

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I did have a Galaxy S5, but that stopped turning on so I'm now on my Galaxy Nexus until my Moto X Pure comes in. I'm struggling here

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I did have a Galaxy S5, but that stopped turning on so I'm now on my Galaxy Nexus until my Moto X Pure comes in. I'm struggling here

Does S5 have super amoled screen? My main concern is that Moto X Pure screen is not good as super amoled. My S6 is nice, but moto X pure seems to have bigger battery and stock android experience.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
my personal phone is a nexus 5, and my work phone is a moto x 2014...im upgrading my personal phone to the moto x pure.

moto x 2014 has amoled and nexus 5 has ips...honestly, both screens work just fine for me. seems my nexus 5 ips screen does better blacks.

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5.

I was a little afraid of the jump in size. However, once the phone arrived today all my fears were put to rest. This phone is very manageable and is not as massive as it's been made out to be.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Moto X 2nd gen. And I'm pretty worried this Pure is going to be too big for me. I'll use the 14 days and see how I adjust. I don't really know where I'd go if the Pure is too big. No desire to go back to Samsung or Apple.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 6. It's been several years since I've had an android phone (though I did have a nexus 7 tablet for awhile). I plan on switching back and forth when boredom strikes.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Huawei Ascend Mate 7.....I'll be going a step down in size and battery life. But I really loved my first Moto X, and am looking forward to this one. The Mate will become my back-up phone.

Posted via my Ascend Mate 7 or my "soon to be" Moto X Pure

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Note 5 ... Had good 3 week run. Think will sell it and keep the Moto since overall this is better value given the low price compared to Note 5. But Note 5 is the first Samsung device in a long time that I was impressed and might regret after selling. Let's see !!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
OnePlus One. Had intended to upgrade to the One Plus2 but got fed up with them and the invite system so decided to go with the Moto X Pure. Believe I made a very wise decision.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a nexus 6/droid turbo/LG g2/note 4. Had them all in the last few months.

Previously I've had a 2013 moto x, 2014 moto x, galaxy s5, nexus 5, note 3, note 2, galaxy s3, epic 4g.

Last edited:

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a Microsoft Lumia 735 (Verizon) and before that a Moto X 2014 (had been on AT&T until June). I've grown tired of being without certain apps and how slow the browser is. My only concerns are that the phone will be too big to use one-handed or that it will feel too big in my pocket. I think it's a great value and I like that Moto will not have to go through Verizon to provide us with software updates. If I don't like this phone, the next LG Nexus or the iPhone 6s will be the way I go.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers