10-26-2015 12:06 PM
131 ... 3456
tools
    I'm moving from a recently bought Moto G 2015. Really like this phone but the display was not really too good

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-08-2015 09:18 PM
    Opposite for me with the Note 4 and correlates to reviews by Anantech and GSMarena (great Note 4 battery life).

I find for my medium to heavy use the Note 4 is significantly better in regards to battery life and heat issues than the Pure. 3D games and HD video runs ten degrees warmer and screen on time is three hours less on average with the Pure. No rational comparison. The heat and sharp battery decline with GPU heavy apps seems unusual with the Pure and Moto needs to manage the governor settings better with the GPU (if they can).

If I just used Dolphin and Firefox, streamed video (not HD), or used lighter GPU apps, the battery life was decent and heat relativity normal with the Pure. Ditto for game emulators since they are very light on the GPU and very heavy with the CPU. After ten days now with the Pure, it seems the Pure is a great device for light to medium users that do not use many apps GPU heavy. The GPU seems the problem on this device.

Per Best Buy, they are getting returns due to the battery and related heat issues. I do not think it as much a product defect as it is the 808's gpu is having a hard time with 1440p and needs to be throttled. That might be the catch- if Moto throttles, the GPU might have a harder time with 1440p. This seems not a lot different than the G4 issues.

Like the G4, most people are light to medium users, so usually no harm no foul for them
    Hmmm.. Been on Best buys site and friend works in the geek squad and he said the mxpe is flying off the shelves but hasn't mentioned alot of returns.. Where did u hear this?

10-09-2015 05:03 AM
    I came from an HTC One M7. I had really enjoyed the phone but it was starting to act up. I previously had Motorola's but when it came out I decided to jump to HTC. Did 2 years of good service for me and it will stay as a back up phone for my wife and I.

I'm thrilled with the XPE so far and haven't had a single issue.
    10-09-2015 06:34 AM
    I came from an HTC One M7. I had really enjoyed the phone but it was starting to act up. I previously had Motorola's but when it came out I decided to jump to HTC. Did 2 years of good service for me and it will stay as a back up phone for my wife and I.

I'm thrilled with the XPE so far and haven't had a single issue.
    I'm waiting mine and I have the M7 for the past two years. I love how smooth the One is, but the camera has the purple tint.
    How did you find it in terms of smoothness and battery life?
    10-09-2015 07:25 AM
    A rather ancient (comparatively) Samsung Galaxy S3. It's served me well and pretty much does everything I need, but the last 12 months or so it's just been getting reaaallly slow opening apps and stuff. Like it'll sit there on a blank screen for 25 seconds while it decides what to do. A full factory reset makes this quicker again, but within weeks it's back to normal. I think as apps get more complicated and bulky (Facebook is a main one) ..this old phone struggles a bit now.

So going from the S3 to this Moto X Style is going to be a hell of a leap!! (and it's arriving within the next hour. Woohoo!!)
    10-09-2015 08:23 AM
    I'm sort of coming from a Note 4, except I drowned it in a swimming pool a few months ago (there should be a law against swimsuit pockets large enough to hold a cell phone!), so I've been using my old Note 2. I loved the Note 4, great screen, camera, WiFi calling (Sprint), SD card and removable battery. Samsung lost me with the Note 5's glass back and abandonment of SD and removable battery. At least the XPE takes an SD card.

I only occasionally used the S Pen, so I think I won't miss that too much. I'm looking forward to the Moto experience, and I like that the phone is unlocked and will work on all carriers, as I may want to switch from Sprint.

I did a clean install of Lollipop on my Note 4, after the initial OTA update, and it worked fine for me. I'd recommend that for anyone having problems after the update.
    10-09-2015 08:35 AM
    I'm coming from the OnePlus One. I also have the OnePlus 2. The X is my daily, the 2 is my back up. Moto assist is something that I must have now!

You're like me. I got one plus one and two and moto x pure. I use both mxp and OPT.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
    10-09-2015 04:14 PM
    I'm coming from the NGage. Hard to transition to the Pure, since taco calling was so cool
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-09-2015 04:23 PM
    I'm waiting mine and I have the M7 for the past two years. I love how smooth the One is, but the camera has the purple tint.
    How did you find it in terms of smoothness and battery life?
    I think the MXPE is excellent on both counts. My M7 was a big laggy at times and no matter what I do with this it doesn't skip a beat. I'm in and out of heavy use depending on the day but its never not lasted me a whole day. I guess for some that doesn't mean heavy use though. Bottom line is same habits on both phones and I have way more battery life on the MXPE at any point during the day.

I think you will be pleased.
    Loiter likes this.
    10-09-2015 11:02 PM
    I think the MXPE is excellent on both counts. My M7 was a big laggy at times and no matter what I do with this it doesn't skip a beat. I'm in and out of heavy use depending on the day but its never not lasted me a whole day. I guess for some that doesn't mean heavy use though. Bottom line is same habits on both phones and I have way more battery life on the MXPE at any point during the day.

What about size? Did you get used to it quickly?
    10-10-2015 05:24 AM
    I was a little caught off guard by the size difference but I feel it's been an easy transition. From reading/watching reviews many said it was a large phone but still easy to use, and I agree. I'm just using the CaseMate bumper case which doesn't add much extra to the phone.
    Loiter likes this.
    10-10-2015 03:40 PM

This mirrors my experience as well. The MXPE is just smooth and easy... Mine doesn't get hot and the battery is pretty darn good. I don't game on my phone, maybe if you are a big gamer the battery runs down faster? IDK.

If you get a slim case or go bare the size isn't an issue because of the great ergonomics of the device. It fits so well in my hand and I can even reach most of the screen. The upper left corner is still tough to touch but there isn't usually much I need up there. Typing is WAY EASIER on this big screen. And the screen is beautiful. IDK what people could possibly find to complain about, I like it better than my S6 screen.

It's a fantastic device.

Ryaan Johnson likes this.
    10-11-2015 08:37 AM
    Came from the S6 Edge.
    Other than looking good to the untrained eye, the Edge screen was a gimmick and actually made usability worse in some cases.
    I usually have Nexus devices but didn't fancy either the 5x or 6p although I may go 5x if I don't get used to the slightly bigger Moto (I stuck with Nexus 5 for quite a long time for me).
    Stanley Kubrick likes this.
    10-13-2015 06:25 AM
    I too came from the S6 Edge for many reasons not the least of which is the same as MartinMPL where he states "Other than looking good to the untrained eye, the Edge screen was a gimmick and actually made usability worse in some cases."
    10-13-2015 10:28 AM
    Moved from LG G4. Had no complains though, jut I'm a Moto person and was waiting for this phone for a while.
    10-13-2015 10:47 AM
    Had a Samsung galaxy Note Edge for the past 9 months but had a OnePlus 2 for the last 5 days.
    10-16-2015 06:00 AM
    If a media fan, once you get used to the good stereo speakers and nice display, it is kind of hard to go back to a device without that combination. I would trade the home button for stereo speakers on the Note 4. Presuming as good as the MXPE speakers.

Yes, headphones null this, but a lot of times I do not want or need to use headphones and prefer the experience with the speakers. For meetings as well, using the speakers is much better than the Note 4 or 5.

Added: Comparing the NGage (my first smart phone) and the MXPE is a trip
    10-16-2015 09:26 AM
    Had a Samsung galaxy Note Edge for the past 9 months but had a OnePlus 2 for the last 5 days.
    ..... But this thread is in reference to the MXPE
    10-16-2015 10:22 AM
    Coming from a Nexus 5. 3 days ago my Nexus battery started smoking for no reason. Had no plans to upgrade that phone, bought it when it was first released and have been happy and issue free ever since. Was going to go for a Nexus 6, but was unimpressed. Last time I purchased a locked/contract phone was in 2010. Won;t ever go contract/locked again. My pure is being delivered by 8pm tonight!
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-16-2015 01:43 PM
    ..... But this thread is in reference to the MXPE
    I know, mines been ordered and on its way. The OPT just wasnt what i expected.
    10-17-2015 04:30 AM
    I'm coming from a HTC EVO 4G LTE. Loved that phone! Perfect size, kickstand built in, decent camera for the time. Finally decided to jump back in and went with the MXPE. Almost waited for the Nexus 5X. The size difference is the only thing I'm having to get used to on the MXPE. Other than that, love it!
    10-19-2015 04:46 AM
    Came from Windows Mobile/Phone HTC Touch Pro 2 -> HTC Trophy -> Lumia 928 -> Lumia Icon -> Moto X Pure Edition. Really liked the manual camera on Lumia 928 & Icon...as well as the RAW output on the Icon. Windows Phone wasn't bad but it's nice to have the apps on Android.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-20-2015 08:26 PM
    I've said it already, I'm coming from the LGG3. Only reason I bring it up again... Gps fails so much on my G3. Always shows my location wrong.

Can't wait till that's not an issue anymore.

dmark44 likes this.
    10-20-2015 09:20 PM
    Ι have mine for the past few days and I left my precious HTC One M7.
    I miss some Sense things, but I found some nice Moto things. I miss the looks of Sense also and the premium feel of the M7.
    Not that the Moto X feels cheap. The size difference was not as I expected. I got used to it easily (although I still have to decide what to do with cases).
    I still need some days to have a complete opinion about the Moto X and up until now my only complain is the popping sound of the speakers (I also had something similar in my M7). However I'm very happy with this phone. In my opinion, if you live in the US the Moto X price makes it an incredible solution.
    10-21-2015 04:22 PM
    Coming from a Galaxy S3....Used it for 2 years....it served me well but was slowing down and was only usable for the last year after I rooted it and installed Cyanogenmod...so bought the Pure....loving the stock Android feel and the big screen too!

10-21-2015 10:29 PM
131 ... 3456