Which phone are you guys coming from?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Tell us how moto x pure is compared note 5. I got s6 and I feel like s6 has better screen and camera.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I would say there are plus and minuses for both phones. I do find myself reaching for my S Pen sometimes to do a screen write or a smart select.

The screen on the note 5 seems to be more vivid and in your face with colors and brightness. On the Moto the colors seem to be more cartoonish is the only way I can explain it. I tend to like it, but I also like the Note 5 screen as well.

I don't like the fact that I cannot just silence the notifications volume like you can on the Note 5 but I believe Samsung is one of the only manufacturers that actually split up the volume controls.

Having the battery percentage missing versus being able to have it displayed on the note 5 was a little annoying. I found an app that enabled the battery percentage on the battery itself on the Moto so its not that bad the only thing is it is really tiny.

I really like the active display feature that is on the moto. I used a similar one on my Note 5 called dynamic notifications but it is nowhere near as good as the one on the Moto.

I do miss having the wireless charging that I had on the Note 5 but that is not a huge deal. I will say that the Moto charges up really fast just like the Note 5.

The front speakers on the Moto are really loud and I like them a lot ,the speaker on the Note 5 was pretty decent but nowhere near as loud as the Moto.

I haven't taken enough pictures with the Moto to really be able to judge the camera. The camera on the Note 5 was pretty awesome and will be hard to beat. The Moto's camera launches just as fast as the Note 5's camera. It snaps pictures really fast just like the Note 5. The only thing that I am having to get used to is having to shake the phone twice vs double tapping the home button to launch the camera.

Battery life seems to be about the same as my Note 5, I use my phone a lot so battery life doesn't make or break a phone for me. All my chargers are QC ones so I can get charged up really quick when I need it.

Look and feel on the Moto is pretty nice. I have the white with gold trim version. I like the textured back vs glass. It gives the phone more grip when using it naked. The fact that it came with a free clear bumper was pretty nice.

Call quality is clear like the Note 5 and the data runs great on Verizon.

32GB of storage is plenty for me, I have a 64GB card but haven't used it in a year and probably won't put it in the phone due to being too lazy to look for it.

Last edited:

disturbed933

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm always curious to know what makes one stray from Apple. What was the case with you?

EDIT: Oh Yea, the topic . Coming from an OG Moto X
I just got tired of the incremental updated and was getting bored with springboard in general. My 6+ battery wouldn't last me all day after a year of use.

What I do miss already is the swipe gestures from the left and right edges of the screen are very rarely supported in apps. And the fact that most of my apps aren't really optimized for a QHD display.

Love the Turbo charging. I drained the phone dead and from 0-100% with the included charger was about 70 minutes.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition (32GB Bamboo) XT1575

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say, I just got the lollipop update on my original moto X on Verizon. It has made me fall even more in love with this phone all over again. Unless something drastic happens to it or the new Nexus from LG is just something amazing, I may just keep my Moto X for another year. Would be a record for me, having a phone for 3 years.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from the Droid Razr Maxx HD so this will be quite the upgrade. I'm worried about the size but I'm being open-minded and giving this a shot.

segler

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Nexus, unlocked, recovery, rooted, 4.1.2 custom ROM. Using on Verizon off contract month to month. Works fine, but getting old and slow.

Don't laugh. LOL

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Nexus 6 which was just a tad too big for me to use comfortably. I still need to spend more time with the camera but so far, I am very pleased with the new Moto X Pure Edition. I love the size, build quality is excellent, and I appreciate the Android experience without all of the bloat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37